Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ub3r add in a "first available" option in the UI?

• Yes, please implement this option.
    74 (73.3%)
  • No, please do not implement this option.
    10 (9.9%)
  • Don't care.
    17 (16.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Topic: Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE" (Read 2851 times) previous topic - next topic

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE"
Reply #105
Keep talking about something that should be a no brainer. RoA light years ahead. New Combat changes incoming as well. GSO noobs.
And we all love that....so you can stay playing there and not annoy us :D

with the combat path changes coming up on roa that basically show ub3r how to add diversity while still keeping freedom in a non retarded braindead lol timegate down syndrome way that requires you to buy 3+ accounts to play the game properly you will soon be very alone here.

DND now officially has an expiration date.

Reply #106
Retards wanting all their heals on one bind....

What a fucking player base.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #107
Keep talking about something that should be a no brainer. RoA light years ahead. New Combat changes incoming as well. GSO noobs.
And we all love that....so you can stay playing there and not annoy us :D

with the combat path changes coming up on roa that basically show ub3r how to add diversity while still keeping freedom in a non retarded braindead lol timegate down syndrome way that requires you to buy 3+ accounts to play the game properly you will soon be very alone here.

DND now officially has an expiration date.

The literally copied all of New dawn's changes, down to the magic changes. I'm guessing English must be your second language...

They will still be fucked, fast travel in a MMO with a large non instance world is DOA.
  • Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:42:07 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #108
with the combat path changes coming up on roa that basically show ub3r how to add diversity while still keeping freedom in a non retarded braindead lol timegate down syndrome way that requires you to buy 3+ accounts to play the game properly you will soon be very alone here. DND now officially has an expiration date.
Yeah sure, most of the proposed (to an unknown date) changes are either copy/pasted from what you hate here (bonus to dmg for picking a specific school with maluses on the others, title unlocking spells, tiles giving bonus to melee/archery dmg with a malus to magic, artisan crafting (making anything non-artisan obsolete-->just like having the crafting titles), title for armor bonuses, self buffs reducing your mana pool, etc etc) or shitty ideas (all magic schools are now the same with different graphics: same bolt,r50,r90,aoe,ray----> sooo much diversity).
There are just a handful of nice ideas such as some more skills for melee/archery but the rest? meh....
Oh i almost forget: let's remove all self buffs and buff others too...they are boring...we just want dmg spells in the game!!

And, btw, have fun in your 3-months resetting server.....i prefer playing a mmorpg with a timeline instead of an instateleport server where everything gets resetted every 3 months like if it was a rust private server
  • Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:23:22 pm by dariobrun

Reply #109
What a drama for such an unimportant thing :/

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #110
with the combat path changes coming up on roa that basically show ub3r how to add diversity while still keeping freedom in a non retarded braindead lol timegate down syndrome way that requires you to buy 3+ accounts to play the game properly you will soon be very alone here. DND now officially has an expiration date.
Yeah sure, most of the proposed (to an unknown date) changes are either copy/pasted from what you hate here (bonus to dmg for picking a specific school with maluses on the others, title unlocking spells, tiles giving bonus to melee/archery dmg with a malus to magic, artisan crafting (making anything non-artisan obsolete-->just like having the crafting titles), title for armor bonuses, self buffs reducing your mana pool, etc etc) or shitty ideas (all magic schools are now the same with different graphics: same bolt,r50,r90,aoe,ray----> sooo much diversity).
There are just a handful of nice ideas such as some more skills for melee/archery but the rest? meh....
Oh i almost forget: let's remove all self buffs and buff others too...they are boring...we just want dmg spells in the game!!

And, btw, have fun in your 3-months resetting server.....i prefer playing a mmorpg with a timeline instead of an instateleport server where everything gets resetted every 3 months like if it was a rust private server

here we have the issue with you fanboys. your brain is too small to even comprehend the differences and why the roa way is so much superior to the shitshow that are titles. i dont care enough to give you a detailed explanation (which you wouldnt be able to comprehend anyway) so some bullit points will have to do.

-no retarded timegating
-hybrid playstyle still possible
-basic crafting available to everyone
-much more freedom in specialization than titles would ever be able to allow

there is more but im bored explaining things to 2 digit IQ mongs that are blinded by fanboyism of a dead failed game. enjoy the time it will last cos its over very soon.

Reply #111

here we have the issue with you fanboys. your brain is too small to even comprehend the differences and why the roa way is so much superior to the shitshow that are titles. i dont care enough to give you a detailed explanation (which you wouldnt be able to comprehend anyway) so some bullit points will have to do.

-no retarded timegating

there is more but im bored explaining things to 2 digit IQ mongs that are blinded by fanboyism of a dead failed game. enjoy the time it will last cos its over very soon.

I dont think anyone cares for your agurments when every second word you say is an insult to others.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #112

-no retarded timegating

I dont think anyone cares for your agurments when every second word you say is an insult to others.

im not trying to argue. im stating facts. also its not rly an insult when its telling the truth.

Reply #113
Lol it's funny how you are enjoying RoA so much that you feel compelled to keep on coming here trying to attract players there....if that game is so fun and going so much better than DnD, why do you feel that need?
Oh wait...let me guess...because there is no one playing there actually?

-no retarded timegating
I don't think they have given the specific details out yet (so both mine and yours are just guesses) but my guess is that it will be something you have to grind probably. For people that can spend 8+ hours a day playing a game, that's surely better because they can get an advantage over other players, for those who also have a life, having a time-gated system where everyone levels at the same speed no matter how much free time he has, it is better because it will not make them fall behind in days.
That's your guess....they have given no specific on bonuses/maluses yet, so it is just pure speculation as it is now. For DnD developers too hybrid is still a viable gameplay while for most of the playerbase it is not....so you better wait and see how it will turn out before making such absolute assumption, you might get burned if things don't turn out to be how you expected them to be.
Yes....and now the new standard gear becomes the artisan-crafted stuff, which makes basic crafting obsolete and useless, so everyone will still need to buy artisan equipment --> welcome to the so much dreaded "altfall" you fear so much?
Just like here where the best pvper always go out with the best possible equipment available, same will happen there. The new "must have" pvp gear bag will be made by artisan equipment, which means that while you can craft basic stuff, no one will want it apart for maybe doing some pve, or going around solo and not willing to risk much (but it is the same here...you can easily buy basic stuff at the local markets...it's when you are looking for specific high end gear that you might have troubles finding it at the markets).
That's seem true indeed, being able to pick up multiple different smaller perks to create more complex builds looks like a better system to allow more customization

That's the best part of you deluded RoA player: it is not insulting anyone who doesn't agree with you that you'll manage to convince them you are right...but i guess that's too hard to comprehend.
And, finally, even if that would be true and DnD will die, my guess is that you won't see that huge increase you are hoping for in RoA population. There are a ton of people that don't like to play a MMORPG where the server gets resetted every 3 months "because the gods are fighting each other" like the crappiest private servers out there.
P.s: by looking at the reaction on RoA forums, it looks like 90% of people there absolutely hates the proposed changes....so much for something that will kill DnD and make RoA bloom with new players :D
  • Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 01:42:32 pm by dariobrun

Reply #114
bump

Reply #115
@Ub3rgames Any chance of a response from you guys? Seem the vast majority of your player base would like this function available.

Reply #116
just keep bumping, easy quality of life add, no reason not too

Reply #117
What a drama for such an unimportant thing :/

That "Drama" suggests that it actually IS a very important thing for the majority of us

I personally have been asking and waiting patiently for such keybinding/hotbar improvements for over two years now

Reply #118
This is another reason why players are quitting, simple QoL changes that RoA has, it's a no brainer, and this game has no VISHUN.

Reply #119
This has been addressed back during InDev, and the short reply is:
YES in principle, NO in implementation and later in priority.

A more in depth explanation:
Our system is not ideal, but it is done with new players in mind rather than veteran/scripters.
The mindset for a FA option is very much rooted in knowing what that kind of script does, which often comes from having played the old DF.
What gamers are used to is weapon bar swapping (GW2, ESO, Warframe, etc)

The current way of doing FA binds with linking of hotbars to specific weaponsbar is a first attempt of creating contextual binds.
It works, but is unfortunately less intuitive to setup than proper contextual binds. We've wanted to revisit it for a long while now, but there has always been things of higher priority.
So that use of FA, is already serviced but will be improved upon.

For cooldown management, we consider the few cases where FA was useful a design issue rather than a UI issue.
That's why healing spells have recently been changed, and why we have the combo mode in game which allows for a progression but not cooldown management.
With that said, we do need a "cooldown bar" to show the player what abilities are on cooldown.

For items, there isn't much argument against all mounts sharing a bind, just like melee abilities already do, or broken weapon being replaced by the closest similar item.
Rather than have the player set it up themselves, we want a "simply works" system of item dictionary that does it for the player without a setup phase.
That too is something that will come but there are higher priorities.

Perhaps we're wrong in our approach, but to us QoL makes things more palatable, but it isn't useful if their isn't enough to eat.
The current setup is serviceable, so we focus our resources on things that aren't.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.