Skip to main content

Topic: Live update patch 1.2 notes (Read 4971 times) previous topic - next topic

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Live update patch 1.2 notes
Reply #30
2 Weeks since last patch, 4 weeks since this was mentioned, they actually only have 1 dev working for them.

Meanwhile Blue blocking is still a thing, aracs running wild is still a thing nice ub3r you really know whats important.

You guys better not turn subs on or you just might have 10 players left.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #31
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:11:41 pm by Battle Smurf

Reply #32
2 Weeks since last patch, 4 weeks since this was mentioned, they actually only have 1 dev working for them.
I feel lied too,

Also if it's more then 1 dev they must be on shift pattern of 1 hours day work each or something because the work rate vs time taken is literally atrocious for even the worse business in the world it's simply tragic
dodgy bastard

Reply #33
@Ub3rgames please patch in funhulks next. They are just as needed as this patch. Thanks

Reply #34
@Ub3rgames please patch in funhulks next. They are just as needed as this patch. Thanks
Funny cause it's true.
dodgy bastard

Reply #35
@wildNothing
ARAC consequences will come first, but we're warning that they will not be enough by themselves.
Our point is that perma-rogue can be bypassed by not joining a clan. The consequences will only truly work when there will be advantages to joining and remaining in a blue clan as a blue player.
In short: The carrot and the stick work in conjunction. In this case, people over emphasize the effectiveness of the stick alone.

It doesn't mean the stick isn't important, but we have to explain the concept as a whole.

@SupremeBeing @Meth @Pallist Horror
As it was said in the previous response, this is the work of a single dev that was completed in a vacuum and was released on its own.
Things are worked in parallel. This patch did not slow down ARAC, siege or magic changes.

This is a positive change that the player base is receiving now rather than later.
Should we have done the opposite? Delaying these changes because of siege/magic changes?

Marketplaces are a core feature impacting the day to day lives of a majority of players.
Any changes done to the Marketplaces are essentially aimed at casuals and/or part of the NPE.
They are costly and complex, but are an absolute priority, even if you personally do not feel the need.

Remember that whenever we patch something you care about, someone else is not receiving what is important to them.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
@Ub3rgames
Care to explain why racial staves are WAY cheaper than r60s? I mean I understand them being cheap with that logic, okay, but why make r60s require q4 hearts and rare ingot Then?

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
@wildNothing
ARAC consequences will come first, but we're warning that they will not be enough by themselves.
Our point is that perma-rogue can be bypassed by not joining a clan. The consequences will only truly work when there will be advantages to joining and remaining in a blue clan as a blue player.
In short: The carrot and the stick work in conjunction. In this case, people over emphasize the effectiveness of the stick alone.

It doesn't mean the stick isn't important, but we have to explain the concept as a whole.

@SupremeBeing @Meth @Pallist Horror
As it was said in the previous response, this is the work of a single dev that was completed in a vacuum and was released on its own.
Things are worked in parallel. This patch did not slow down ARAC, siege or magic changes.

This is a positive change that the player base is receiving now rather than later.
Should we have done the opposite? Delaying these changes because of siege/magic changes?

Marketplaces are a core feature impacting the day to day lives of a majority of players.
Any changes done to the Marketplaces are essentially aimed at casuals and/or part of the NPE.
They are costly and complex, but are an absolute priority, even if you personally do not feel the need.

Remember that whenever we patch something you care about, someone else is not receiving what is important to them.
mate markets dont effect my game time at all they became useless after the first week yes you should of delayed them for better content.
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

Reply #38
I just use markets to buy mounts when I die and can't spawn anywhere close to where I died. Oh, are you reverting the meditation rewards on villages yet? I am almost out. I need to cap 5 villages a day to get 1 night of meditation, gg.

What about the magic changes and fixes? When will that happen? I mean some sort of info every now and then wouldn't hurt, I think.
Mr. Wam Wam

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
I just use markets to buy mounts when I die and can't spawn anywhere close to where I died. Oh, are you reverting the meditation rewards on villages yet? I am almost out. I need to cap 5 villages a day to get 1 night of meditation, gg.

What about the magic changes and fixes? When will that happen? I mean some sort of info every now and then wouldn't hurt, I think.
Exactly when I get fucked over from the retarded spawn system i buy an overpriced mount and never use the market for anything else.

Reply #40
I'm glad you are so concerned about them not being enough. Is this the reason you have not implemented them at all? Not for launch, not yet (we are months into the "live" game)?

BS. Simply same as ARAC clan makes you perma gray, ARAC party should make you perma gray too. Obviously allow people to disable invites from enemy races/reds. If you think your sorry racial buffs will mean anything to a griefer you were never one.
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:02:08 pm by wildNothing

Reply #41
Ub3r, it's great you patch anything. All progression is good. But in inactivity is creating more inactivity. It's a chain reaction.
I don't have the answer, but something that keeps people logging in would be good.

Also, 25 hour timers were really really stupid. Can't find reliable pvp or nemesis anymore. Now they just log off until villages roll back to their time zone.

@Ub3rgames  again. 25 hour times are really really stupid. The Nerf didn't effect activity. The really really stupid 25 hour timers did

Reply #42

@lambdaExpression
This is not ignored. To explain:
There is currently an issue with mages feeling too weak, while they were considered superior at the end of InDev.
We suspect that the issue is partly economic and partly barrier of entry (grind wise but also player skill wise)

Part of it is the over adjustment in the prices of robes/bones armor, and the low impact of low end staves.
Having the racial staves become bread and butter is meant to help out that part of the population create a potent gear bag.

@Ub3rgames do I understand correctly, you're saying that "current low cost of racial staves is OK because mage armor is too high, so it balances out for now"?

If so, that's a really bad answer because sure, it means that to get a TIP TOP bag (good staff and good armor), the cost is the same.  But in reality what WILL happen, what IS happening, is that Mages can get a PRETTY DARNED GOOD bag for absolutely peanuts (extravagant robe + racial staff).  And that there's no real incentive for a mage to farm for a better bag because the incremental cost/benefit is just too small.  He's already GOT a very good bag for almost zero effort... so why put in the effort?

Hopefully this isn't ROA where the ONLY thing to balance is whether "combat is balanced", but for me the much more important incentive to KEEP me playing the game is that "I feel that what I'm farming in PVE is relevant". 

Seriously, just add to each racial R80 staff the requirement of two rare ore ingots, as a placeholder.  You can put a better system in later. 

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43

7 Minutes before you posted he answered your question
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #44
Ub3r, it's great you patch anything. All progression is good. But in inactivity is creating more inactivity. It's a chain reaction.
I don't have the answer, but something that keeps people logging in would be good.

Also, 25 hour timers were really really stupid. Can't find reliable pvp or nemesis anymore. Now they just log off until villages roll back to their time zone.

@Ub3rgames  again. 25 hour times are really really stupid. The Nerf didn't effect activity. The really really stupid 25 hour timers did

Everyone has been screaming at Ub3rgames to make villages go vulnerable every 8 hours for months now and with the latest nerf to their rewards it would be a perfect time to increase the frequency and leave the rewards as is

This does multiple things

1. More PvP objectives
2. More rewards than current BUT spread around to more people and different time zones

The problem was a minority of people were getting way too much too easily due to lack of competition and alts

If the total daily output was the same as launch BUT you had to cap the village 3 times a day to get it there wouldn't of been nearly as much of a problem