Skip to main content

Topic: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. (Read 1087 times) previous topic - next topic

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good
First Person Shooter/RPG
Full loot PvP
Siege
Market
No hardcoded classes
No hardcoded safe zones
No handholding
No censorship
Unique Leveling System
Skill based PvP
No other game like it

The Bad
You

The Ugly
This game is as close to perfect as you can find. There is literally no other game with these mechanics. It caters to hardcore gamers. That is the market niche it fills. If you are not in that demographic then this game is not for you.
Agon doesn't care about you. This is not an RPG that you are used to. The world is setup like an RTS. The macro game is different then the micro. If you want to accomplish a goal you must overcome obstacles and work towards them. The bigger goals require groups or a really long time to accomplish. Mechanics like sieges are not something you do just for fun any more. The game world itself does not consider you or your feelings. Its hostile because it was designed that way. It was not designed for ease of use or efficiency.

The bottom line is that if you don't like this game then don't fucking play it. Its not going to be easy. You are not going to do everything solo. You can not be the best on the server in a week. No matter how good you are, you will still die. You will lose your shit. You will have to use your skills to get better at them. You are required to play in order to get things accomplished. Other people will never stand still so you can kill them efficiently.

Quotes from my clan in Discord.

"Vocal minority forum warriors"

"Code brought 15 fucking people at 11pm est. Games dead"

"We PVP'd or invaded enemy holdings to use their mines for 11 hours straight yesterday roaming around. Games dead"

"We went into a dungeon and found Farmers. Games dead"

"Went to sarthan sea at 9am and fought 6 guys. Games dead"

"People that no lifed and border line exploited mobs to raise skills to 100 in first week so they could beat 98% the population by the stat advantage. Can't find good pvp. Games dead"
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.

Re: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.
Reply #1
Remember kids, Agon is pronounced like agony for a reason.

Reply #2
I have noticed less activity in my clan, but it's mostly 'cause people started hitting schools/skills 70+ and decided it's easier meditating than grinding by hand. Can't say I blame them.

They are still interested in the game, just not as active.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #3
If a couple of people in your wow clan took a break for a couple of days I don't think anyone would cry "The Game iz ded". But people really have high hopes for this game. They give a shit. So they are over analyzing every single thing happening and those that have weak stomachs cry and moan its the games fault. Because they can't admit its them. I think its hilarious watching people try hard to get there skills maxed out as fast a possible and then they burn out and claim its the games fault.

Fact is if there were 100k people playing this game then you wouldn't be able to move 20 feet without running into someone and it would be impossible to get anything done. I remember waiting for people to leave spawns and fighting over goblin loot when DFO launched. This isn't world of warcraft. Its a kick in the balls every day and you take that kick every fucking day because kicking someone else in the balls once in awhile just feels too good.
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.

Reply #4
There is a middle between 100K players and what we have now tho...

Reply #5
This game is as close to perfect as you can find.

99.99999% of the worlds MMO players would seem to disagree with that statement.  Doesn't that bother you?  Does it not register in your mind that there is something deeply flawed with the game?  The game has almost been out for 2 months and people are already leaving.... how can you ignore that type of exodus?

Reply #6
15 people, 9 people lol thats as much evidence for the game being dead as it is it being alive.

There used to be single clans bigger than the entire active population. The game isnt dead, though. But i doubt itle see 2019.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #7

99.99999% of the worlds MMO players would seem to disagree with that statement.  Doesn't that bother you?  Does it not register in your mind that there is something deeply flawed with the game?  The game has almost been out for 2 months and people are already leaving.... how can you ignore that type of exodus?

This happens In EVERY MMO in the first month, why are you acting like this is unique to Darkfall?

People not liking the game is not the main issue, the real issue is the people who don't like the game and then come on here whining to high hell about it All the time. Just go take a break already.

People will come and go as patches and content is added. Moaning like a bitch won't speed it up.

Reply #8

This happens In EVERY MMO in the first month, why are you acting like this is unique to Darkfall?

People not liking the game is not the main issue, the real issue is the people who don't like the game and then come on here whining to high hell about it All the time. Just go take a break already.

People will come and go as patches and content is added. Moaning like a bitch won't speed it up.

only its not in its first month is it...its actually in its what...9th? 10th year? and still basic problems persist.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #9
Don't blame the game guys, its perfect.

All these silly people on here are just not hardcore enough to play it.

lool.

Reply #10

Any other MMO with as low a population as DND is likely to have would shut down.  There is a difference between a game having a healthy but low population and what DND is turning into.  It isn't sustainable, and if it is the game will always be on life support because they cannot hire the staff required to make meaningful progress on the game in terms of development speed.

Reply #11
only its not in its first month is it...its actually in its what...9th? 10th year? and still basic problems persist.

Yea it's quite funny that people don't understand this yet.

@OP

15 people at 1 VCP is literally nothing. We fought 11 noobs at a VCP the other day. Should be 15 people at every bank in the game. Numbers are only going to keep going down bruv. Go ahead and start taking screenies of noobie areas, show me the game is alive. This is like DF2012 numbers and the game launched a month ago...

Don't worry, you'll be crying soon enough.

Edit: Where were you fighting at? We'll be sure to move right in.
  • Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 04:58:21 pm by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #12
At this point, I only post here to provide and alternate perspective to the 10-15 trolls and doomsayers who post the same stuff, day after day after day. I hope that potential new players will read some of the more positive posts, and try the game out. They certainly will not reading the trash that is so common on the forums.

Our clan is active and growing slowly, with two new members last week. We have lost one player since launch- he as in a different time zone and could not play with us, and found this to be unsatisfactory. We do events every day, and have enough PVP for those who want it- I even have a few kills myself, which is pretty surprising. We have goals that we are working towards, and our folks feel that they are making progress. We are in a very active alliance who also hold events every day- some of which involve PVP and some of which are PVE events- and some of those attract PVP. I can discern no reduction in activity in our alliance. We find racial enemies near old holdings every day and there are frequent raids.

There is no question that the roadmap needs to be finished, and that there is lots of polishing to do. However, for us, the game is presently engaging and rewarding and we continue to be patient with Uber as we like what they have done and see them as capable of continuing to move the game in a good direction.

If you are someone who is considering playing, I would encourage you to give it a try despite the missing elements that are still being worked on. You can set the trolls to ignore by using the settings in your profile. And yes, all the usual suspects, you are on my ignore list so I won't be reading your trashy responses to this post.

Reply #13
Expected drop off from launch was 80%. Statistical average for games and Ub3r made that extremely clear to everyone.

Anyone who expected their clan to be immune from this should now accept it. It's natural progression for clans to dissolve and reform with others in the same state as population settles.

Meanwhile (although behind our expectations) Ub3r will continue content and population will regrow.

Compliments to everyone who finds players who enjoy the game and play out of enjoyment instead of guilt because their friends play and they feel obligated.

And doomsayers i feel are split between trolls and people who are just afraid of losing what they love. They're the over dramatic people we all encounter in real life with no social restriction preventing then from controlling themselves. But don't worry guys, game will be okay

Reply #14

Ffs take a look into your posting history. Only doom and gloom, mixed with a lot of salty tears. What miserable piece of a human being you must be to spend so much time on a forum of the game you do not enjoy and have nothing but contempt for.

Just do everyone here a favor and drop your salty tears somewhere else.
  • Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:19:07 pm by Waylander