Skip to main content

Topic: Why not play RoA? (Read 2024 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Why not play RoA?
Reply #105
Or why not encourage the developers of both versions to get together and combine the best of both games, and create one game that might actually survive more than a year.

RoA released a unsecured version of the game that people downloaded to break down the code for cheats.

Nobody wants to work with a f****** clown show like that. Strange enough their game is dead as well
Honestly from everything I've read on this it was massively blown out of proportion. If it caused such a massive security breach for both games why aren't there rampant reports of cheaters in game?

@Seronys I truly am starting to see this absurd hive mind of massively biased dnd fanboys and they are  beyond all hope of having a reasonable conversation with. It is like two ostriches talking to each with their heads in the ground saying anyone above ground is an idiot.

Oh that's a great new meme,  I need to find a pic to put soethsay and ivar on :D :D :D
Because neither of the dev team would be willing to work with the other team :)
According to Andrew, BPG tried to convince Ubergames to work together - but Ubergames was unwilling to compromise. In the hindsight I can understand Ubergames decision - BPG were clearly "learning as they go" during first months before and after RoA launch.

The entire unlocked client was available to download when RoA launched.

Andrew from BPG is completely full of shit. BOTH aventurine and Ub3rgames warned RoA about releasing a unsecured client due to their own invested interest . Ub3r released a lengthy statement laying out the communication between aventurine/ub3r and BPG. They wanted to be first (BPG) and didn't want to take the time to compile a secure version and release that.

You wouldn't know about the hacks produced from that leak in RoA. Because a unsecured client shows you all the memory allocations assigned to each game function,  you effectively did 99% of the work for hack sites and now they just have to write a simple UI to insert values to those memory locations.

Ub3rgames stated they had to rush and work on unscheduled back-end stuff which is probably changing the memory locations which companies do to catch cheaters, and that's why people get caught in a ban wave, the old hacks axcess the old memory locations which no longer work and get flagged.

Yep after that event which was day 1, i swore never to play that version of darkfall, the guys are complete clowns.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #106
The entire unlocked client was available to download when RoA launched.

Andrew from BPG is completely full of shit. BOTH aventurine and Ub3rgames warned RoA about releasing a unsecured client due to their own invested interest . Ub3r released a lengthy statement laying out the communication between aventurine/ub3r and BPG. They wanted to be first (BPG) and didn't want to take the time to compile a secure version and release that.

You wouldn't know about the hacks produced from that leak in RoA. Because a unsecured client shows you all the memory allocations assigned to each game function,  you effectively did 99% of the work for hack sites and now they just have to write a simple UI to insert values to those memory locations.

Ub3rgames stated they had to rush and work on unscheduled back-end stuff which is probably changing the memory locations which companies do to catch cheaters, and that's why people get caught in a ban wave, the old hacks axcess the old memory locations which no longer work and get flagged.

haha good thing BPG got their game out first so it could die

what a bunch of incompetent hacks lol

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #107
https://www.riseofagon.com/news/patch-notes/market-system-patch/

Nice new patch by ROA.

Actually i think bpg was smart launching first it soaked up any new players who might of been interested in trying darkfall. Once the drop off happened those people probably were not interested in trying a second darkfall game.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #108
What a bs, as i said in another topic without a full player driven economy, with global banks, mobs that drops everything, and fast traveling an auction house is so pointless and useless that i'm surprised they waste time making one. Crappy game.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #109
What a bs, as i said in another topic without a full player driven economy, with global banks, mobs that drops everything, and fast traveling an auction house is so pointless and useless that i'm surprised they waste time making one. Crappy game.

New dawn is such bs. With resources so plentiful and super easy, completely safe transportation methods, mobs that drop thousands of ore an hour, and nobody contesting you, a marketplace is so pointless and useless that i'm surprised they made one and made it the main selling point of their "new content". Crappy game.
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

• Devil
  • [*][*]
Reply #110

are you kidding I can actually get armor if a guild crafter isnt on or buy some enchant gems if i dont know any high level enchanters. If anything it levels the playing field between the haves and have nots.

Reply #111
RoA did some things right. They also did certain things wrong. New Dawn is absolutely no different. Though it could have been. Came so close to being.

Negatives of RoA:
- Even after over 2 years, the game is still the same mono-playstyle, blind, knockup, screen shake, insta-ray spam, field aoe, wof shitcan fest of a combat meta. Joke of jokes.

- Dev team that is incapable of conducting or presenting themselves professionally. Things like the CEO/Devs openly "liking" posts which disparage their competition merely because it praises their own game. Very much the feel of a perpetual community-driven, "free-shard"-esque project.

- Their entire approach, despite far outpacing New Dawn in social media and far better video content (Ub3rgames has been utterly hopeless in this regard, they just don't have a feel for it), RoA nonetheless, can never shake that realization you're dealing with bonafide amateurs who lack any kind of unified plan or vision for their game except "what sounds good" on a case by case basis in brainstorm sessions. If i'm not mistaken they even "let the community decide" on certain key implementations, which tells you all you need to know.

- I'm sure there are plenty other "micro" issues that RoA players themselves can attest to better than myself (who has never played it nor ever will) that causes even them to presently choose to hang out here.

Negatives of DND:
- Blatantly launched 3-6 months prematurely while having already quite poorly mismanaged InDev. The only logical conclusion to be drawn from the premature launch is they ran out of finances - as, if they had completed the current standing roadmap before having launched, the game would have been in an incomparably better state and enjoyed multipliers of retention. If finances were the issue, there likely were better ways of having gone about it than taking their livelihood and throwing it to the wolves before it was even remotely prepared. You can only "launch" once. Even an honest plea to the community and a kickstarter for the remaining necessary dev-action with an outlined plan would have been far better. Now, look at the community. It is a pit of negativity almost all around. You can blame that on "trolls" if you like, but the sad truth is it's mainly due to the state of the live game.

- Potentially great features like local banking simply not having the appropriate tools or testing (LB was "introduced", what, a week or two before launch?) which would enable their potential to be realized. I strongly have believed and do believe now localization/regionalization is the way to go for Darkfall, but only when appropriately realized. Instead, as things stand, tedium reigns, the gameplay experience is fractured, players grow discontent, and retention is poor.

- Zero new side activities that bring people out into the world, that give "casuals" and non-hardcore PVPers (shit, even hardcore PVPers since there's so little content in the game even they would eat something new up) something to do outside of pure PVP. 2 years of InDev and not a single, minuscule concept of a side-activity in one of the most vast, interesting RPG worlds ever to be made in an MMO. Even RoA has something like this I believe in their new journal/title/whatever-it's-called system.

At this point, you pick your poison and hope for the best. I still believe if any Darkfall is to survive, odds are it will be New Dawn, even despite this rocky climate it finds itself in - and that is because it is the only Darkfall revival with a team that handles themselves professionally while maintaining a clear vision for their product, even if that vision has been presently severely hamstrung by their own mismanagement and foreseen and unforeseen hardships. 6 months to a year from now should be very telling for both projects. For the time being, we continue this 15-year alpha test.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #112
When I quit the inDev at the end of July, I was very disappointed to hear these guys were launching this game in January after logging in at the beginning of December and seeing little to nothing had been done and there was still so much to be done. The coolest thing that I wish would've been implemented by launch would've been the regeneration and cantrips patch. That would've made so many of the early fights more interesting and would've probably enticed more people to play mages. The whole first month felt like mages needed to mindlessly grind while melee archers were under the gun to get as much action as possible before getting bored while avoiding the magic grind.

Reply #113
The alignment shifest going on in DND is totally unacceptable. InDev failed at basics

RoA have a very nice market patch. On the other hand why would they need market in the first place?

I see Grimshit is trying hard to recruit but no success lol

Reply #114
The alignment shifest going on in DND is totally unacceptable. InDev failed at basics

RoA have a very nice market patch. On the other hand why would they need market in the first place?

How dumb do you have to be to think markets won't be useful in RoA?

Reply #115

How dumb do you have to be to STILL think RoA has a future?

Reply #116

How dumb do you have to be to STILL think RoA has a future?

O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)  O:)