Skip to main content

Topic: Titles - Feedback (Read 1284 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Titles - Feedback
Reply #30
The title system is perfect, go back to ROA if you want everything all at once.

ROA troll.
Its funny because im pretty sure he never played RoA once

Reply #31
Persoanly i i like how title add diversity to the game what i dont like is how locked in you feel once you make a choice because the time loss leveling another title is so high i went air mage and at this point im never switching to try new titles out because i dont want to loose all the time i invested in it :(

Personally i feel titles should take 2 weeks to max out however they should be a lock out period of atleast 3 days so you cant title jump to something new constantly.
Decay rate of unused titles should be equal to the gain rate of the new active title aswell.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
Should've just went with a stat/skill cap but w/e AltFall FTW
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #33
i think just remove the need to use combo and it would be all good

Reply #34
Sounds like a solid response you give to someone playing Real Life. New Dawn is about always being able to switch to the best possible build at the moment and by all means not get rekt and end up dead in a Lux Arcana PvP video. How dare they timelock titles? Now we need to have 5 accounts, so we're insured and can switch to whatever playstyle whenever they patch something.

Oh hai I fixed it for you!

If there is large enough imbalance to warrant a time-gate system to prevent people from switching to FOTM builds, I got news for you: People are just going to quit.

If the game is balanced, then your argument is completely void, and time-gates only serve as punishment and anti-fun.

This is a video game, people want to have fun, playing around with different abilities and playstyles is part of that fun.

Oh hai, you're an idiot!

Oh, you were actually being serious? You troll so much it's hard to know when you're actually being serious about anything.. Ok, I agree it takes to long to level titles, but being able to switch without any cons will take away the meaning of titles if you ask me. Have you ever played a different MMO where you can switch class as you please? I reckon playing Eve and training for minmatar ships when they're strong, then swap for gallente the next month would be fun as well..

I've played this game long enough to know that people will go to any lengths just to get that little edge, and balancing everything 100% in a game that's based around large scale battles is really hard.. One playstyle could be really strong in large battles, but suck balls in a 1v1.. But hey if your a solo player, why would you make a build for large scale anyways? This is what actually adds diversity to the game, and makes every fight different making you adapt to any situation..

Reply #35
Time gating titles is stupid.  Possibly there was some benefit at slowing down progression at launch, but at this point any theoretical benefit to it is gone. 

Either A: Make combat titles start at 100 and just remove crafting titles : or

B:  Make progressing a title take meditation/gold/created gear.  Turning title progression into a gold/gear sink would help with the economy possibly too.

Reply #36
* Titles should only take 1 month to reach maximum 100 skill

* When they are changed they should lose 20 points to compensate for the faster skill up

* This in turn would help new players get to grips with the game

I actually like the title system.

HAHAHAHAHA. Remember other post when we said that tittle system spend huge amount of time to lvl up and u start saying its perfect. What happend now? u want to change something and u find a wall of stone telling you u msut wait only 60 days more. Or some of your friends refuse to enter cause that title system make new player dont play the game? thats what i open a treath like 3 weeks ago and u start to tell shit to me. PSSS GO BACK TO ROA if u want thinks in one month tittles msut be lvled up in one year.

Reply #37
Afaik titles serve exactly one purpose and that is for people being able to decide on a playstyle and NOT have to level each and every skill and this is what it does. People interpret too much into that system.

If you lift the time gating people feel forced to react on every little imbalance, change schools, level new spells, level new weapons and then the grindfest starts all over again. Furthermore without timegating every little imbabalance quickly becomes a big imbalance since it will be "exploited" by everyone and quickest by people who are grindmasters. There surely is a desire for some people to switch roles easily but it has negative sideeffects in other areas if we had this. We can debate if 1 or 2 months is better or meditating titles is a good idea but time gating serves a purpose.
  • Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:47:18 am by elektrofux

Reply #38
actually what was the issue with UW's title / role system?

Reply #39

I can only tell you from my perspective. It completely destroyed my tries to get back in once i have been out for a while. I logged in looked at my build and people told me it is not current. This and that has been changed, not working, not being competetive. I looked at the build creator switched stuff, realized i had to get more prowesss for this and that. People wanted me to have different roles for different purposes. Couple of days later AV listened to some qq on the forum changed spells previous made builts useless etc etc.
It was a mess for me, i couldnt concentrate on a single thing.

Reply #40

Stat requirements on gear, stat imbalances, terrible skill system, the feeling of being "locked in" to a specific playstyle instead of being able to create your own.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• Hitom
  • [*][*]
Reply #41

Stat requirements on gear, stat imbalances, terrible skill system, the feeling of being "locked in" to a specific playstyle instead of being able to create your own.

All of the "problems" you listed were fixed at the end of UW. UW was a legendary masterpiece of a game before it got shut down. If it would have released in the state it was in when it got shut down, Aventurine would have been millionaires , but alas, #100YearPlan

Reply #42

All of the "problems" you listed were fixed at the end of UW. UW was a legendary masterpiece of a game before it got shut down. If it would have released in the state it was in when it got shut down, Aventurine would have been millionaires , but alas, #100YearPlan

IDK bro, the game felt worse than DFO, i mean actual movement/animations just seemed so gross and flakey.

Pretty sure the skills were still a thing at the end? The skills in unholy wars were fucking retarded lol.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• Hitom
  • [*][*]
Reply #43

IDK bro, the game felt worse than DFO, i mean actual movement/animations just seemed so gross and flakey.

Pretty sure the skills were still a thing at the end? The skills in unholy wars were fucking retarded lol.

"ice-skating" movement was pretty much fixed towards the end of the game. The skills and abilities were way more diverse then this. In UW you actually had a fairly large arsenal of melee and archery skills. Sure DFO might have had more spells, but most of them really were just a tweak of another existing spell.

Literally the only things I think DFO did better was the ammount of hotbars and the map.

Reply #44

"ice-skating" movement was pretty much fixed towards the end of the game. The skills and abilities were way more diverse then this. In UW you actually had a fairly large arsenal of melee and archery skills. Sure DFO might have had more spells, but most of them really were just a tweak of another existing spell.

Literally the only things I think DFO did better was the ammount of hotbars and the map.

Rays were cones, pulverise was an AOE knockup blind, you could spam vamp strike on mounts, that AoE silence thing? I could go on, but frankly they are all the same: AOE - cheese trash.