Skip to main content

Topic: Burn the player grave (& equipment) for meditation points (Read 168 times) previous topic - next topic

Burn the player grave (& equipment) for meditation points
As an option before viewing a player grave, rather then loot, allow players to burn another players gravestone.   Burning has the same alignment penalty as looting a player grave, but awards meditation points instantly to whomever burns the grave.

Selecting this would destroy all items on the players grave and give the burning player a bunch of mediation points based on the value on the loot burned.

Exact values would need to be determined - the idea is to provides a gear and loot sink, with a small mediation point reward.

Re: Burn the player grave (& equipment) for meditation points
Reply #1
No.

For one, have you any idea how long it would take to create a database which held all the statistics in order to work out the"value" of the loot? It's nearly endless when you consider the dmg, current Dura and other stats of each item.

Let alone it would be exploited and you have simply made a system where people "pay" for meditation by using an alt and burning gear.

Reply #2
sounds like a cool idea but it would make the "red life" easier

and  as said above it sounds exploitable

Reply #3
No.

For one, have you any idea how long it would take to create a database which held all the statistics in order to work out the"value" of the loot? It's nearly endless when you consider the dmg, current Dura and other stats of each item.

Let alone it would be exploited and you have simply made a system where people "pay" for meditation by using an alt and burning gear.

Personally, yes - I implement DBs regularly as part of my job.  However, I wouldn't use a DB, I would use an algorithm and keep it simple.  No need to address the minutia of every stat.  That being said, Id leave it to the development staff to realize the implementation, rather than making uneducated guesses at how long it would take to implement a DB.

Its a balancing act but I think you could avoid exploitation, by making the reward in mediation significantly lower than the value of the items.

Reply #4
good idea man,but will it bring atleast 200 new player to the game?no!then fuck off idiot

Reply #5
Can I burn 10k useless items I crafted to level my crafting for med points?

Reply #6
Can I burn 10k useless items I crafted to level my crafting for med points?

It could be capped to a med point limit per burn (for example 2k) and a time period per toon (1 per day)

I think someone already suggested a crafting recycle to med points, IMO if the exchange ratio isn't too high why not. 

I haven't thought thru all the numbers but if you make it low progression for example

10k R0 at 1 point per item = 10k meditation - whats that going to break ?
10k R10 at 2 points per item = 20k meditation
10k R20 at 3 points = 30k med
10k R30 at 5 points = 50k med
10k R40 at 8 points - then you have too much money
10k R50 at 13 points - I doubt anyone going to burn these

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Have a holding altar people can burn gear at for personal meditation, thereby granting the Clan it's cut as well.