Skip to main content

Poll

Should Ub3r add in a "first available" option in the UI?

• Yes, please implement this option.
    73 (73%)
  • No, please do not implement this option.
    10 (10%)
  • Don't care.
    17 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Topic: Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE" (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE"
So for anyone who isn't sure of what the first available option is - It basically allows you to stack items/spells onto one hotkey bind, like you already can, but it only selects the first available (off cooldown). For example, I can bind most (not all because ub3r restricted the slots to 5) of the in game mounts to one hot key and just click my mount hotkey ONCE for it to spawn. Currently, if the mount I currently have on me is the last one in list, I have to spam the key 5 times. Same goes for potions and food and possibly some spell/skill uses.

Ub3r this simple addition to your UI would make many of us vets happier, why not just do it?

I wont bang on about a fullscreen windowed mode just yet :)

Re: Need to bring this up again "FIRST AVAILABLE"
Reply #1
YES PLEASE

Reply #2
Could the people voting no please explain how ub3r implementing this would be a negative thing?

Reply #3
For mounts potions the like i am for it. But for spells i am not sure.

Reply #4
YES.
since there is no such option still,it proofs this dnd devs understand nothing about game and they even dont play their own game = fail

Reply #5
For mounts potions the like i am for it. But for spells i am not sure.

What aren't you sure about?

Reply #6
rofl you dont need this option for mounts, but you need it for spells for sure!!!!!!

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #7
This felt like a glaring omission when I was setting up my binds.  I don't know why anyone would vote no, it would just be another option.

Reply #8
rofl you dont need this option for mounts, but you need it for spells for sure!!!!!!
You need it especially for Mounts, Food, Potions, etc.

Why?

Because if you have multiple Mounts at the same slot and can't spawn it - too close, bad terrain or other reasons - you have to either press another button to reset the slot counter OR press the button X more times to get to the first slot again. And you just can't "spam" the button until it spawns, because pressing the button too fast will simply skip it to the next.

Same with food. If you press the button too fast, it will not use the food but advance to the next slot.

@Ub3rgames please react! :)

A "First Available" option is definately a mandatory QOL improvment and badly missing from the UI.

Reply #9
Could the people voting no please explain how ub3r implementing this would be a negative thing?

Because keyboards have 84 to 101 keys?

This isn't an Xbox- console game?

Because you can increase the pause time between pressed keys on combo-hotkeys if you insist on putting all the mounts (or whatever) on one key and button smash already in the UI settings.

You failed to list the real reason for wanting 'first available' ~ because you want all the power of Mage with none of the required skill needed by being able to smash a single button and have the client do all the work for you....

Old DF combat was fucking aids, thankfully Ub3games removed this.

Reply #10
learning cooldowns/binds isn't hard, duel for a day even losing every time you'll get them. this is a simple fix to many UI issues not just spamming spells

it would make low end magic use easier for sure, is that really bad? :S

Reply #11

Because keyboards have 84 to 101 keys?

This isn't an Xbox- console game?

Because you can increase the pause time between pressed keys on combo-hotkeys if you insist on putting all the mounts (or whatever) on one key and button smash already in the UI settings.

You failed to list the real reason for wanting 'first available' ~ because you want all the power of Mage with none of the required skill needed by being able to smash a single button and have the client do all the work for you....

Old DF combat was fucking aids, thankfully Ub3games removed this.

Your ignorance is so typical. I don't even play mage... and do you really think any good mage would drag all his spells onto one hotkey and chain cast them like some sort of fucking WoW rotation? Are you actually serious? If I genuinely have to explain to you why that's completely and utterly stupid you have some fundamental Darkfall combat knowledge issues there bud. Unfortunately you are not a lone in your little notions, there's plenty of ignorant people like you on these forums =/

Reply #12
I still think the need for it comes from bad design decisions... Ideally you wouldn't have one spell taking priority over a lesser variation that would still need to use, or duplicates the require hotkeys (mounts).

But until this is adjusted, sure need it. Anything for accessibility.

Reply #13
its not about one spell taking priority over another, it means different things happen on the same key, depending what weapon you have out.

Reply #14

1 button mage omegalul