Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: New Roadmap Page (Read 4233 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: New Roadmap Page
Greetings denizens of Agon,

Today we release our short to medium term roadmap to give you an idea of what's to come.
This page will provide an ongoing view of what is coming next, and we'll update it as we complete projects and start planning new ones.
You may also follow our Progress Update thread which is more of a snapshot of what we're working on right now.

You'll notice that most of our coming projects are focused around the economy and the reward structure it creates.
Currently, trade is not fluid enough and feels punishing to many players, and holding on to territory is not worth the effort. These are major concerns we share with the community. The world is still in its build up phase, and we aim to give reasons to fight for when that is done.
This means valuable locations and watchtowers to control them.

Another front, quite literally, is to continue improving the racial wars.
Warfronts, which were planned to come in the very long term, have now been bumped to medium term due to player demand.
A large portion of the population is unclanned or does not hold territory. Racial wars with racial objectives and a reward structure will go a long way to provide activities for these players and to reinforce the alignment system.

As a closing note, this roadmap only shows the larger changes, but we'll continue to do smaller tweaks here and there, and we will add/move projects based on what comes up as necessary.

Remember to also follow the Progress Updates to stay up to date with what we're working on.

Enjoy the read!

Link to roadmap
  • Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:33:45 pm by Ub3rgames
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: New Roadmap Page
Reply #1

Reply #2
When you say

Right now, short term, medium term what does that mean in weeks?

Right now - Patch this week?

Short term - 4 weeks?

Medium Term - 2 Months?

Reply #3

"Gotta put the master encryption code here..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975oMBaK9gM

Reply #4
VERY well presented. Better than most triple A games in terms of organized transparency. Please keep it up to date. Look forward to seeing all this.

Reply #5
@Ryko Stormeye
Time frames will vary with difficulties or change in priorities, but in general, that's about right.

Right now: In QA or short development, so 1-2 weeks away.
Short term: Well advanced in development so 4-6 weeks away.
Medium term: Started but long projects, 2-3 months.

The roadmap is meant to be used in conjunction with the Progress update thread that we'll update when things evolve.
This will allow players to know exactly where we are headed and where we're at on the road.

We strongly advise everyone interested to click the "notify" button on the Progress Updates thread.
That's the best way to keep in touch going forward.

Reply #6
Right now: In QA or short development, so 1-2 weeks away.
What with Veteran mage ? what will be prequists for that after the new schools are introduced ?
It's a pointless grind that is still in game I don't want to use greater magic/infliction yet I cant gfet veteran mage without grinding that
Thsstsshs Shthss

Reply #7
polearms buff?  really other than cantrips this is the only thing i need and cantrips i can take it or leave it as long as i get a good polearm buff

Reply #8
Please move the spells ASAP, magic changes took soooo long

Reply #9
So much I don't agree with in this roadmap.

First off with VCPs... come the hell on. It's a gold sink for zergy ass clans. There has been clans holding the same VCPs for 27 days straight. Now they are rich AF. Even smaller clans like mine tried to gang up with alliance members to finally get a 15 vs 15 going and we still die because they out gear us. They can afford the top tier gear the day it is craftable. We cant. (since you know, we didn't hold 4 VCPs for 27 god damn days straight).

Why are you still catering the idea of clans zerging the shit out of VCPs? We have enough large scale pvp with city sieges/raids, dungs etc... VCPs should be set for small to med scale pvp... Add diminishing to VCPs based on how many players the clan brings to the point. It is so god damn bad, clans like Ook Ook and Horde are zerging up VCPs with over 15 guys and even brought THEIR ALTS FOR EXTRA REWARDS...

We already talked about this here. https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8138.msg125216.html#msg125216 Now do something about it. It is clearly a problem and your "fix" isn't going to do anything about it. IF WE COULD CONTEST IT WE WOULD HAVE ALREADY. (doesn't stop us from trying but this is just ridiculous).

Despite the fact the system is broken AF. Our small clan still goes against larger clans like Ook Ook and Horde, when they out number us 2 to 1 simply do to the fact no one else is standing up against them. We don't care about gear loss. But how is the current system anywhere near acceptable? I'm not the only one to have this view, and if you look at suggestions section. There are many posts like the one I linked above recommending changes as well. IMPLEMENT A REAL CHANGE TO VCPS NOW.

"Racial Kill reward structure and death penalties
Killing a player will provide a reward and on death characters will be drained of meditation."

Really? So on top of what I already stated about smaller clans roaming out, and fighting against zergs. Now you want to implement this? Please explain to me why anyone in smaller clans are going to want to pvp now??? Especially when we are out numbered 2 to 1 against with people in better gear that can afford to lose it. (Thanks to VCPs) Then we lose our gear in the battle, have to walk back, and NOW LOSE MED POINTS?!?!?!!?

Everything you continue to add to roadmaps are just catering to the zerg. This has always been in issue in DF1 (sea towers anyone?) and you are just following suit. Some people simply don't want to have to rely on a zerg for decent pvp ALL THE DAMN TIME, or to achieve anything in the game and that is exactly the opposite of what you are doing...

I understand there is strength in numbers. Great, just means you are most likely to win sieges and able to hold your holds. I'm not arguing that. I'm stating there is 100% zero positives to playing as a small clan, no objectives or anything small clans can do. You are simply just making it worse then it already is.

Not everyone wants to be in a zerg clan\alliance. It is a stupid notion that we have to be part of one simply DO ANYTHING in the game.

• Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:54:38 am by AndroBourne

Reply #10
@Drthelunghar
Things depending currently on GM will be transposed to int.

@allibobba
Part of the "Rework of existing schools and balancing".

@Aglorien
They are in progress and in the short term.

Reply #11
I see no content in short time....but 2m will be left after patch....failll

Reply #12
@AndroBourne
That's why we suggest with so much insistance to read the Progress Updates thread.
Diminishing returns are coming to VCPs, among other things. This has been posted a few days ago.

There are other parts of the design that are meant as anti-zerg features.
For example, one of the reasons why binding to a specific stone is not coming back is to allow smaller groups to split up larger factions.
If they are all far away busy farming or doing whatever, you can hit them before they can reinforce.
Current mine mechanics, albeit overkill, are designed in that mindset too.

Reply #13
@AndroBourne
That's why we suggest with so much insistance to read the Progress Updates thread.
Diminishing returns are coming to VCPs, among other things. This has been posted a few days ago.

There are other parts of the design that are meant as anti-zerg features.
For example, one of the reasons why binding to a specific stone is not coming back is to allow smaller groups to split up larger factions.
If they are all far away busy farming or doing whatever, you can hit them before they can reinforce.
Current mine mechanics, albeit overkill, are designed in that mindset too.

Will we be seeing some of these changes before the end of next month?
"Gotta put the master encryption code here..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975oMBaK9gM

Reply #14
@TripBunny
Yes, everything in "right now" and, unless issues that get higher priority, everything in the "short term" list.