Skip to main content

Topic: rework seize (Read 804 times) previous topic - next topic

rework seize
Seize is cancer. OP skill (full damage with strong utility) that removed distance awareness game from combat. And skill from melee.

Back in the day tracking of opponent and movement prediction were qualities that made players good or bad at melee. Now it does not even matter any more.

Also all the distance awareness meta and all the tricks related to it are gone. ub3rgames felt mages are OP so they overdid it as always. Melee/archery is very strong now. Seize is no longer needed in current OP form.

• Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:41:01 pm by wildNothing

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: rework seize
Reply #1
Try to hit the arrows ontop, makes you win more.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #2
AOE spells are cancer just target ground hit players so easily, sieze you have to actually time and aim.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Jungle Kingdom Recruiter:
We recruit new players, casuals and actives, relaxed clan
atmosphere discord perferred but not required.

Reply #3
AOE spells are cancer just target ground hit players so easily, sieze you have to actually time and aim.

meele attacks have an arch, they are AOE and have no drop off. magic aoe has drop off so i need dircet hits.

stop being a fucking retard, sieze is gay, and rewards u for being out of meele.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #4
sieze is gay, and rewards u for being out of meele.
yeah, this is the part that made malee not as skillful as it was before. Back in the day tracking of opponent and movement prediction were qualities that made players good or a bad at melee. Now it does not even matter any more.

Also all the distance awareness meta and all the tricks related to it are gone. ub3rgames felt mages are OP so they overdid it as always. Melee/archery is very strong now. Seize is no longer needed in current OP form.
  • Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:42:15 pm by wildNothing

Reply #5
One simple way to do it is to make Sieze do less damage. It already costs a lot of stamina.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Didnt a mage win the tournament?
Clearly game still needs nerfing of magic to help with balance.

Or maybe you look at top 3-5, there was about a 50/50 physical/mage there.
Game is balanced, move on.

To be serious, there's a reason i stopped trying to adjust the goals being aimed for and just swapped to physical playstyle...

Reply #7

To be serious, there's a reason i stopped trying to adjust the goals being aimed for and just swapped to physical playstyle...
It's not about nerfing one of playstyles. It's about making DND combat fun again. And skill based.

I mentioned that physical playstyle is stronger now than it was just to make people realize that seize is not needed in current form any more.
  • Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:20:31 pm by wildNothing

Reply #8

It's not about nerfing one of playstyles. It's about making DND combat fun again. And skill based.

I mentioned that physical playstyle is stronger now than it was just to make people realize that seize is not needed in current for any more.

If you're talking about removing seize then might as well remove begone.

I think seize is fine but it should do very little damage. ATM i think it does more than a normal hit?

Reply #9

I mentioned that physical playstyle is stronger now than it was just to make people realize that seize is not needed in current for any more.

If you're talking about removing seize then might as well remove begone.

I think seize is fine but it should do very little damage. ATM i think it does more than a normal hit?
I'm fine with seize becoming utility skill with minimal damage. Maybe with cast time/sound effect? I'm not sure what, but something must be done. Darkfall combat is suffering because of current seize implementation.
  • Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:22:01 pm by wildNothing

Reply #10
sieze is op but if its gunna be reworked/removed it needs to have some sort of balanced replacement (just my opinion)

Reply #11
you better change broken disable,morons

Reply #12
I agree @wildNothing. I think if they remove the full damage from Seize and make it more an utility skill rather than a "free hit", it should be fine.

Reply #13
I agree @wildNothing. I think if they remove the full damage from Seize and make it more an utility skill rather than a "free hit", it should be fine.
yeah, this for sure.
But maybe seize needs also short casting time with a sound. To make it a proper skill. That people can react to or at least be aware of what is going on.
  • Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:50:30 am by wildNothing

Reply #14
If you know how to move seize isnt a free hit skill and if you have any awareness you should know when its used or not or when it will be off CD again.