Skip to main content

Topic: Spawn Scaling Makes Dungeon Raiding Stupid (Read 1365 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Spawn Scaling Makes Dungeon Raiding Stupid
Reply #15
Dungeons are very profitable and a source of money and med points, expecially daily quest reward, they are different content, i don't see anything wrong and people will continue to use them.

YOU.
ARE.
AS.
FUCKING.
STUPID.
AS.
IT.
GETS.

If you have nothing to add to the debate stfu ignorant troll. People like should be instant banned, wtb moderation.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #16
Nothing to add to the debate ?
You mongoloid just posted something that has nothing to do with the initial post , so please

• Gorf
  • [*]
Reply #17
I like the way it works now.
OP obviously wanted to jump with his friends enemy in dungeon and died since pelple defending themselves in the dungeon used scaled mobs to their advantage. Now he is on the forum complaining with aim to make the dungeons death trap for any farmers farming it.
Defendefs have to deal with same scaled mobs you need to deal with so where is the problem?

From my experience and dungeon Im farming in, attackers mostly died since they underestimated power of the mobs while we defenders knew exactly what they are capable of and therefore adjusted our play accordingly. Not to mention defender usually know dungeon layout and spawns more, why not letting farmer have this advantage so attacker need to play smarter and know these things too. All OP mentioned seems to me like whining that he is not able to faceroll over farmer who is outstated after clearing the spawn.

I like it the way it is. It should not be that attacker has all advantage in the world to slaughter people farming.

Reply #18
Unless you are going in solo and lucky enough to find a single person or small group, you are fucked.

Spawn instantly scales up, whole bunch of mobs pop out, if you survive you that, you can't loot the corpses unless you are OK with either logging out or AFK'ing long enough for the mobs to despawn and then you can send in a single person to loot.

Spawn scaling should really just be changed where shit only scales up if it is getting cleared quickly.  Any PvP that takes place near a mob spawn is guaranteed to be a shit show.

People farm on the outskirts of every mob spawn, so attack them  there?

It rewards stealthy game play since the mob spawn only levels up when the attackers are hit or hit the mobs, its not when you just enter the area. It also rewards team play since you can coordinated heals to get things looted, I see it at the Gardoroc all the time. If three guys can coordinate heels to run through an NPC City with the towers blasting you should be able to figure out how to loot graves. It's not like your tying to skin it, you should have made a post about that - that's a legit issue

You keep making post about spawn scaling, they're not changing it. In fact they're actually increasing the scale on the larger mobs.

People need to either play the game how they designed it, Post in the suggestion area anything you would like to see changed and that's it. Constant QQ posts in general chat about the same shit is what's stupid.

Edit- and this in no way means I support every single change Uber games does, I feel like 15% of them are really stupid. But it's their game design, either like it or don't , but they're not changing it

first sentence already shows you have no idea what the fuck youre talking about, as expected.

Try raiding the Grey Ork dungeon in Alfar lands to see if you can "play stealthy"

20$ says you won't even see a person in your sightline without leveling up mobs the second you enter.

You mean the one I've ran all they way through naked a shield where every cluster of orcs are their own spawn down to the the executioners?

Sounds like you just suck at the game

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Nothing to add to the debate ?
You mongoloid just posted something that has nothing to do with the initial post , so please
+1 Fnights stfu you oblivious fanboy, try having an opinion that isnt being an asslicker.
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #20
Unless you are going in solo and lucky enough to find a single person or small group, you are fucked.

Spawn instantly scales up, whole bunch of mobs pop out, if you survive you that, you can't loot the corpses unless you are OK with either logging out or AFK'ing long enough for the mobs to despawn and then you can send in a single person to loot.

Spawn scaling should really just be changed where shit only scales up if it is getting cleared quickly.  Any PvP that takes place near a mob spawn is guaranteed to be a shit show.

sounds to me my  tactic worked lol btw i was able to loot my shit back on my  2 bodies and your clanmates body hehe was fun 4 orks vs  2 though.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Dungeons are very profitable and a source of money and med points, expecially daily quest reward, they are different content, i don't see anything wrong and people will continue to use them.

Yeah for realz

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #22
It is straight cancer to take 10 people into some dungeons, but maybe it isn't such a bad thing. Dungeons could be a place to find small scale pvp

Reply #23
"You are now engaged" should  just happen after 150-200 damage/heals
this is the easy fix @Ub3rgames
it also makes alt scaling harder

Nice idea !

@Ub3rgames

Reply #24
So here are the main responses from people who support the current system:

1) People don't actually fight IN mob spawns, so it is all good!
2) Learn to speak English bro!
3) Dungeons are fun and profitable and should be left alone

As it is now dungeons are fairly profitable, because people know that if you try to raid one all the people have to do is run straight to the bottom through all the spawns.  There are 2 scenarios:

1) They die and you either can't, or have to spend 15 minutes trying to loot their corpse
2) As the mobs chase then de-agro this person, they agro the raiders

The easy solution is:

1) Mobs should level up based on either receiving damage from multiple targets, or based on how fast they die. 
2) Stop making the extra mobs instantly pop when the spawn levels up, they should spawn after the first guy is dead

I really can't wait for real sieges to start to see how people abuse this mechanic with their siege stones.  EVERY attacker will find the nastiest nearby spawn to use and make blowing up stones nearly impossible.

It is a stupid mechanic.

Reply #25
Pretty sure the siege issue was already fixed in indev because clans were doing this.

Reply #26
Walk in room alone, 2 mobs, 30 seconds later group catches up, boom instant 10 level 10 mobs. How is this fun? Funny sure, but not really fun.

Reply #27
Guessing you were among the 8-10 Alfar that tried zerging Bakathuk? How about leave some peeps at portal and only send a couple to scout the dungeon? You guys ran straight into evil eyes and tried to gank an already downed player. Was boxed in by mobs and downed. Seems to me if you guys would have played smarter you would have never had an issue.

Regarding sieges... yes something needs to change. Stone in mob spawn, although funny, isn't ideal.
  • Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:40:39 pm by Edward Owen

Reply #28

sounds to me my  tactic worked lol btw i was able to loot my shit back on my  2 bodies and your clanmates body hehe was fun 4 orks vs  2 though.

Eh, just ganked and looted one of your clanmates in the same dungeon who had like 10k+ worth of crap on him, so I think it was fun for me too.

Problem is that it is a system that discourages people from raiding dungeons

Reply #29
Guessing you were among the 8-10 Alfar that tried zerging Bakathuk? How about leave some peeps at portal and only send a couple to scout the dungeon? You guys ran straight into evil eyes and tried to gank an already downed player. Was boxed in by mobs and downed. Seems to me if you guys would have played smarter you would have never had an issue.

Regarding sieges... yes something needs to change. Stone in mob spawn, although funny, isn't ideal.

I don't think anyone expected a siege force of evil eyes (with hit boxes the size of a car blocking you in) to spawn and spam meteor strikes and begones in a 10x20 room.