Skip to main content

Topic: kept for posterity (Read 6527 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: kept for posterity
Reply #195
Followup questions:
In the first few days of release, we said that PvE was superior to VCPs and even went as far as saying "it was a better use of your time and your alts".
People did not believe us then, and even got angry at us for stating it, yet it was designed that way and we observed it in game even early on.

A few weeks later players publicly released data that prove it was true and that they made more without ever using a VCP.
Their intent was not to support our explanations, but why did that information have to come from players to be believed?
And even then, why didn't the public perception shift to adapt to that "new" information?

To be fair, the data we released wasn't exactly accurate with what you are saying.

The mobs generated us INSANE amounts of materials, but no gold. The VCPs gave us all the gold we would ever need.

Its the two in conjunction thats broken, the disparity in effort required between the two, and no mob will ever compare to multiple 240% VCPs with alts.

I could show up to a VCP and get like 18k for just standing there for five minutes, as we never got PvP anyway, repeat 3-4x a day, and then go home. We would also bring 25 alts to fund clan costs like sieges if they ever became worth anything/mercs. We did this pretty much every day from release until we quit.

A few weeks later players publicly released data that prove it was true and that they made more without ever using a VCP.

Could you provide a link to that,  couldn't find it on the forums.

The bank on one of our crafters after the powerhour the day JBs came out.

It ended up being a lot more. I know when i quit there was close to ~600 spiderbows made and spread out between the alts and an insane amount of JBs/SBs in there and 30-40 some odd infernal bags.

In short, we basically had infinite of any type of gear you wanted, within 3 hours of it being released via titles.

20man clan btw.

The best part is, its now like a 6 man clan, and theres enough money between the alts to just hire 100+ man siege forces willy nilly. LOL.
I'm really struggling here to defend Ub3r when they say "erything is OK bois" when there's clans able to pull off what is posted here so early on before they had even mastered how to exploit alts effectively. The sheer amount of materials they own with relatively minor effort just shows me that ub3r has 1 of 2 problems:

<1> They really truly don't have the data or the experience to accurately quantify the data they need to actually see the economy properly and evaluate effectively that there's an utterly insane disparity between the haves and have nots. It isn't a matter of them being a little more ahead it is that there is a clear and easy way to get that level of resources/gold but it requires you to pay for alt accounts. It's almost like ub3r forgot to factor in alts in these groups and instead said: "See they have 60 people, all those resources are fine between them", but in reality it's 20 people with like 40 alts.
<2> They have realised that they fucked up and are trying to downplay the issues/concerns and will end up having to make massive changes somewhere to address the gold inflation and "no longer rare" rare materials situation. They either need to cut the faucets, increase costs to filter the resources out of the economy or do a soft-wipe by "aging" the other materials on a 10:1 amount in conjunction with addressing the faucets.

They just plain don't seem to understand the severity of the problems or that they are panicked and just don't know how to fix the monster they created that they refused to listen to player's feedback on throughout indev and launch. I don't think I have any faith left in this delusion anymore which is very sad, I have blind hope that something will happen to bring back the game to be enjoyable but honestly I'm checking out RoA during the free period they have going on to take a break and re-evaluate if I even want to return.

Just straight up lost all faith and see now that ub3r doesn't have confidence, they have fucking arrogance and plenty to boot. They don't see issues they play everything off like "it's not an issue it's just you don't understand, maybe if we explained it better to your lesser intellect you'd understand".

ugh

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #196
I'm checking out RoA during the free period they have going on to take a break and re-evaluate if I even want to return.

Just straight up lost all faith and see now that ub3r doesn't have confidence, they have fucking arrogance and plenty to boot. They don't see issues they play everything off like "it's not an issue it's just you don't understand, maybe if we explained it better to your lesser intellect you'd understand".ugh

As expected from these trolls, we have again the gargeous RoA card as excuse to bash and blackmail the devs. If you already play there and you have more fun then stay here and stop with the immature insultings to the devs and the people who support actively this game. You are the only evil arrogant and selfish here since they have reliable and actual data while you have only speculations and nothing more.
  • Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:35:10 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #197
I'm checking out RoA during the free period they have going on to take a break and re-evaluate if I even want to return.

Just straight up lost all faith and see now that ub3r doesn't have confidence, they have fucking arrogance and plenty to boot. They don't see issues they play everything off like "it's not an issue it's just you don't understand, maybe if we explained it better to your lesser intellect you'd understand".ugh

As expected from these trolls we have again the gargeous RoA card as excuse to bash and blackmail the devs. If you already play there and you have more funs then stay here and stop insulting them and the people who support actively this game. You are the only arrogant and selfish here. They have the data, your speculations are just evil and ridiculous.

What in the actual fuck? Evil? Lol.

Reply #198

As expected from these trolls, we have again the gargeous RoA card as excuse to bash and blackmail the devs. If you already play there and you have more fun then stay here and stop with the immature insultings to the devs and the people who support actively this game. You are the only evil arrogant and selfish here since they have reliable and actual data while you have only speculations and nothing more.

wasn't really the excuse to bash the devs.

my post was the excuse, youre just upset hes taking advantage of a well timed free trial as a decent bit of players leave due to the lack of developer action at the end of their 2mo subs.
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #199
Followup questions:
In the first few days of release, we said that PvE was superior to VCPs and even went as far as saying "it was a better use of your time and your alts".
People did not believe us then, and even got angry at us for stating it, yet it was designed that way and we observed it in game even early on.

Their intent was not to support our explanations, but why did that information have to come from players to be believed?
And even then, why didn't the public perception shift to adapt to that "new" information?

Credit to you finally coming from the ivory tower to speak to us mere peasants, some of the peasants paying for multiple alts on top of our mains. Do you understand how clueless some people are on these forums? I read about a hour ago a guy posted to stop running in pvp to save stamina etc. Thats not a cover, you cant blame clueless forum users on massive game problems, alot of hardcore fanboys was only playing indev as well, they are usually clueless and not good at the game, sorry but its true

So listening to these people isnt a scapegoat.

While it is understandable that people that weren't active during InDev could be unaware of all this, it doesn't change the fact that we've followed a plan set out nearly 3 years ago and repeatedly confirmed and explained over the months. Agreeing with the plan is a different matter, but for anyone who has interacted with us over the years, nothing should have been a surprise.

We're sorry for everyone who feel different. In hindsight, we still do not know how we could have communicated any more clearly.

You also banged on about watchtowers etc from day 1 and through out development and launched the game without them.

Really? The communication has gone backwards Uber, you interacted with the community alot more indev be it on here, ingame or discord, some game development companies with small teams post like "Had a coffee" "Working on new player models" *Inserts teaser of a arm* takes 5 minutes of your day on twitter, you probably have longer GM conversations.

Fortnite is a great example of how to do a patch update post, mount and blade 2 indepth updates on development, world of tanks with their videos, very detailed and in-depth with good editing.

You havent done a video on your youtube for ages, cant just be me but it feels like you basically closed the gates after launch and went back into your shell, you should be bragging about the game, ideas and development, that shit road map is just lazy. If you cant understand why people are pissed of communication wise you might as well stop speaking and learn sign language as well so you cant communicate with 99.9% of the population.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #200
Followup questions:

Credit to you finally coming from the ivory tower to speak to us mere peasants, some of the peasants paying for multiple alts on top of our mains. Do you understand how clueless some people are on these forums? I read about a hour ago a guy posted to stop running in pvp to save stamina etc. Thats not a cover, you cant blame clueless forum users on massive game problems, alot of hardcore fanboys was only playing indev as well, they are usually clueless and not good at the game, sorry but its true

While it is understandable that people that weren't active during InDev could be unaware of all this, it doesn't change the fact that we've followed a plan set out nearly 3 years ago and repeatedly confirmed and explained over the months. Agreeing with the plan is a different matter, but for anyone who has interacted with us over the years, nothing should have been a surprise.

We're sorry for everyone who feel different. In hindsight, we still do not know how we could have communicated any more clearly.

You also banged on about watchtowers etc from day 1 and through out development and launched the game without them.

Really? The communication has gone backwards Uber, you interacted with the community alot more indev be it on here, ingame or discord, some game development companies with small teams post like "Had a coffee" "Working on new player models" *Inserts teaser of a arm* takes 5 minutes of your day on twitter, you probably have longer GM conversations.

Fortnite is a great example of how to do a patch update post, mount and blade 2 indepth updates on development, world of tanks with their videos, very detailed and in-depth with good editing.

You havent done a video on your youtube for ages, cant just be me but it feels like you basically closed the gates after launch and went back into your shell, you should be bragging about the game, ideas and development, that shit road map is just lazy. If you cant understand why people are pissed of communication wise you might as well stop speaking and learn sign language as well so you cant communicate with 99.9% of the population.

While I agree with the majority of what you said I think you need to take into account that bigger studios have the manpower and funding to be able to produce those nice updates on a regular basis.  Ub3r is a studio of 2 - 8 amatuer "game developers"... they are literally learning as they go.  They likely haven't a single guy on the payroll with any video editing experience and producing that one video they did was likely quite time consuming.  With such limited man power and only 24 hours in the game they are likely choosing to work on the game rather than work on updates. 

Reply #201
Followup questions:

While I agree with the majority of what you said I think you need to take into account that bigger studios have the manpower and funding to be able to produce those nice updates on a regular basis.  Ub3r is a studio of 2 - 8 amatuer "game developers"... they are literally learning as they go.  They likely haven't a single guy on the payroll with any video editing experience and producing that one video they did was likely quite time consuming.  With such limited man power and only 24 hours in the game they are likely choosing to work on the game rather than work on updates. 

Video editing is very easy, i learnt from basically making darkfall videos on a pirated version of sony vegas, its windows movie maker tier shit, all they have to do is record their screens with OBS studio free software and talk over it, maybe put already ingame music to the footage, done!

Adding custom graphics is harder but they have artists and its not required, end of the day they use all social media and communication platforms already such as facebook, youtube, a website etc. They are supposed to be professionals as well, this is childs play. I arent saying make videos everyday as well, just keep the community up to speed with development, tease, dont hide behind a wall.

"Trust me guys LOL!" "Jesus patch incoming in a few months!" "We cant communicate due to..." "*SILENCE*"

Isnt good enough for a community thats put up with that shit from AV for years, the best way is to be honest and open and not go backwards.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #202
Followup questions:

Where is that information?

Reply #203
hahaha, they can't deal with "alts at villages" problem without punishing legit no-alt players? These guys have zero imagination.

You were told from the beginning, village capping by sheer presence is a joke. It should be risk vs reward. It shouldn't be possible naked. It should require something, like the gauntlet for requisition (crafted from rares) in dfUW. Problem solved. If someone wants to risk valuable item on defenseless character let him.

We can't deal with "alts at villages" problem without punishing legit no-alt players.. What can you do? Like really.
  • Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 08:32:08 pm by wildNothing

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #204
hahaha, they can't deal with "alts at villages" problem without punishing legit no-alt players? These guys have zero imagination.

You were told from the beginning, village capping by sheer presence is a joke. It should be risk vs reward. It shouldn't be possible naked. It should require something, like the gauntlet for requisition (crafted from rares) in dfUW. Problem solved. If someone wants to risk valuable item on defenseless character let him.

We can't deal with "alts at villages" problem without punishing legit no-alt players.. What can you do? Like really.
It'd be nice if they at least made it to where the reward would scale based on how much gear you were wearing and what not. At least it would curb the majority of the kill/gank back to city of the alts after village has been capped mentality.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #205
I found the open communication from Ub3r a great thing and i find it a huge step backwards that they stopped doing that. If they enhanced their open communication it could even draw more players to this game. A good community liason could earn his own salary back, Ub3r is a small company so money should be spend on making the game better but dont wait to long looking for people who can sell your game.
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran