Skip to main content

Topic: Meditation Point Burn Rate (Read 861 times) previous topic - next topic

Meditation Point Burn Rate
Am I nuts, or is it really around 10k/day?

How does one get that much per day?

Re: Meditation Point Burn Rate
Reply #1
Higher skills burn more the higher they are, the same for stats.
Village caps give way more than 10k/day.  Otherwise, lots of 1hr quests, 3x meat turn-ins, +dungeon/keys/maps.
Maps are equivalent to VCPs and aren't that uncommon if you are grinding out yellow+ mobs that drop them.

Reply #2
villages give like 20k

but med system is crap for casual players tbh, just gives more dedicated players a chance sleep.

No one wants to do a troll quests 3 times a day till their build is maxed to keep their med up, but meh, people will tell the casuals to open chests and maps, kappa.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #3
open chests and maps

4Head

• Gorf
  • [*]
Reply #4
Not sure how others but my med points are maxed at 200k every day since week #2 after release. And not thanks to villages. Im doing village or two every day, but get no med points since Im already maxed.

It is enough to farm, open chests and doing maps. Yes, villages are the easiest ones I admit, but other options are quite ok too. Doing repeatable quest is not one of them for sure since it lands clode to nothing for too much effort and boredoom. However, these quests are imo not to be meant as primary source of med points anyway. Just compensation for farming lower tier mobs which does not drop maps or keys.
  • Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:03:13 pm by Gorf

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
The most common struggles for players.
Med points.
Gold.
Skill gains.

And the solution is...
Villages, villages villages.

Now you want to say, how do villages give me skill ups.
Well, if you have enough gold you can waste on high tier monsters...never loot...or even get a kill..and still not care because you can afford to waste.

As the doctors always say, a village a day keeps poverty at bay.
Well..maybe they dont say that...but they should.

Reply #6
Not sure how others but my med points are maxed at 200k every day since week #2 after release. And not thanks to villages. Im doing village or two every day, but get no med points since Im already maxed.

It is enough to farm, open chests and doing maps. Yes, villages are the easiest ones I admit, but other options are quite ok too. Doing repeatable quest is not one of them for sure since it lands clode to nothing for too much effort and boredoom. However, these quests are imo not to be meant as primary source of med points anyway. Just compensation for farming lower tier mobs which does not drop maps or keys.

no offence but it sounds like you don't sleep.

med system is supposed to help casual players, people with jobs, not no lifes.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

• Gorf
  • [*]
Reply #7
No, not really. When Im on, I farm. Usually get a key or map. Some maps I buy and venture out to dig them while sometimes run into some pvp. Ussually collect over 10 chaos chests on 1 hour long trip.

But yea, during days when I slack in the city doing nothig it is broken and my med points are going down.

Ask your friends or clan to sell you maps. There is a lot of shitty maps which people with a lot of med points doesnt want to do.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
If I'm honest, if I didn't get med from VCP's, I'd feel a bit fucked. I've no interest in doing maps, and Alfars only get 1 daily dungeon quest, the other hourly quests like trolls are barely worth the time.

I'd likely just say eh, fuck it, my skills are fine.

Need more creative ways to get meditation points for sure.

Reply #9
No, not really. When Im on, I farm. Usually get a key or map. Some maps I buy and venture out to dig them while sometimes run into some pvp. Ussually collect over 10 chaos chests on 1 hour long trip.

But yea, during days when I slack in the city doing nothig it is broken and my med points are going down.

Ask your friends or clan to sell you maps. There is a lot of shitty maps which people with a lot of med points doesnt want to do.

i get my med from villages.

however, I don't want a dead game, cause all the casuals quit, as the catch up mechanic doesnt favour them.

Also, most of the suggestions semi work because population is small.

Handing keys for chests will be horrendous if theres 100 people trying do the same thing in prime time, especially if your all noobs.

Try dig up a map with a high population, and the map is in enemy territory.....

Even doing troll spawns with the round robin kill count with a few people is crap.

• Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 05:43:16 pm by Big Abbo

Reply #10
As a somewhat casual crafter, I struggle with med points as well.

Someone made the suggestion to let you "scavenge" gear for med points.  I really like this idea and sounds simple enough to implement.  This will also help crafters feel like they aren't wasting their time crafting 200 chain sets.
 @Ub3rgames

Reply #11
It really depending on how you are using your med points.  They are a catch up mechanic so you then use them on your lowest skills/stats/abilties.  They will still gain then same number of points per day BUT will cost alot less

Your character will be more rounded and balanced. Also rember everything is front loaded. So getting 2.5 STR at 45 gives you alot more than at 80.

Reply #12
I don't see the point in rushing to get skills. Might want to enjoy the game. We are all going to hit the max skills at some point. Everything hits 100.
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.

• Gorf
  • [*]
Reply #13

i get my med from villages.

however, I don't want a dead game, cause all the casuals quit, as the catch up mechanic doesnt favour them.

Also, most of the suggestions semi work because population is small.

Handing keys for chests will be horrendous if theres 100 people trying do the same thing in prime time, especially if your all noobs.

Try dig up a map with a high population, and the map is in enemy territory.....

Even doing troll spawns with the round robin kill count with a few people is crap.

Im not saying that there should not be more ways to get med pounts than currently is. Im just saying that it is possible to be capped even without villages, but I admit that villages are by far easiest.

Im all for rewarding players by medpoins for almost everything they do actively crafters for crafting, harvesters for harvesting, pve for farming pvp for fighting. Hell I would reward players for selling at market to promote market even.
Grinding med points is dull. Med points should be reward for active play. Ofcourse casual players shoul be able ti get enough med points for progress by playing the way they want and enjoy not forced to do something they dont enjoy just because they need med point.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
During my Power Hour i killed two Gardurocs, one Black Dragon, 4 Doom Spiders. This granted me a large map today. One of those mobs will atleast drop 1 map.

However this is the high end version of solo farming without alts.

In 1 hour you can farm several orange mobs which will mostly drop atleast a small map. You could also go for yellow tier mobs which will grant you atleast a veilron key. Use the ingame map and drop chances on certain items. People buy giant bones, kobold bones leather and thick leather nearly instant. Also wood sells well, yes you can kill mobs that drop wood and steedgradss at the same time = profit.

People nowdays just cant play games that arent hand holding.
  • Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:45:39 am by Niburu
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.