Skip to main content

Topic: Legacy UO, and why I am playing it.  (Read 342 times) previous topic - next topic

Legacy UO, and why I am playing it.
Around last November, a new UO private shard launched called Legacy UO.
I just started playing on this server about a week ago, and I decided I will stay.

The systems are carried over from the work done on Angel Island, a private shard that was up for 13 years where they did a lot of amazing work. I played on Angel Island for years, and it was the honest to god best UO experience I have ever had.

While Angel Island took place in Britannia, Legacy UO has decided to go with the Malas map to concentrate the population.
I have never played on Malas before, so I am excited to explore a new world.

Just look at these Features:
http://legacy-uo.com/wp/about/features/

Here's the basics:
FEL ruleset.
Publish 15 Combat.
Force/Power/Vanq style itemization.
NO MOUNTS- this makes the world feel bigger, and the combat better imo.
No Neon / Stupid shit.
TONS of new custom content, including nox archery, new housing, bounty hunting, basilisks, etc.
The ANGEL ISLAND PRISON system that puts PK's in a prison where they must server time or break out.
Fight Brokers- a match making system.
TOWNSHIPS- where you control territory and build towns in the world.

Seriously, if you like UO, dig into this feature list and read the sub-articles.
It's fucking insanely good.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Legacy UO, and why I am playing it.
Reply #1
Sounds cool. have fun man

I was helping out balance pvp in Legends of Ultima which is a free server running on the Legends of Aria engine back in November until New Dawn launched. You should peep out legends of ultima if you want to play something a bit more updated. Same ruelset you describe with the whole vanq weapons and shit
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #2
Sounds cool. have fun man

I was helping out balance pvp in Legends of Ultima which is a free server running on the Legends of Aria engine back in November until New Dawn launched. You should peep out legends of ultima if you want to play something a bit more updated. Same ruelset you describe with the whole vanq weapons and shit

Maybe someday, but I am loving the Angel Island systems on Legacy UO.
Having no mounts in the game is really the capstone for me in improving the world size and combat pace.
People aren't zipping on and off screen, and having a ping variance isn't a huge discrepancy.

Also, it passively buffs the effectiveness of hiding/stealth.
The pvp is already prime here, it's pub15 and some carefully implemented additions.

And there's just been so many custom systems added over the 13 year lifespan of angel island, it's too much for me to sit here and list.

Shit, they even let you go onto a test server, and make your own custom static house (like the old style houses).
If it's tasteful, it get's approved, and you are the only person who can buy that deed and duplicates of that deed. 
You can't get this kind of personalized world building anywhere else.

Reply #3
This legends of aria ?

Reply #4
rofl how can they play this shitty ultima 2,if there is amazing roa df pvp.
2003 game still looks beter.Even LIF is very shit.Why they playing LIF? Its total ugly shit. Did they even heard about df?
They think LIF graphic is new and good,but if you look better you will see its ugly and shitty,and df is better.Nobody can repeat amazing df shadows.DF shadows is the best shadows of all times.
Ultra uber settings + 1st shader = the best darkfall graphics even in 2018.
All their new games with "new" graphics is shit and half of graphics is not real and just glow effects.DF THE BEST,90% OF PLAYERS IS PLAYING WRONG GAMES,WAKE UP MORONS.
Stupid players trying ugly ultima 2 now.... but df is like ultima 10 .  Wtf,they playing wrong games.
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:21:13 pm by 4ifirnul

Reply #5
oh sorry u talking about ultima 1.
But ultima 1 was good for 8-bit times.
No one in his sane mind will ever play ultima 1 when you have df.
  • Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:24:59 pm by 4ifirnul

Reply #6
This legends of aria ?

no, this is a uo private shard.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
oh sorry u talking about ultima 1.
But ultima 1 was good for 8-bit times.
No one in his sane mind will ever play ultima 1 when you have df.

Every post you make it clueless.

More people play UO than DF.

Reply #8
BACK TO FELUCCA!!!!

So much has changed since opening day! The most recent big change was the migration to Felucca. Thats right Legacy UO has left Malas and returned to the mother land. As we return to bank sitting at Britain and slaying dragons in Destard, we also kept some of the unique features of Malas but moved them to Felucca.
Another big Change, was the addition of Hunter Contracts. These creature killing quests can lead to some pretty awesome treasure.
Crafters recjoice in the return of Bulk Order Deeds! Oh no he didn't! You're damn right we did. BODs are now available for Blacksmithing and Tailoring, along with the cool reward system that goes along with it.

We added a few new Quests including the Elwood McCarin Collector quest!

Moonstones now work to exit dungeons. Gone are the days of crawling the to bottom of a dungeon with your pets and having to crawl back out. Simply plant your moonstone into the ground and back to the surface you go.
So much more to come!