Skip to main content

Topic: ARAC / many reds clans - what are your plans now? (Read 2821 times) previous topic - next topic

ARAC / many reds clans - what are your plans now?
Given the announced changes how many clans are going to stay ARAC (which may make you all red in not too long)?

If you don't plan to go ARAC to which race or faction are you planning to try to get all your players to switch?

Re: ARAC / many reds clans - what are your plans now?
Reply #1
Given the announced changes how many clans are going to stay ARAC (which may make you all red in not too long)?

If you don't plan to go ARAC to which race or faction are you planning to try to get all your players to switch?

Many of the clans currently listed as arac will likely end up as their original race which you can see in their rosters having 90%+ of their members in that racial alliance. Nataz went overboard on his list making everyone who was in anyway not perfect in their racial alliance as an arac even if it was just 1 red out of 50 members as if that one person is going to be the deciding factor.

he had a really good list for people to see clan races and then got too drunk or something and messed it all up.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Everyone has alts that are blue or red, so you're unlikely to see any change. You can play both sides of the fence.

Reply #3
The Mycke soulslayer fan club is recruiting all reds

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Everyone has alts that are blue or red, so you're unlikely to see any change. You can play both sides of the fence.

Not really, not without significant changes that create a lot more overhead for your main in coordinating your equipment with your blue alt(s).

If you are red  you cannot have your main in a blue clan.  For blue clans that have holdings, this eliminates spawn and banking locations and you thus become particularly dependent on your blue alt(s) instead of being able to live with your main in the same city as all the blue players in your clan, who also can easily equip you through the clan banks. 

Thus, you have to live effectively out of a Chaos City or a house, or you'll constantly have to meet up with your blue alt to get stuff out of blue clan bank, at which you can never respawn. That's a hassle.

If I understand it right, ARAC greys who kill blues, even in self-defense, will go red in short order, making them murderer clans.  (Unless this is somehow being changed?)

Well firstly, your red alt can completely live out of your mains clan city. If it has towers, you just don't go in tower range, and you trade items just outside the wall. It's ridiculously simple.

You make it sound like some big effort whereby your blue alt has to travel for an hour to trade your red character gear in a bustling environment with enemies running by every 5 minutes.

Even if you ignore all of the above, you'll be seeing most 'blue clans' have red alt clans with a hamlet closeby to the main clan city for banking, if they're not already close to a chaos city/bank.

Respawning is only a hassle if you live on an island continent, but chances are the majority of any 'racial war' shit will be happening around mid map, and there you have more than enough respawn options regardless of where you're living.

No one is trading one gearbag to their alt at a time. I'm red, I live out of a chaos city. What's stopping me from making a blue alt, moving half of my bank to my blue alt and all crafting mats and using that character for 'racial warfare' and the other character for FFA pvp? Nothing, whatsoever. Top up my red main with gear every few weeks, not a hassle at all.

TLDR Yes really.
  • Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:44:31 pm by MNO

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Long story short.

You blue RPers can go back to staying inactive because nothing will change. There's ways to circumvent the road blocks.

RvR and the whole "I quit because clans with reds aren't being punished" excuse can't be used.

Start wracking your brains for the next excuse on why you're not playing.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #6
Which current ARAC clans are going to stay ARAC? Go red? Go to which faction?

Reply #7
Which current ARAC clans are going to stay ARAC? Go red? Go to which faction?
AMD alliance will continue with arac/red. Not gonna force those of us who went red to pray for 28 days in order to stay. Would simplify things if an alignment reset was put in place but ub3r is too afraid it will spoil their already stellar image of keeping promises
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
While it is for sure not perfect that we get ARAC 3 months after release. Every guild knew what was coming.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #9
unless you were on the defending side of a siege meaning you had to go to the siege stones and likely be forced to go red... suck it imo

if the changes were in you'd be red anyway, you still would have gone to the siege, you still would be killing blues for bang, your red players, so stay that way

Reply #10
unless you were on the defending side of a siege meaning you had to go to the siege stones and likely be forced to go red...
Siege area is now lawless since last patch.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
unless you were on the defending side of a siege meaning you had to go to the siege stones and likely be forced to go red... suck it imo

if the changes were in you'd be red anyway, you still would have gone to the siege, you still would be killing blues for bang, your red players, so stay that way

Someone didn't read the patch notes and thus has no idea what they're talking about

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
He also quit before the first siege was ever dropped.

Just another player who fanboys the game while not playing
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Hint: everyone interessted in pvp will end up having red alt clans or just red alt in general to use for PvP build, likely some FOTM build. Some people probably already have a couple to test builds or just for.the fun of it. You want some bang - login to one of the PK alts.

RvR wont ever work like RPers dreamed anyway.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #14

Not really, not without significant changes that create a lot more overhead for your main in coordinating your equipment with your blue alt(s).

If you are red  you cannot have your main in a blue clan.  For blue clans that have holdings, this eliminates spawn and banking locations and you thus become particularly dependent on your blue alt(s) instead of being able to live with your main in the same city as all the blue players in your clan, who also can easily equip you through the clan banks. 

Thus, you have to live effectively out of a Chaos City or a house, or you'll constantly have to meet up with your blue alt to get stuff out of blue clan bank, at which you can never respawn. That's a hassle.

If I understand it right, ARAC greys who kill blues, even in self-defense, will go red in short order, making them murderer clans.  (Unless this is somehow being changed?)

1:  oh no i wont be able to bankstare with my friends damn that sucks :((((
2: you really think theyre gonna fix a flaw in the alignement system and make it so you can defend yourself without losing alignement? nope, your fault for accidently turning red when you killed 2 guys who were blue and red and both attacking you but just not clanned, now just let yourself die if a blue jumps you, otherwise youll go red even further
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state