Skip to main content

Topic: Failed inventory operation (Read 271 times) previous topic - next topic

Failed inventory operation
I had it happen to me two or three times by now.
All of a sudden i can't sheat/unsheat weapons, my attacks get "sloppy" (basically it looks like the animation starts, and after a while starts again) causing my hits to never connect.
Only way to solve it are:
-log off (and when logging in the game start windowed and with a lower resolution)
-die

I think the last two times it happened to me where caused by disable blow hitting me while i had just clicked parry, so the parrying animation was still playing and got interrupted by the disable blow (not sure that was the real cause, but it seemed to happen due to that)

Re: Failed inventory operation
Reply #1
bump.
I had this happen again yesterday during a pvp: i was parrying, got disabled while my parry animation was still playing.....and i was stuck being unable to do anything due to "inventory failed operation" bug.
I couldn't switch weapon, attack (it makes a weird animation glitch where is stops at mid attack), cast spells, sheate weapon...nothing at all.

@Ub3rgames please fix this because it makes 1h/shield style dangerous to play, because if/when this bugs hit you, you're dead with no possibility of doing anything

Reply #2
it makes 1h/shield style dangerous to play
good, maybe 1h has a downside then

Reply #3
it makes 1h/shield style dangerous to play
good, maybe 1h has a downside then
Yeah everyone fighting with 1h indeed, they are so clearly OP that it is finally not like the old days where everyone used a 2h sword ...oh wait...everyone still uses a 2h sword? well, lucky for us, they don't know how OP 1h are....be careful, don't tell them, let's keep it as our secret!!

P.s. thanks for the bump despite the useless reply you gave (but i guess your nick said it all already :D)
  • Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:13:50 pm by dariobrun

Reply #4
I'm playing 1h since launch and haven't encountered an issue like that yet.

However, yesterday when farming I had a moment where I couldn't switch weapons, I had a Staff out and couldn't switch to my 1h or Bow. Ping was normal. I was wondering whats wrong but then it suddenly went away and I could switch again. So I didn't pay further attention and it didn't happen again until now.

Will pay more attention to the System log if it happens again.

Reply #5
This has happened to myself a few times as well, and I could not switch weaponry through hotbar or hotkey use.  I found that if I actually dragged a weapon or staff onto the paperdoll with the mouse-pointer, instead of using the hotkey, it would seem to eliminate the issue and I could use my hotbar and hotkeys to switch up once again. 

Reply #6
When i am back home i will link a video showing the pvp i had yesterday and the bug itself, so it might help them to solve it (i was luckily filming it).
Yes, sometimes, after a while it goes back to normal by itself (or at least i haven't discovered how to fix it and i just did something that fixed it), as it has happened in yesterday's pvp. After like 30 seconds or so, all of a sudden it started working again

Reply #7
I'm playing 1h since launch and haven't encountered an issue like that yet.

However, yesterday when farming I had a moment where I couldn't switch weapons, I had a Staff out and couldn't switch to my 1h or Bow. Ping was normal. I was wondering whats wrong but then it suddenly went away and I could switch again. So I didn't pay further attention and it didn't happen again until now.

Will pay more attention to the System log if it happens again.
It is pretty rare indeed...it seems to only happen when you are disabled and the parrying animation is still undergoing.
I had it happen just a handful of times in 3 months...but when it happens in pvp it is not nice :-D (in pve you can manage to escape and avoid dying...in pvp it is a death sentence).
If you were able to cast spells with your staff out, it wasn't probably the same problem as it makes it impossible to do any action. Anything apart from moving will result in "inventory failed operation" warning.
If, on the contrary, you weren't able to cast nor switch weapons, then it was it

Reply #8
This has happened to myself a few times as well, and I could not switch weaponry through hotbar or hotkey use.  I found that if I actually dragged a weapon or staff onto the paperdoll with the mouse-pointer, instead of using the hotkey, it would seem to eliminate the issue and I could use my hotbar and hotkeys to switch up once again. 
Thx...i will keep it in mind for next time it happens and will try this to fix it until they get rid of it

Reply #9
Here is the video showing the bug @Ub3rgames
https://youtu.be/2rDwrcbcABQ

Apparently it is not how i supposed...my parry animation was already finished when he disabled me, so it is not due to it happening while the animation is still ongoing.
Maybe it has to do with you doing an attack when you get disabled then....because i had just started the attack when he disabled me.
When you are in that state, your attack animation bugs out and despite is showing like you are attacking, it gets glitchy and actually your hits don't connect at all (as you can see when i am trying to distract the enemy by "attacking" him yet i just get hit without being able to hit back)
As you can see in the video, after like 40ish seconds, it goes back to normal and i can't notice anything special i did to make it happen.