Skip to main content

Topic: Sold items need to immediately go into global account. Why don’t they? (Read 461 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Sold items need to immediately go into global account. Why don’t they?
Never sold anything in the market but I was just told by someone who sells things on the market that you have to go back and collect your gold?!?!

If you guys really envisioned people liquidating their banks in one area at the local market in order to relocate and repurchase items in a completely different area, why in the world would you force that person to go all the way back to the area they just left to collect their gold?

It's no wonder why people get stale with this game; they're always bound to at least one other place unless they use an alt to put the items for sale and use the major rank to send the gold back to the main requiring the alt to eventually have to travel to meet back up with the main.

If you wanted to promote the use of marketplaces, a simple implementation of "direct deposit" would go such a long way because a player wouldn't have to work up an entirely new stack of global gold while they wait for their items to sell. They could just go to their new area and feel like they're progressing in their new home as they farm nearby mobs and mats while watching their global gold rise due to items being sold in their old area.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Re: Sold items need to immediately go into global account. Why don’t they?
Reply #1
They are adding this in next patch.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
That's good to hear. It's unfortunate we couldn't really test the marketplace fully during indev since we had no more economy by that time. I just assumed when ub3r kept hammering the purpose for marketplaces to encourage liquidating items for gold, they would've removed the tedium in feeling bound to your original market after relocating. I'd say that might of been a shared fault on both testers and devs but a simple solution would've been to run a 6 month beta January 26th with another wipe before doing an actual launch later in the year
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #3
Unfortunatly with extra tax added onto it. Profit margins are already really slim. 10% sales tax and then prolly another 10% for withdrawal. Fucking criminal
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #4
Then go withdraw it physically if you don't wanna pay convenience tax

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #5
you dont get the vision, if you want to sell your bank, you need to put it on market, log out for a week and meditate while waiting for sales, wich means you have to go out and do a few uncontested villages for that med, it makes the game feel alive
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #6
Then go withdraw it physically if you don't wanna pay convenience tax
10% tax to begin with is already harsh. Another 10% on top of that. Lol forget it.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #7
Stupid.

Having stuff taxed twice will just keep goods off the markeds. People who live in large clans won't have problems, since they can just trade directly between members, but solo players or small scale clans will have big problems. Either remove the market tax, or have the gold drop directly into your global bank account, WITHOUT taxing it again.

I thought markets were supposed to promote trade, not discourage it.
  • Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:07:57 am by Janitch

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Stupid.

Having stuff taxed twice will just keep goods off the markeds. People who live in large clans won't have problems, since they can just trade directly between members, but solo players or small scale clans will have big problems. Either remove the market tax, or have the gold drop directly into your global bank account, WITHOUT taxing it again.

I thought markets were supposed to promote trade, not discourage it.
Exactly man. These guys think 10% is a drop in a bucket for "convenience" sake yet it's driven away casual and solo players that used to live around the NPC cities all the while rich clans with alts like us have been making money EZPZ.

Reply #9
Game has so many flaws and this is the battle you choose.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10

Right, because this is the only complaint I've ever made since being on these forums

Reply #11

this games main big thing right now is it has local banking and markets for an interesting and nice economy, nothing really different from dfo appart from that
i dont think its really a bad complaint to talk about it and ask for small QOL when the markets could just be made alot better tbh
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
- Sellers can remotely withdraw the gold of successful sales to their global gold account. The 10% global account fee is applied as usual, on top of the 5% sale fee.

its 15% not 20%. Just saying.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #13
- Sellers can remotely withdraw the gold of successful sales to their global gold account. The 10% global account fee is applied as usual, on top of the 5% sale fee.

its 15% not 20%. Just saying.

The time it would take also, to travel to pick up the sales. You could easily recoup that tax fee by doing whatever else it is you are doing.

Dont see an issue with tax fee.

I would like to see an "automatic" setting for all sales if its not already in?, so it's just "whack it up for sale, then wait for gold in your wallet", I hate trading, and thus despise going back to an activity I dislike in the first place.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
You guys do realize this post was made before the current marketplace changes, right? The matters have already been addressed