Skip to main content

Topic: Invalid Username or Password Error (Read 732 times) previous topic - next topic

Invalid Username or Password Error
Ello,

I can log into the forums and the new version of the site with my username, however, it won't allow me to log into the game client. I get the error "Invalid username or password #3" each time when using the same credentials as my website account.

Any help is appreciated - cheers to a good launch !

Edit: I've also tried changing password. Still can't get into the client.

Re: Invalid Username or Password Error
Reply #1
We don't see you in the linked account list. We'll have to investigate it further, could be a bug.
In the meantime, try to create an account with a different email
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #2
Have the same problem. After passwordchange i could finally log into forums but cant log into game to dl... Made another acc with diffrent e-mail but nothing works.

Reply #3
Same problem here. can´t get into launcher

Reply #4
Same here, I can open launcher but I cant log in from there.

Reply #5
Same problem, not able to log in with forum account, or with the website login (tried to make second account but it didnt help)
e: made third website account and still no success...
  • Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:00:08 am by Wuuz

Reply #6
I created a new account with different e-mail and it worked.

Reply #7
same problem... tryed to reset password 5times but still says fail

Reply #8
The issue we are having currently is that the reset passwords disagree with each other in their way of functioning ,which leads to incoherent accounts.  We are working on it.

Creating a new account with unused email address and username should work out to play today, then go back to your "real" account afterwards once we fix the issue.
But know that our goal is to have them fixed for a smooth week end, so you won't lose too much progress.

If you have a "time out" error on the lobby, you just need to restart it and retry a few times.
The old lobby is a bit finicky, we need to improve it.

Reply #9
The issue we are having currently is that the reset passwords disagree with each other in their way of functioning ,which leads to incoherent accounts.  We are working on it.

Creating a new account with unused email address and username should work out to play today, then go back to your "real" account afterwards once we fix the issue.
But know that our goal is to have them fixed for a smooth week end, so you won't lose too much progress.

If you have a "time out" error on the lobby, you just need to restart it and retry a few times.
Good to know. Wasn't able to log with this account but was able to on a default. Only spent 2 hours messing around so no biggie on the skill lost.

Reply #10

I can play with a fake acc, but stopped. I want to play with my real e-mail and still cant... When we can expect the fix?

Reply #11
I'm having this issue, did there end up being a fix?

Reply #12
This is fixed now. You should be able to reset your passwords on the main website, and it will propagate to both the forums and in game database.
Some times the ingame database times out, so if it doesn't work on the first try, you may want to repeat the process.

Reply #13
Moved to bugs and issues.