Skip to main content

Topic: ARAC / many reds clans - what are your plans now? (Read 1963 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ARAC / many reds clans - what are your plans now?
Reply #15
Everyone has alts that are blue or red, so you're unlikely to see any change. You can play both sides of the fence.

Not really, not without significant changes that create a lot more overhead for your main in coordinating your equipment with your blue alt(s).

If you are red  you cannot have your main in a blue clan.  For blue clans that have holdings, this eliminates spawn and banking locations and you thus become particularly dependent on your blue alt(s) instead of being able to live with your main in the same city as all the blue players in your clan, who also can easily equip you through the clan banks. 

Thus, you have to live effectively out of a Chaos City or a house, or you'll constantly have to meet up with your blue alt to get stuff out of blue clan bank, at which you can never respawn. That's a hassle.

If I understand it right, ARAC greys who kill blues, even in self-defense, will go red in short order, making them murderer clans.  (Unless this is somehow being changed?)

1:  oh no i wont be able to bankstare with my friends damn that sucks :((((
2: you really think theyre gonna fix a flaw in the alignement system and make it so you can defend yourself without losing alignement? nope, your fault for accidently turning red when you killed 2 guys who were blue and red and both attacking you but just not clanned, now just let yourself die if a blue jumps you, otherwise youll go red even further

The problem with your bull shit theory is if you kill someone you only go to 4 alignment and are still blue and if you kill 2 you go to -4 which means you can go to the church right then and get 4 back and be blue again. To really go red and not back to blue is only from wanting to be red and all other claims are bs.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Hint: everyone interessted in pvp will end up having red alt clans or just red alt in general to use for PvP build, likely some FOTM build. Some people probably already have a couple to test builds or just for.the fun of it. You want some bang - login to one of the PK alts.

RvR wont ever work like RPers dreamed anyway.
AltFall
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #17
I am okay with being perma grey. It does suck that I'd go red if i killed in self defense, maybe altering that would be cool.

I do think arac clans should be the outcasts or bad guys and they should carry on with their racial warfare front. Basically arac clans are a 6th race that doesn't belong anywhere. I think with the addition of content and a feeling of security within your faction's borders things will change quite a bit.

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
given the fact that literally 90% of the existing clans are ARAC or atleast have a red player in it the only thing that will happen is that this whole race war bullshit thing that has been praised so much on this forum will never happen cos there is no1 of any relevance taking part in it due to these idiotic changes. its gonna be the same old darkfall where everyone bangs everyone just that having access to an npc city requires you to put your alts in an alt clan that isnt allied to your main clan now. they can still live in your clan city np since you can just open the bank to everyone or everyone but enemies which is perfectly fine due to another retarded bullshit concept of ND known as local banking. towers are not an issue either as only carebears build them anyway. so yap nothing is really gonna change. as usual well thought out ub3rclowns.

Reply #19
I cant wait for race wars - its gonna be a shit show
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #20
There will be no race wars till there are still VCPs in current form. They are designed to make people fight against same race. Especially villages close to starting areas are disgusting. New players that read all this shit about DND being race wars oriented go there to be killed by same race players just to see them at the bank in NPC city a minute later.
  • Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:26:23 pm by wildNothing

Reply #21
There will be no race wars till there are still VCPs in current form. They are designed to make people fight against same race. Especially villages close to starting areas are disgusting. New players that read all this shit about DND being race wars oriented go there to be killed by same race players just to see them at the bank in NPC city a minute later.

GET KILLED BY OTHER PLAYERS IN AN OPEN WORLD PVP GAME

WOW

WHAT A RADICAL CONCEPT

Every post you make just gets dumber and dumber, I swear on god.
Flopfall: New Dawn. Please buy 6 accounts.
SACCADE NEOS -- SIMIRAN

Reply #22
@XiaN  90% of the player base is ARAC?  So the 60 blue elves/dwarves/humans at the first Oethrain siege, plus those TD&SnS who DIDNT show to the siege, plus how many blue Horde orcs/wolves, plus all the other blue clans, make up only 10%?  Seems unlikely.

Reply #23
there is no way back for my clan to be alfar racial clan again thanks to dnd siege mechanics pre patch
 :D many reds many changed races. honestly i dont see any reason to be racial clan when we have 3 markets in the center with growing number of items and since population is not what it used to be, being blue = less enemies.
Herzl - GSC

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
@XiaN  90% of the player base is ARAC?  So the 60 blue elves/dwarves/humans at the first Oethrain siege, plus those TD&SnS who DIDNT show to the siege, plus how many blue Horde orcs/wolves, plus all the other blue clans, make up only 10%?  Seems unlikely.

given the fact that literally 90% of the existing clans are ARAC or atleast have a red player in it the only thing that will happen is that this whole race war bullshit thing that has been praised so much on this forum will never happen cos there is no1 of any relevance taking part in it due to these idiotic changes.

this is what i said. note the bolded part. the only racial blue clan that is a serious factor that i can think of is epoch and im not even sure if they are still all blue at this point. all those blue clans you mentioned dont even pvp actively. they will show to defend if they get sieged or go to a village cos they need med points for their holdings and thats it.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
Fucking moron is counting inactive clans that hop on to defend a holding during a siege, lol.

Like I mentioned before, all the current arac pvpers enjoy fighting each other and the coming patch won't bring the blue RPers out of inactivity.

Do you guys really think the people who have left until "race wars and meaningful alignment patch" are lurking in wait to start dropping sieges left and right on all the aracs?

1. The aracs would love nothing better

2. When the blue RPers get rolled at the first siege due to Aracs helping each other, there will be tears on here asking why race wars aren't working.

3. Look at what 20 bangers did against the biggest of the inactive RPers at the last siege. That's not even all of them either.

4. Race wars sounds awesome and I support it but it's a pipe dream unfortunately.
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #26
who are "the aracs"? are they one homogenous group that will travel across the world to help one another in times of trouble? Or a bunch of sad vets looking for easy victories against casuals and "blue RPers"? Or just unfortunate souls that couldnt leave their old darkfall ways  behind?
This needs to be studied.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #27
who are "the aracs"? are they one homogenous group that will travel across the world to help one another in times of trouble? Or a bunch of sad vets looking for easy victories against casuals and "blue RPers"? Or just unfortunate souls that couldnt leave their old darkfall ways  behind?
This needs to be studied.

Charax defending the horde dream of living in an NPC city, with an army of blue RPers going out in force to kill all opposing opposition.

Deluded fucking cunt.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
The guy doesn't understand that the aracs are a seventh race belonging to a 4th allied faction. Even though they fight each other in game and are not officially allied, they'll help each other because they've stuck with the game since launch.

This is a political game trying to have race wars. If you have blue alfars like SKD and Rats working with the horde and Lux to fight against aracs during a siege that's ass backwards because the blue RPers want race wars and to follow the 'rules of the game' whereas the aracs don't have those rules applied to them and they take up a large portaion of the current pvpers.

With every blue who accidentally goes red or sees race wars is a pipe dream, it's another added to the pool of aracs who have their own blue crafters, gatherers and wealth that keeps coming in.

Are they just a bunch of darkfall vets going back to their old habits? Maybe but if you release a game like darkfall with full loot and just hardcore death penalties, you're only promoting the behavior of before.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #29
I'm sorry but after next patch i really don't see a serious way to become red "accidentally".

And even if I do I can avoid PvP for 2 days and pray for alignment, if there's a good carrot for being blue.