Skip to main content

Topic: RARE:ORE from mine ratio broken for brand new characters (Read 608 times) previous topic - next topic

RARE:ORE from mine ratio broken for brand new characters
A brand new account vs. ALT account with 51 wisdom & 58 laborer vs. Main account with 50 wisdom on a hamlet mine~

The brand new account will gather from 20%-40% rare ore more then the ALT farming account with 50's/50's wisdom & title every time. I noticed this when I put a unused account on the hamlet mine. Its not even close. The main account with no laborer title and the farming account with titles are within 10-15% of each other in rare ore gathered. The brand new account out paces them sometimes by 7-10 more rares in a single mining session. 3rd day running and the new account still crushes the other two every time. Please FIX.

Re: RARE:ORE from mine ratio broken for brand new characters
Reply #1
alt to win
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #2
ALT account (51 wis, 58 labor title, 41 mining skill) 108 ore 1 seletine, 1 Veilron
NEW account (base alfar stats, 23 mining) 141 ore 6 seletine, 2 veilron

Reply #3
How many times have you done this?

I use different chars and skill levels + titles, and see variations between 0-8 rares per 100 ore. If your test is less than 10 rounds, please let us know when You've tested more.

Reply #4
We noticed the same thing when ever we raid mines with Donkey, he's barely got mining leveled (just from raiding player mines with us) but gets over double the amount of rare ores that we do with 50+ mining.

Reply #5
Nothing to see here. Move along

Reply #6
hahaha, this is great if true

Reply #7
How many times have you done this?

I use different chars and skill levels + titles, and see variations between 0-8 rares per 100 ore. If your test is less than 10 rounds, please let us know when You've tested more.

I will. I deleted the new account at skill lvl 25 and went over with a brand new account. That account knocked out 9 rares on the first full mine session till you get the message it's empty. I'll keep track of the numbers but I know the amount of rare's you get on a avg pull is higher the lower your mining skill.

Reply #8
ALT account (51 wis, 58 labor title, 41 mining skill) 108 ore 1 seletine, 1 Veilron
this is not official but heres my take: the longer you hit a mine in one pull without stopping the more rares you get.  the alt account hit the mine for only 108 ore which is a short amount of time while the new account had a longer uninterupted pull off the mine of 141 ore. not only did the new account get more due to mining 30% longer it got more because the longer you hit the mine uninterrupted you get more.  I could be completely wrong and maybe OP is correct.  However the new account still hit the mine 30% more than the laborer alt account. The pull limit is determined by the regular ore and not the rare ores pulled from the mine.  Also RNG is involved.  Also on a new account with low skill it actually would take longer to harvest the same amount as a skilled character which might cause the new character to get more rares simply due to hitting the mine for a longer length of time.  I wouldn't say anything is broken and Magic Yeti is correct with the get double rares (2 per tick rather than 1 per tick) after 50 skill.  I think the double rares is due to gaining mastery.
  • Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:47:23 am by Fruition
Noah Scape - Supreme General of Seek and Destroy

Let the Race Wars begin!   PVP, PVE, DISCORD, SIEGES & FRIENDS

Seek and  Destroy recruiting Blue Alfars.
 /tell Knut Cup or Nilrema Southshaw or salty McPatriot  if interested in joining our ranks.

Reply #9
this is not official but heres my take: the longer you hit a mine in one pull without stopping the more rares you get.  the alt account hit the mine for only 108 ore which is a short amount of time while the new account had a longer uninterupted pull off the mine of 141 ore. not only did the new account get more due to mining 30% longer it got more because the longer you hit the mine uninterrupted you get more.  I could be completely wrong and maybe OP is correct.  However the new account still hit the mine 30% more than the laborer alt account. The pull limit is determined by the regular ore and not the rare ores pulled from the mine.  Also RNG is involved.  Also on a new account with low skill it actually would take longer to harvest the same amount as a skilled character which might cause the new character to get more rares simply due to hitting the mine for a longer length of time.  I wouldn't say anything is broken and Magic Yeti is correct with the get double rares (2 per tick rather than 1 per tick) after 50 skill.  I think the double rares is due to gaining mastery.

This is roughly my findings as well.

Also applies to Herbalist title and steedgrass gains.

Uber:  You fucked up the gathering titles.  Apply an increase in rare gain for gathering titles that offsets a new characters repeated chances at gaining a rare.  Simple fix...  Higher title, more rare, not less rare as is the case now.

Reply #10
A brand new account vs. ALT account with 51 wisdom & 58 laborer vs. Main account with 50 wisdom on a hamlet mine~

The brand new account will gather from 20%-40% rare ore more then the ALT farming account with 50's/50's wisdom & title every time. I noticed this when I put a unused account on the hamlet mine. Its not even close. The main account with no laborer title and the farming account with titles are within 10-15% of each other in rare ore gathered. The brand new account out paces them sometimes by 7-10 more rares in a single mining session. 3rd day running and the new account still crushes the other two every time. Please FIX.

They know, we already reported it in-dev :)

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,6798.0.html
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #11

Awesome then I'm not losing my mind, I think people in com's thought was crazy

Reply #12

Awesome then I'm not losing my mind, I think people in com's thought was crazy

Yeah your not crazy.  I don't hit the mine very often, but the last 3 times I have found zero rares out of 108ish ore.

Reply #13
yeah, as Eilistraee pointed out, it's a weird pattern emerging from the way mining skill affects ore per harvest in a city mine + the fact that chance for rare ore is calculated per successful harvest (not per iron ore) + mastery yielding x2 rares instead of x1. There's a noticeable dip in yield as you advance in mining skill until you get to mastery.
  • Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:05:43 pm by dolmance

Reply #14
I think ur crazy but not because of this :0