Skip to main content

Topic: Haven't seen a single new player during last 7 days (Read 1462 times) previous topic - next topic

Haven't seen a single new player during last 7 days
During last 7 days I didn't see any new player. I do a lot of traveling during prime time.  :-\
Reality Check - Rise of Agon : Community designed, Tedium free, Elite approved  but struggled to field 25 players for first grand anniversary event...now asking for donations.  Global banking,  Instant travel is not helping lol

Re: Haven't seen a single new player during last 7 days
Reply #1
Same in wolf lands. NA nights

Reply #2
Why would anyone other than a DF vet want to play ?

Shit 2009 graphics, shit UI, terrible new player experience.

Even if they overcame these things, they then have to put up with one of the most tedious games made.

Reply #3
Even though the game is still free for whatever reason, I can't find a reason to log in. My titles have probably leveled up by now, but I also took spellchanting which is still not finished so I can't even enjoy the titles I do have. Without logging in 3-4 accounts at a time I don't see the point in solo grinding, something I actually enjoy for an hour or two every once in a while to just chill out.

I remember before launch reading about "Warzones" and a "Racial War" that I was hoping would give me a more casual "hunting ground" or even having a tangible effect on the world through out-of-combat (building towers to expand my race's reach with stone/wood for instance)

The game isn't anywhere close to the original "vision". I'm playing archeage fresh start now and hating myself for it.

Reply #4
During last 7 days I didn't see any new player. I do a lot of traveling during prime time.  :-\
well that's not that strange actually....basically no one apart from old df player know that this game even exists: there is no advertisement, no media coverage, nothing at all to promote the game (i guess they are waiting for when they feel it is more polished/complete) so, unless someone tells you it exists, you won't know it

Reply #5
Towers and racial borders wars is what  waiting for but this really shpuld have been at launch!
All we got for somewhat not really meaningful pvp are villages which are om 25hr timers

Wtf cant even find one village going live around my area for past week its really retarded
We need alot more daily pvp content
And more pve incentives to go to other areas

@ub3rgames when are you going to just come put and say the game is still under developement early acces relaunch without a wipe

Slow as a snail thought I was playing a game with an actual development team

People so lazy on roa they should add auto walk to place as well and auto click haha

Roa has picked up there speed but there combat and instant everything is terrrriblleeeee
  • Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:55:47 pm by amejis85

Reply #6

@ub3rgames when are you going to just come put and say the game is still under developement early acces relaunch without a wipe

Probably some time after they admit it to themselves, but they usually lag a couple months behind what the players already know, its just a reflection of their inherent slowness both in development and in accepting reality over an ideal.

Almost 3 months in and races are still meaningless, some titles are still useless and their character creation mentions racial abilities that arent even on their short term to do list.

The last two are only minor issues, but they have practically crushed their game by launching without the racial/alignment mechanics, wasting all their effort to identify lacking racial mechanics as a primary flaw of the original only to just let the same thing happen here anyway.

Then on top of it they came to the boneheaded conclusion that spending an hour a week updating the community is some useless waste of time, as if people would even notice or care a patch coming an hour earlier instead of a weekly 'we are alive and this is what we are doing this week' keep the faith post.

Sometimes smart people can be really dumb...

Reply #7
Then on top of it they came to the boneheaded conclusion that spending an hour a week updating the community is some useless waste of time, as if people would even notice or care a patch coming an hour earlier instead of a weekly 'we are alive and this is what we are doing this week' keep the faith post.
This is definitely something i feel they should drastically improve, indeed.
I don't mean they should spend a ton of time on the forums to reply to every thread or things like that, but just giving more updates on what they are working on and how things are moving would help a lot to bring some much needed optimism/positivity on the forums which, sadly due to the tireless trolls, are potentially driving away most of the, already few, players that could come to try the game

Reply #8
I saw a newbie yesterday. Crisis: averted!

Reply #9
Plenty of players hungry to play. The game still has a chance, it's all up to ub3r at this point. I want you guys to do so well, you open up a North American Server.

Reply #10
Plenty of players hungry to play. The game still has a chance, it's all up to ub3r at this point. I want you guys to do so well, you open up a North American Server.

Pretty sure they would need to buy the NA darkfall rights of ROA for that, and its more likely to be the other way around.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #11
The current game probably would have like 0.1% player retention over one month anyway.

If it had any form of advertisement.

And had the most important bits of the roadmap completed.

As a start.

Reply #12
It had some advertisement, I'm not sure how much, but there was some. I saw it being announced on some gaming sites, general audience complains were the graphics being outdated and the game being pay to play.

Reply #13
It had some advertisement, I'm not sure how much, but there was some. I saw it being announced on some gaming sites, general audience complains were the graphics being outdated and the game being pay to play.

Yea these are the main two things, there is a guy on here called Kail who made loads of posts on other forums trying to spread the word when the game released in Jan. I tried to help him out on the mmochamp boards as I've been a member on there for a long time and most of the replies were "bad outdated graphics" and "not interested in sub model"

Reply #14
IMO the game should not be advertised until Watchtowers and Racial Warfronts are in, as well as a NPE that, among other things, doesn't have a myriad of factually incorrect and misleading spell and quest descriptions.