Skip to main content

Topic: Mobs hit harder in melee since the recent patch (Read 891 times) previous topic - next topic

Mobs hit harder in melee since the recent patch
Mobs that were previously easy to solo with a Plate/Scale mix and a shield, now go through my health like a hot knife through a butter.

So the question for @Ub3rgames is, is this an intended change (if so, why isn't it in patch notes?) or is it a bug?
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Re: Mobs hit harder in melee since the recent patch
Reply #1
Mobs that were previously easy to solo with a Plate/Scale mix and a shield, now go through my health like a hot knife through a butter.

So the question for @Ub3rgames is, is this an intended change (if so, why isn't it in patch notes?) or is it a bug?
Can confirm. Thanks for the ninja patches with no details @Ub3rgames, you guys know how much everyone loves that...
TimothyJB NewDawn
Supreme General of Seek and Destroy, previously of The Crimson Brotherhood
Dedicated clan lag switcher and founder of the SaltyBitch™ club

Darkfall will never succeed without local banking kangaroo mounts

Reply #2

confirmed

Reply #3
Mobs are still the same.

Farming and Pve should not be easy anyway.

Materials and rare items should be made harder to get.

Reply #4
While I do agree that some of the so called rare materials are too easy to get and PvE should be more challenging, that is not the point if this thread.

If it's a feature - please make it clearly visible in patch notes.
Otherwise it's a bug.

And we noticed it on many different mobs - they hit harder in melee now.

Reply #5
Confirmed. And driving me to making several new mobs are cancer songs...

DJ rares shouldnt be easy but the truth is they are... mob scaling rare golems is easy AF and there are other clans maybe not yours whose clan banks are stacked with 10s of thousands of rares because of it ..its just the rest of the mobs that are a pain in the ass that shouldnt be because there was some wierd blanket ninja blanket damage buff, so it does need to be addressed

Reply #6
bumping since we have not got a response from @Ub3rgames

The same spots i was grinding with the same gear pre-patch I need a lot more healing.

Reply #7
I actually uninstalled my client after discovering this yesterday.

I like some of Ubers changes and have really really tried hard to stick with it but as a solo player it simply is not worth playing this version.

After weeks of people rasing the fact that solo pve is totlaly gimped, they refused to acknowledge everyones feedback and rather ninja patched a massive neerf to solo play on top of the alreasy punishing situation.

It is meat to be a sandbox game but it feels that the devs want it played in one of two ways and have chosen to use punishment over reward to force those on the players. Game clearly doesnt cater to the way I wish to play, devs appently couldt give a shit about that, so I am out. Their game, their choice, I can respect it.

Two less subs. God luck guys hope it works out.

Reply #8
Solo gameplay in this version means you drop behind in terms of mats/skills/gold. If your clan goes inactive then you are pretty much fucked.
No spawn scaling, no crafters available, and most important no meditation points from villages.

Being in a active clan is mandatory, the sooner new players know that the better it is.

The imcreased melee damage is unblanced, try a thain lord.... Bad loot en insanely hard to kill.
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Me and my alts got no problem farming solo. On a serious note. Get a guild and play it as a multiplayer game.

Back to meeling vilgenauts
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #10
Me and my alts got no problem farming solo. On a serious note. Get a guild and play it as a multiplayer game.

You really can be clueless.
"It's fine for me, so everything is fine" is not a good attitude.

Mobs we were doing at lvl 7, we can't do at lvl 4, barely at lvl 3 since the patch (and no - that was not solo, that was with guild mates)

Reply #11
I actually uninstalled my client after discovering this yesterday.

I like some of Ubers changes and have really really tried hard to stick with it but as a solo player it simply is not worth playing this version.

After weeks of people rasing the fact that solo pve is totlaly gimped, they refused to acknowledge everyones feedback and rather ninja patched a massive neerf to solo play on top of the alreasy punishing situation.

It is meat to be a sandbox game but it feels that the devs want it played in one of two ways and have chosen to use punishment over reward to force those on the players. Game clearly doesnt cater to the way I wish to play, devs appently couldt give a shit about that, so I am out. Their game, their choice, I can respect it.

Two less subs. God luck guys hope it works out.

Calm down Nancy, it's probably a bug.

Ub3rgames has not been afraid to try things everybody has been vocal against, and have yet to ninja patch anything. I doubt this was intended.

• Porch
  • [*][*]
Reply #12
I started off in a small 5 man clan. We disbanded because we couldn't do shit. Joined a new clan 25ish active players. Now we're down to two. Halp

Reply #13

Mobs hit harder after the last patch, I noticed this myself.  Went from taking 5 damage a swing from a mob to 10 damage a swing with the exact same armor.

Why do you feel the need to troll every thread?  Really wish ub3rgames would do forum moderation and get rid of trolls like you.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14

Mobs hit harder after the last patch, I noticed this myself.  Went from taking 5 damage a swing from a mob to 10 damage a swing with the exact same armor.

Why do you feel the need to troll every thread?  Really wish ub3rgames would do forum moderation and get rid of trolls like you.

Hey alt-account #5
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.