Skip to main content

Topic: replace all the water with acid (Read 1066 times) previous topic - next topic

replace all the water with acid
Just remove water. Easy fix.
That's actually not a bad idea. And replace it with acid. I'm not even joking. Many problems solved with one move - no stupid bow shooting under that water - so no imbalance between classes, no escaping in the water and no transportation without rafts/ships, no players faster than ships (at least in the long run). And it fits darkfall setting overall, including forums/community. Love it!

Also bridges would become choke points, terrain would matter more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:43:50 am by wildNothing

Re: replace all the water with acid
Reply #1
Or have it where you cant drink pots/cast transfers.  Water causes major stam hit depending on how encumbered you are (ditch armor to lighten load).  Run out of stam = death by drowning.

Reply #2
stam hit depending on how encumbered you are
terrible idea. To replace one source of imbalance between classes with different one.

Reply #3
Is it April 1st already?

Remove terrain. And replace it with space. I'm not even joking. All problems solved with one move. No stupid bow shooting at all, no stupid left click spam melee pushers, no stupid mages abusing terrain advantages, no stupid knockups, no stupid field AoEs, no stupid mount imbalances, no stupid bunny hopping, no stupid structural abuse, no ships faster than an other, no players faster than ships. And it fits the brain contents of some of the community members. Love it!

Reply #4
Is it April 1st already?

Remove terrain. And replace it with space. I'm not even joking. All problems solved with one move. No stupid bow shooting at all, no stupid left click spam melee pushers, no stupid mages abusing terrain advantages, no stupid knockups, no stupid field AoEs, no stupid mount imbalances, no stupid bunny hopping, no stupid structural abuse, no ships faster than an other, no players faster than ships. And it fits the brain contents of some of the community members. Love it!
But if you don't have anything to say on topic, why would you post at all? To work on my words and modify them? You in love? You a fag? I'm not, so I'm not interested. Once a fag followed me on this forum. Maybe try to look for his attention.
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:17:53 am by wildNothing

Reply #5
Why would I post at all? Because I can? Why shouldn't I? If you feel offended by everything others say, maybe lock your thread for public responses or avoid posting at all if you can't handle answers which don't fit your expectations. Or maybe grow some balls and jiggle, instead of taking everything so fucking personally.

And so far, you don't seem to be a male anyway. You are so fucking fragile like a little girl. Honestly, never seen a guy bitching and crying with such dedication and passion like you are (Edit: except grimtide). Your avatar seems to be a selfie, hm?

If you are really serious about replacing ALL water on Agon with Acid and don't understand why it is a terrible idea and need extra explanations, then allow me to give you a few examples:

• Alfar Resilience
  • Kraken
  • Ice Dragon
  • Sea Villages
  • Sea Tower (once it goes live)
  • Griefing, as already happening in Alfar lands with their Acid pools within NPC cities
  • Would completely screw up the freedom of game play
  • Doesn't prevent people from escaping through water (err "acid"), since you still can transfer, Rage, heal self, use potions, ...
    • Edit: Especially Mages, because of more effective Begone / Explosion / Launch / Transfers
  • Favors heavy armor, because it has higher Acid protection
  • Tries to homogenize the diversity:
    • Because X can do Y, nobody should do Y.
    • Instead maybe just accept and adapt that Heavies and Mages are not meant to be a "jack of all trades".
    • Mages can avoid / escape water fights better than any other build.
  • Etc.
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:21:51 pm by HarvestR

Reply #6
Why would I post at all? Because I can? Why shouldn't I? If you feel offended by everything others say, maybe lock your thread for public responses or avoid posting at all if you can't handle answers which don't fit your expectations. Or maybe grow some balls and jiggle, instead of taking everything so fucking personally.

And so far, you don't seem to be a male anyway. You are so fucking fragile like a little girl. Honestly, never seen a guy bitching and crying with such dedication and passion like you are (Edit: except grimtide). Your avatar seems to be a selfie, hm?

If you are really serious about replacing ALL water on Agon with Acid and don't understand why it is a terrible idea and need extra explanations, then allow me to give you a few examples:

• Alfar Resilience
  • Kraken
  • Ice Dragon
  • Sea Villages
  • Sea Tower (once it goes live)
  • Griefing, as already happening in Alfar lands with their Acid pools within NPC cities
  • Would completely screw up the freedom of game play
  • Doesn't prevent people from escaping through water (err "acid"), since you still can transfer, Rage, heal self, use potions, ...
    • Edit: Especially Mages, because of more effective Begone / Explosion / Launch / Transfers
  • Favors heavy armor, because it has higher Acid protection
  • Tries to homogenize the diversity:
    • Because X can do Y, nobody should do Y.
    • Instead maybe just accept and adapt that Heavies and Mages are not meant to be a "jack of all trades".
    • Mages can avoid / escape water fights better than any other build.
  • Etc.
some good points some bad. You think acid is bad because you can survive it. I think that's actually good. Otherwise it would be stupid to die immediately just because you landed in or decided to go through the water (now acid). Sea villages/towers. You think people will land in water? Well, if close to a village it's not a problem, close to the ship - same. Because acid does not kill you immediately, so you can return. Also ub3r could use the new grounded mechanic when on a ship. Solved. Griefing? How? It is no longer possible to move afk player from crafting station or bank. Would screw up the freedom of gameplay? What do you mean? Do currently present acid lakes screw your freedom of gameplay somehow? And what's the problem with removing alfar resiliance?

Literally the only point that makes any sense is Ice dragon. I would add matayins to it. Does it really justify your first retarded reaction? I'm starting to understand why you rather insult and act like a smartass instead of actually debating suggestions. But still - thanks for your thoughts, I like it a lot more than you running after me and calling me names.
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 04:02:03 pm by wildNothing

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Is it April 1st already?

remove DND and replace it with potato.

Reply #8
Sea villages/towers. You think people will land in water?
Ships tend to get destroyed. Can happen at the Kraken / Ice Dragon and will most likely happen at the Sea Tower. So if there is acid instead of water -> Everyone dies. Good idea.

Freedom of gameplay: If you are forced to use a bridge to get to the sub continents, then you might have a "choke point" and a "PvP hotspot". But (casual) people don't like that. We already have PvP hotspots. It forces casuals into PvP and thus drives them away from either going there or playing the game. Sure, they might buy and use a Raft or a Ship, but thats a hazzle and creates a different problem. The game's main focus shouldn't be PvP.

Griefing: Not everybody who is AFK has a Bank / Crafting window open.

You like to remove water and replace it with acid because Archers have an advantage. So you want to make it terrible and tedious for everyone else, because one play style type has a small advantage. Thats a stupid idea. Especially if you don't even play the game.

As a side note: You should not complain about "insults" while calling others "retarded".

And no need to feel special, I'm not "following" you. It just happens that our paths cross more than so often at the moment. It will pass.
  • Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:10:16 pm by HarvestR

Reply #9
Sea villages/towers. You think people will land in water?
Ships tend to get destroyed. Can happen at the Kraken / Ice Dragon and will most likely happen at the Sea Tower. So if there is acid instead of water -> Everyone dies. Good idea.

Freedom of gameplay: If you are forced to use a bridge to get to the sub continents, then you might have a "choke point" and a "PvP hotspot". But (casual) people don't like that. We already have PvP hotspots. It forces casuals into PvP and thus drives them away from either going there or playing the game. Sure, they might buy and use a Raft or a Ship, but thats a hazzle and creates a different problem. The game's main focus shouldn't be PvP.

Griefing: Not everybody who is AFK has a Bank / Crafting window open.

You like to remove water and replace it with acid because Archers have an advantage. So you want to make it terrible and tedious for everyone else, because one play style type has a small advantage. Thats a stupid idea. Especially if you don't even play the game.

As a side note: You should not complain about "insults" while calling others "retarded".

And no need to feel special, I'm not "following" you. It just happens that our paths cross more than so often at the moment. It will pass.
You see, this I like a lot. Argument about ship getting destroyed is a good one. First that actually might completely destroy the idea of acid instead of water - if people are unable to accept such consequences of ship getting destroyed. To me it sounds even more interesting. But would be pretty hard core, for sure. Especially in full loot game.

EDIT: actually that could introduce interesting dynamic. People would navigate closer to the shore/village/sea tower. Or navigate towards it in case of trouble. Easier to spot from shore, so more action. Holy shit, this idea is getting better and better. I love it even more now, after you brought the destroyed ship concept.

This suggestion just started in a thread about archery in the water. It's not about it. Water fights were just one of many problems it solved.

@Ub3rgames please change water into acid. And rename ub3rgames to ant1christ studio.
  • Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:38:44 pm by wildNothing

Reply #10
I would be down, it would gives the games a nice element tbh,
 you dont need to make it acid but it is an easy solution to implement, they could add a fatigue bar where you can only swim for 45 seconds or something before drowning, Gill can double the duration or something. bar shouldnt reset unless out of water for X time so bunny hopping doesnt reset it.
Escaping on a raft :D would be fun to do, also may get the classic raft wars too :p shooting between 2 rafts trying to kill the drivers lol
  • Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:07:43 pm by sanshi44

Reply #11
I would be down, it would gives the games a nice element tbh,
I agree.

Reply #12
water is completely balanced because im a melee archer
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• murkk
  • [*][*]
Reply #13
mages making forum posts about removing water now?

Reply #14
mages making forum posts about removing water now?
No, rather players making posts about making sea vessels mandatory for sea travel/transport, about making chasing a ship impossible without a ship, about ships/rafts being necessary to travel to sea villages, about mages no longer having free get out of jail card by escaping to the water. And about water fighting being retarded right now because of severe imbalance between classes.

All above can be fixed with one simple change.
  • Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:39:06 am by wildNothing