Skip to main content

Topic: Rise of Agon to charge $ for QOL changes New Dawn has now (Read 701 times) previous topic - next topic

Rise of Agon to charge $ for QOL changes New Dawn has now
I don't ever want to hear another ROA cheerleader again, you chimps just go give BPG your cash lol.

We will be implementing new items to the Nithron Coin Shop in the coming days as part of our continued effort to increase the selection of items and services available.

The following is an overview of the items you can expect:

New harvesting tools
Items have unlimited durability
No drop on death

And while Ub3games patches the game at a glacial Pace at least we get actual changes, ROA patched in a bank counter so you know how close you are to having to buy extra Bank space in the brand new store! Lol

Re: Rise of Agon to charge $ for QOL changes New Dawn has now
Reply #1
Except RoA is taking a much more modern approach than DND here in that making a completely optional cash shop with no P2W value is only a win-win for the playerbase and developers. The players get extra utility, customization, and self-expression should they CHOOSE to partake, while the developers get more funds for the game.

Reply #2
Uh, the RoA playerbase is much happier with BPG than the ND playerbase is with Ub3rgames atm...

RoA has also made A LOT more money by selling things whales in their playerbase want who then trade those things to other players for ingame gold/items

They also sell a decent amount of stuff to regular players who just want to support the games development in exchange for minor non pay to win perks

They've then used that money to actually pay their employees and hire more people who are putting out more content at an accelerated rate WHILE having GM's and Devs hosting events and communicating more with the player base

Ub3rgames could definitely learn something from BPG in regards to marketing IMHO

Reply #3
Uh, the RoA playerbase is much happier with BPG than the ND playerbase is with Ub3rgames atm...

RoA has also made A LOT more money by selling things whales in their playerbase want who then trade those things to other players for ingame gold/items

They also sell a decent amount of stuff to regular players who just want to support the games development in exchange for minor non pay to win perks

They've then used that money to actually pay their employees and hire more people who are putting out more content at an accelerated rate WHILE having GM's and Devs hosting events and communicating more with the player base

Ub3rgames could definitely learn something from BPG in regards to marketing IMHO

I think the launch flop and realization that just 'revitalizing old dfo' wasnt going to fly allowed them to get humble enough to completely reinvent themselves and may have been the best thing that could of happened to them.

I see some of that happening here with Ub3r learning they cant just patch once a month with silence inbetween and expect people to just keep the faith, we are starting to see more frequent patching and better communication so maybe they will end up as a better company too because of the reality checks.

Reply #4
It is scammy to make people pay sub and then have a cash shop. Having said that, ROA is adopting faster with modern business model. DND will die if they keep subscription model. I will take modern B2P or even F2P with server full of people then all righteous sub model with empty world. Hint all new Blizzard project are not sub based for A REASON!
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
RoA devs can take their nithron coins and shove it. Ain't touching that game until they either make it pubg style or 3 month Rust style servers
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Actually i dont find it bad to have a shop for visual items. I would like that here too.

HOWEVER beeing able to buy tools that dont drop on death ARE gameplay related and iam still surprised there was no posts about it on the RoA forum.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

• Valar
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #7
It's almost like they are trying to make a financially viable game.

Reply #8
It is scammy to make people pay sub and then have a cash shop. Having said that, ROA is adopting faster with modern business model. DND will die if they keep subscription model. I will take modern B2P or even F2P with server full of people then all righteous sub model with empty world. Hint all new Blizzard project are not sub based for A REASON!

Ubergame already have a system for trial accounts. Which have things like max skill, not allowed to drive warhulk/ships, no meditation etc etc.

I think they have a F2P model setup, one where a sub gets you "premium". Guess they want to finish their game before launching all that.

Reply #9
Actually i dont find it bad to have a shop for visual items. I would like that here too.

HOWEVER beeing able to buy tools that dont drop on death ARE gameplay related and iam still surprised there was no posts about it on the RoA forum.
have you ever went ''dude i would be so much richer if that guy dropped a shovel'' ?
VERRY gameplay related, deeply impacts combat, full loot mechanics AND completely destroys the economy
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

Can we fix the mental illness signatures?

Reply #10
Convenience is not pay to win when we're talking about 20g tools.

Reply #11

Charging a sub and a cash shop is a scam.

I'm not playing any game that caters to "whales", and anybody who does is a chump.

Tapping known players who are going to play the game anyway as GM's and developers is not "more staff", nobody should want to play a game where the GM's and developers running events are all active players in said game- that s*** never ends well. Never.

Uber games has proven giving non dropped tools to alts is extremely useful, and it is pay to win even more so because they have recall.

He already mentioned they're going to offer an alignment reset for cash. That's definitely pay to win

- and I picked your response out of the others because you had all the dumb thoughts listed in one quote

Reply #12
I'm glad some people prefer new dawn and ubergames.   Keeps them from stinking up RoA with their shitty ideas.

Reply #13

Charging a sub and a cash shop is a scam.

I'm not playing any game that caters to "whales", and anybody who does is a chump.

Tapping known players who are going to play the game anyway as GM's and developers is not "more staff", nobody should want to play a game where the GM's and developers running events are all active players in said game- that s*** never ends well. Never.

Uber games has proven giving non dropped tools to alts is extremely useful, and it is pay to win even more so because they have recall.

He already mentioned they're going to offer an alignment reset for cash. That's definitely pay to win

- and I picked your response out of the others because you had all the dumb thoughts listed in one quote

you know you dont need to buy things to paly the game? you also know other players can sell them to you for gold?

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #14
ROA's model is a very good one.  And yes, they charge a sub, but you can buy in-game Game Time Tokens from other players.  So at least those players who have more time than money can actually PLAY the game.