Skip to main content

Topic: Wish lists, realities, complaints and solutions (Read 239 times) previous topic - next topic

Wish lists, realities, complaints and solutions
This forum is littered with wish lists of all extremes. The person suggesting then often feels it would "save" or revolutionize the game.

The reality is most of these ideas will never happen, were never planned to happen, or won't happen for a long time.

Acceptance is key here. Assume and accept the game will only ever patch in the features Ub3r had announced. Assume and accept they won't be here on time. We all have our complaints about this, but unless it's truly have breaking, it's highly unlikely the devs will care.

If you're here because Darkfall is the game you can't seem to quit, love it or hate it, you're part of a large group. Be honest with yourself. If you really don't like the game, stop playing. It's a hobby, not a job or bad marriage.
If there are parts of the game your feeling suck or you're having a hard time finding how to enjoy it, have no shame and ask. Ignore those who judge and understand a lot of people care about each other's enjoyment.

Try starting some threads seeking a solution instead of simply stating problems. To take one example thread, small scale pvp. It starts off stating roadmap has no mention for it. It then goes into suggesting the developers create content. This is where the thread goes wrong. Put that in suggestions.
Instead ask and explain. Eg "I run with a friend looking for 2v2 pvp content. Typically NA hours in human lands. Anyone enemies out there looking for a fight or leads on where to find some pvp for us?".
Answers will come, challengers will accept, information will flow.
Most small groups don't want to broadcast where they farm, but you could get a private msg.

My thread here is to try and influence a different approach to these forums. The existing one approach had never worked and never will.

Put your suggestions on the suggestion thread.
Stop waiting for developers to patch in features they never announced.
Assume features announced will be delayed.
Look for solutions with the community and content available.

Re: Wish lists, realities, complaints and solutions
Reply #1
''Try starting some threads seeking a solution instead of simply stating problems.''

We are now past that stage, we have been through these steps -

1. Criticise the flaws of the game and offer feedback and suggestions for the game.
2. Fanboys take offence to any criticism and think you are making a personal attack on the game, spewing ''ROA TROLL'' & ''GO BACK TO ROA''
3. Develops chime in defending every point of the game and why they implemented it, acting as if everything is perfect.
4. Realise that the dev/fanboys are blinded and begin to hate on them and the shit game that they have churned out.

Reply #2
STEP 5  - Walk away

Rest of community is waiting

Reply #3
''Try starting some threads seeking a solution instead of simply stating problems.''

1. Criticise the flaws of the game and offer feedback and suggestions for the game.
2. Fanboys take offence to any criticism and think you are making a personal attack on the game, spewing ''ROA TROLL'' & ''GO BACK TO ROA''
3. Develops chime in defending every point of the game and why they implemented it, acting as if everything is perfect.
4. Realise that the dev/fanboys are blinded and begin to hate on them and the shit game that they have churned out.
heres the solution to most of the problems ingame
ub3r needs to get their thumbs out of their ass
i mean his thumb out of his ass

youre welcome
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #4
Wow, that blackmeat bonekiller dude is STILL around. What a masochist.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #5

youre welcome

Not sure how 1 thru 4 describes any form of solution, or was the post just an excuse to make a joke about the limited Dev team on this indy project ?

Reply #6

youre welcome

Not sure how 1 thru 4 describes any form of solution, or was the post just an excuse to make a joke about the limited Dev team on this indy project ?

Dont think you understand the post or the thread even.

Reply #7
On multiple occasions, ive already said, DND will either succeed or fail, no amount of rallying, making polls, whining, crying, insulting will have any big effect on the outcome. As simple as that, it either does or doesent. We are not in control, get used to it.

What pops up in these forums, should make one wonder, where does all this confrontation come from. Are those simply all people with very conflict prone personalities?

I honestly dont get this, why the need to feel so righteous go 'over the corpses of others,' to come to inevitable conclusion that you were right and they were wrong. Then proceed to salt the wound some more and make sure they got that you were right and they were wrong, followed by some insult or other about how that all ties to their intelligence in some way and how they are clearly better than you are.

I have literally zero personal issues with anyone on the forums, we have argued, ive tried to get certain points across, sometimes i guess its partly jsut for the sport of it. Been insulted, trolled, ridiculed. Yet i dont feel any actual malignance towards anyone, why should i, its not like any one of you has any direct power over me. Yet there are people who seem to get into deep personal conflicts on forums. I do not understand, if i dislike someone so bad, it doesent take long before i simply ignore or avoid him/her, instead of using every chance to scream bloody murder and continue beating myself and him until i dont know what is supposed tom happened.

Its just weird, people are weird.
  • Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:40:10 pm by hecate355