Skip to main content

Topic: rework seize (Read 1224 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: rework seize
Reply #15
if you have any awareness you should know when its used or not or when it will be off CD again.
You are just being silly now.

Reply #16
Mage's ask to nerve seize then a  warrior wants a nerve on magic etc etc etc etc.......
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #17
mages have begone/blind/knockup/knockback, melees have seize

without seize only GS would be viable

maybe git gud instead

Reply #18
Mage's ask to nerve seize then a  warrior wants a nerve on magic etc etc etc etc.......
Nope. I support begone nerf. And come hither nerf. As a mage.
So don't judge others by your standards.
Some of us simply want game/combat to be better.

mages have begone/blind/knockup/knockback, melees have seize

without seize only GS would be viable

maybe git gud instead
What do you mean "without seize"? No one is asking for seize removal. Maybe git gud at reading?
  • Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:17:39 pm by wildNothing

Reply #19
i agree it does abit to much dmg but, tbh if you skill one hand to 40 you get knock back,  if get siezed use one hand knckback + begone = 50dmg+ combined in kockback dmg and fall dmg there are meny options. #becreative, i use the terrain alot to have high ground out of seize range, easy game easy life. O:)

Reply #20
i agree it does abit to much dmg but, tbh if you skill one hand to 40 you get knock back,  if get siezed use one hand knckback + begone = 50dmg+ combined in kockback dmg and fall dmg there are meny options. #becreative, i use the terrain alot to have high ground out of seize range, easy game easy life. O:)
I don't know why but knock back does not always work.

Reply #21
I don't know why but knock back does not always work.
yeah i've noticed this to, i think it fails when the enemie's hitbox colide with you're hitbox, i try to time it so i get the hit before that happens, but would be nice if they made it work everytime if it actuallyhits the enemie...

Reply #22
DND combat has become pure shit.

No decent tracking of opponents - it's not needed any more, because seize. You just click, click click and spam white hit, seize, whirlwind, repeat. Even if opponents constantly are able to get out of melee range it does not matter. You do enough damage with seize and whirlwind and occasional lucky white hit.

Mages completely defenseless in dungeons (or any other tight space), as they can't even exchange melee blows. Titles and armor traits make such exchange with a guy titled in melee and wearing leather armor completely pointless. Melee exchange should put mage in a disadvantage, but what we have now is just ridiculous. It's not only damage difference but also speed. Which makes DPS output gap insane. Ub2r as always overdid it.

@Ub3rgames get your shit together, how hard it is to lower to minimal damage on seize? It's utility skill, ffs. You said it yourself few times in the past - it's utility vs damage. Stop this hypocrisy.

Also leave damage difference but remove speed modifier from armor traits (all armor traits - mage and leather). Or leave speed modifier but remove artificial damage buff and let armor protections do the rest. What you did is too much (and it's still getting magnified even further by titles).
  • Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:28:54 am by wildNothing

Reply #23
bump

Reply #24
If they make it 360° pull then its ok to reduce damage. It is litteraly the only accessible crowd control for Melee with heavy stam drain that you can also miss and you whine so hard...

Reply #25
Seize got too long range, it shouldn't be longer than your normal weapon reach. The OP states why. I play mainly warrior myself. and this is not a warrior vs mage playstyle thing...

Would this make seize kind of redundant? Yeah sort of, maybe? Use it to get someone even closer though, especially if it retains dmg.

It's not fun gameplay to get CC'd into melee. rather have that gameplay where if you're the right distance away you can heal up, straight line run until the opponent switches to range/magic

Reply #26
Also leave damage difference but remove speed modifier from armor traits (all armor traits - mage and leather). Or leave speed modifier but remove artificial damage buff and let armor protections do the rest. What you did is too much (and it's still getting magnified even further by titles).

this +1 .. all these buffs on gear..

Reply #27
If they make it 360° pull then its ok to reduce damage. It is litteraly the only accessible crowd control for Melee with heavy stam drain that you can also miss and you whine so hard...
Seize is an instant cast utility with damage (3 in 1). Come hither spell was only utility and damage (not instant cast) and still damage got removed. Which was a very good move.

Same should happen for seize. This way it would be a tool for melee guy but if all he is able to do is seize and whirlwind and then can't stay in melee range and track the opponent he should not be able to overwhelm opponents with damage while only using utilities. This is bad design.

If you want to leave this combination in game (damage and utility in one skill) at least allow people to react to the danger. Make it have casting time for example. And separate sound effect. Or remove damage but let it be instant. 3 in 1 (utility, damage, instant cast) is too much.
  • Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:13:06 am by wildNothing

Reply #28
What about WOF @wildNothing ? Damage and utility is on almost every spell, remove one or the other? shall i make the list. R50 floating, knock-up + damage without even shared cooldown. Curtain Clowns

Reply #29
What about WOF @wildNothing ? Damage and utility is on almost every spell, remove one or the other? shall i make the list. R50 floating, knock-up + damage without even shared cooldown. Curtain Clowns
Very good examples. All of these spells are not instant cast. As I said, if seize is to remain damage and utility than add casting time to it. Spell that could have  been like seize (damage + instant cast ray + utility) has casting time (pungent mist).

As you see my point stands (even more now with help of your examples), BTW, I'm no curtain clown, I use seize myself.
  • Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:59:40 am by wildNothing