Skip to main content

Topic: Haven't seen a single new player during last 7 days (Read 1627 times) previous topic - next topic

• sup
  • [*]
Re: Haven't seen a single new player during last 7 days
Reply #30
actually had someone join my clan from Roa the other day i dont see new dawn members on ROA forums spamming stuff about how bad Roa is lol

Because they moderate the forums a lot more than what happens here.  Probably a good idea to do the same, but a little lesser extent as they take it too far over there sometimes imo.

Reply #31
actually had someone join my clan from Roa the other day i dont see new dawn members on ROA forums spamming stuff about how bad Roa is lol

We got a new player from RoA last week as well, so I doubt its any better over there than here.

Reply #32

We got a new player from RoA last week as well, so I doubt its any better over there than here.

You can doubt if you want I'm telling you from someone who plays both games and frequents both forums, it's way better.

Reply #33
You can doubt if you want I'm telling you from someone who plays both games and frequents both forums, it's way better.

Just to quote a few message from that other "booming" with activity game forums:
Why am i stopping playing?
Farm q3 mobs (without pvp because no one goes open world anymore),
, the big problem is the end of spontaneous pvp.
theres nothing to do besides VCPs, but theres like 5 threads talking about that already
Used to be a bit easier when people were out farming more and city raiding was more of a thing.
Theres no player base to everyone get those big groups!
VERY few players play/live out of holdings now and even fewer roam for chaos chests since they were nerfed hard... these contribute to the fact that there is only 1 reliable method to find pvp in the game right now regardless of whether you're solo or in a group.
The pvp situation really is discouraging

Do i really have to go on? All these posts were posted today...
Looks really in a good shape, indeed :D :D
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:47:18 pm by dariobrun

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #34

Just to quote a few message from that other "booming" with activity game forums:
Why am i stopping playing?
Farm q3 mobs (without pvp because no one goes open world anymore),
, the big problem is the end of spontaneous pvp.
theres nothing to do besides VCPs, but theres like 5 threads talking about that already
Used to be a bit easier when people were out farming more and city raiding was more of a thing.
Theres no player base to everyone get those big groups!
VERY few players play/live out of holdings now and even fewer roam for chaos chests since they were nerfed hard... these contribute to the fact that there is only 1 reliable method to find pvp in the game right now regardless of whether you're solo or in a group.
The pvp situation really is discouraging

Do i really have to go on? All these posts were posted today...
Looks really in a good shape, indeed :D :D

Those posts are about how they filtered almost all PVP into villages, not that there are no players playing.  You are posting things from a thread about allowing more options for solo players. (OP quitting because of this) I play both games and want both to succeed.  RoA is on the up-swing right now, but they had some bad times after launch with server lag issues.  Hopefully we can look at both games and find positive and negatives and use what works from both without hurting the different endgame visions of the two.
  • Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:01:14 pm by sup

Reply #35
Those posts are about how they filtered almost all PVP into villages, not that there are no players playing.  You are posting things from a thread about allowing more options for solo players. (OP quitting because of this) I play both games and want both to succeed.  RoA is on the up-swing right now, but they had some bad times after launch with server lag issues.  Hopefully we can look at both games and find positive and negatives and use what works from both without hurting the different endgame visions of the two.
Well all those posts, though, also say that there is no one to be found in the world apart for VCP, aka "the game is dead", to paraphrase the trolls.
I don't mind if RoA succedes, honestly, but i do mind when every 3 posts there is someone claiming that DnD is dead, RoA is much better and there is a thriving population there when here the game is dead.
I don't go on RoA forums to post how bad is their game because i don't like the direction they have taken....and i am starting to get quite annoyed by, on the contrary, having a few users constantly spamming these forums to try to convince people to go play RoA claiming it is in much better shape (the difference, moreover, is that those threads there are not made by DnD players that try to convince people to come and play DnD like we have now).
That's the only reason why i wanted to show that, despite what those people say, there are the exact same threads there about game being dead and, on top of that, the mean user count on their forums is 3 times lower than what we have now and we all know that, while it is not a precise measure of player activity, it is still quite indicative of how many people play a game.

Reply #36
Well all those posts, though, also say that there is no one to be found in the world apart for VCP, aka "the game is dead", to paraphrase the trolls.
I don't mind if RoA succedes, honestly, but i do mind when every 3 posts there is someone claiming that DnD is dead, RoA is much better and there is a thriving population there when here the game is dead.
I don't go on RoA forums to post how bad is their game because i don't like the direction they have taken....and i am starting to get quite annoyed by, on the contrary, having a few users constantly spamming these forums to try to convince people to go play RoA claiming it is in much better shape (the difference, moreover, is that those threads there are not made by DnD players that try to convince people to come and play DnD like we have now).
That's the only reason why i wanted to show that, despite what those people say, there are the exact same threads there about game being dead and, on top of that, the mean user count on their forums is 3 times lower than what we have now and we all know that, while it is not a precise measure of player activity, it is still quite indicative of how many people play a game.

Uber is viewbotting the forums.

Reply #37
I have played both and can confirm that they are both dead, most of you have a heavy bias towards one game simply because you are playing it.

If i had to pick one though, it would definitely be ROA. New dawn is literal dogshit compared.

Reply #38

Look at the amount of actual users and not guests between DND and ROA forums... you'll see they are basically the same. I don't believe DND forum stats are to be trusted, there's no captcha or anything and it is likely that most of the guest accounts are bots artificially padding the numbers. As someone who is playing both casually I see similar activity in both but DND is coming down and ROA seems to be maintaining or gaining. This is all anecdotal and no one really knows outside the companies and their hard stats.

Narrative wise the RoA forums are positive sunshine from posters and DND is negative darkness the last few months. The back and forth fighting really is detrimental to both though.

Reply #39
Look at the amount of actual users and not guests between DND and ROA forums... you'll see they are basically the same. I don't believe DND forum stats are to be trusted, there's no captcha or anything and it is likely that most of the guest accounts are bots artificially padding the numbers.
Actual users are normally in the range of 100-120 for DnD (90ish + 30ish guest) and 40ish on RoA (30ish+ 10ish guest) so, forum activity is surely higher on DnD forums, and by a huge margin.
It is fun to notice that when someone points out a number showing that activity is probably still higher here than there, you all come out with speculative/complottistic theories such as "ub3r botting their forum" or stuff like that just because a number seems to prove the opposite of what you claim.

As someone who is playing both casually I see similar activity in both but DND is coming down and ROA seems to be maintaining or gaining. This is all anecdotal and no one really knows outside the companies and their hard stats.
Having said that, i am not saying that the population here is triving or anything like that...i am just saying that i highly doubt that there is more player there than here....and the only number to base our guess on, it being forum activity, is in favor of this

Narrative wise the RoA forums are positive sunshine from posters and DND is negative darkness the last few months. The back and forth fighting really is detrimental to both though.
That's probably because DnD players don't spend their time storming their forum saying their game is shit? Most of the negativity here is due to a handful of users that keep spamming the forum with the same complaints over and over

• Otoan
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #40
During last 7 days I didn't see any new player. I do a lot of traveling during prime time.  :-\
well that's not that strange actually....basically no one apart from old df player know that this game even exists: there is no advertisement, no media coverage, nothing at all to promote the game (i guess they are waiting for when they feel it is more polished/complete) so, unless someone tells you it exists, you won't know it

People know. Trust me. People know. The ones that don't know aren't the type to play this game.
Next time you post @Otoan try and actually know what your talking about or at least try and pretend

Reply #41
During last 7 days I didn't see any new player. I do a lot of traveling during prime time.  :-\
well that's not that strange actually....basically no one apart from old df player know that this game even exists: there is no advertisement, no media coverage, nothing at all to promote the game (i guess they are waiting for when they feel it is more polished/complete) so, unless someone tells you it exists, you won't know it

People know. Trust me. People know. The ones that don't know aren't the type to play this game.

Yup. Look at ROA for instance, i have seen their facebook ads many many times. Im sure they spent a lot on advertising and its still dead. I haven't seen any in the past few months so i guess they gave up on it for now ?

Reply #42
Lol in that thread the guy is complaining he can't do villages because he keeps running into zergs you cunt.

Meaning too many people.

Yeah there's no one roaming for pvp because why would you every half hour you can port to a village and get bang.

Only Nd fanbois like to run for hours to get a fight.

The new TCS they are adding will promote a lot more open world pvp.

Reply #43
<raises hand>

New player, here! I played for a couple of months at the original launch, but the grind put me off. I really love the look and feel of the world. I know the game's more about PVP, but I love the PVE - there's something exciting about being shot by an arrow from an NPC that you can't see and who dodges like a player when you finally find him.

I've been looking at the clan recruitment forum, but thought I better give it a few more days to see how I get on with the font scaling issue I've been experiencing (post in 'bugs' forum) before I try joining anything. Fingers crossed!
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #44
<raises hand>

New player, here! I played for a couple of months at the original launch, but the grind put me off. I really love the look and feel of the world. I know the game's more about PVP, but I love the PVE - there's something exciting about being shot by an arrow from an NPC that you can't see and who dodges like a player when you finally find him.

I've been looking at the clan recruitment forum, but thought I better give it a few more days to see how I get on with the font scaling issue I've been experiencing (post in 'bugs' forum) before I try joining anything. Fingers crossed!

Its a resolution issue, try changing you in game resolution down then up again. Also dont change resolution and "fullscreen" on or off at the same time it doesnt like that.

I had the same problem, annoyed the hell out of me because everything needed a magnifying glass.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.