Skip to main content

Topic: Gunpowder problem (Read 359 times) previous topic - next topic

Gunpowder problem
The first ship (Launch) is easily obtainable with Woodcutter, it has a cannon but, looking at the spreadsheets, to make gunpowder we need Artillery skill (then advance smithy) at 25 (then need many cannon module).
Is it correct or can gunpowder be made in other ways?

Re: Gunpowder problem
Reply #1
Thats correct.

Working as intended.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
You have to travel all the way across the pacific ocean to trade with china for gunpowder

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #3
You can make gunpowder at clan holding with an advanced smithy( the smithy is needed to purchase the skill). Craft it at the laboratory with level 1 skill in artillery construction. I hope this helps. Happy explosions to you.

Reply #4
You can make gunpowder at clan holding with an advanced smithy( the smithy is needed to purchase the skill). Craft it at the laboratory with level 1 skill in artillery construction. I hope this helps. Happy explosions to you.

Thanks Dukai!

Reply #5

Thanks Dukai!

Take not that it must also be a clan laboratory.
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #6

Thanks Dukai!

Take not that it must also be a clan laboratory.

Damn.. T_T

Reply #7
Gunpowder is skill level 25, not one so the only way to make powder and spikes is to have an advance clan smithy to get to 25 on making cannon mods first. This will keep the explosives more out of the hands of those with nothing to lose and nothing better to do at 3 am than break something.

Reply #8
Gunpowder is skill level 25, not one so the only way to make powder and spikes is to have an advance clan smithy to get to 25 on making cannon mods first. This will keep the explosives more out of the hands of those with nothing to lose and nothing better to do at 3 am than break something.

Ok, 25 then.. thanks to all