Skip to main content

Topic: Bowyer mastery (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

Bowyer mastery
Hi everyone,

I'm curious to know the amount of R50 crafts needed to reach 50 mastery in bowyer. It seems insanely slow already in the 30s and I'm worried... Just to know what I should expect.

Thanks in advance.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Bowyer mastery
Reply #1
Hijacking the thread: why silverbranches aren't at 75 mastery already

@OP
It slows down so hard I doubt anyone reached 50. I might be wrong of course.

Reply #2
How much bows need to craft for getting 0.10 at 30 or 40?
Dolly Monk

Reply #3
My testing (with a bit of fitting and extrapolation) shows it takes ~900 x R50 bows to go from 25 Mastery to 50 Mastery (that is if you only make R50s and no R40s).

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

So... you'd probably want to make a bunch of R40s and only a few R50s

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
Its not so hard like get 100 alchemy.
Dolly Monk

Reply #5
~1400 r40 bows mastery 1-50, made almost exclusively r40 bows

Reply #6
~1400 r40 bows mastery 1-50, made almost exclusively r40 bows

Did the same approx 1.5k r40 bows to mastery 50

Reply #7
After creating 346 R50 bows, I found it was much cost effective to level just R40.  It took me another 1047 R40 bows to finish up going from Level 1 Mastery to Level 50 Mastery. During power hour I only gained 3 levels at a time.  It was 30 R50 bows per level and about 50 R40 bows per level. This number per level does increase to ~75 per level around level 40 Mastery. It was much easier for me togather R40 mats than R50 mats at that rate.

Surprisingly Weaponsmith Mastery from Level 1 Mastery to Level 41 Mastery has taken only 386 R40 and 7 R50 Greataxes using only 2 power hours. The first PH I gained 10 levels and the second was 6 levels.

Weapons Mastery ~4 power hours
Bowyer ~8 power hours.

Leveling crafting in this game is boring that this crafting system needs a revamp. I know Gloria Victis is a little more tedious with all the component crafting you have to do but it was much more entertaining to do than Darkfall crafting. Plus those components you are making at low levels can be used on finished high-end weapons. Not so in Darkfall. We either need salvaging to reuse components or allow crafters to improve on lower tier items. Something needs to be done to improve the entertainment side of crafting and the power hour.

• Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:30:46 pm by Lurtz ZulGhat

Reply #8
@Lurtz ZulGhat I thought about the boring crafting stuff for a few days now, you get to 50 or 100 and you unlock a whole tier of armor, instead of 50 unlocks boots, 52 unlocks gloves, etc. The other part obviously... how shallow it is, I feel like crafts should be modular with more common resources being used in generic components that can be used for most crafts - for example a base grip part is used in all bows (made from basic materials) and then the limbs of the bow or the bowstring can be put together to decide what bow is made - in turn you could justify that the grip can have it's own quality or grade and let the crafter decide if they want that part to be used for a good bow or an average bow.

The end result should be that low level crafts can be re-used in high end crafts. Not in a dull grinding kind of way, but in a way that makes crafters feel like everything they make is useful in some way. Maybe that would also require salvaging, but salvaging alone won't fix how shallow the craft process is.

Reply #9
25-26 mastery = 17 r50 bows, just for info.
Dolly Monk

Reply #10
I thought about the boring crafting stuff for a few days now, you get to 50 or 100 and you unlock a whole tier of armor, instead of 50 unlocks boots, 52 unlocks gloves, etc. The other part obviously...
You totally right, thats pretty good suggestion, what must be done with all crafts.

For example, alchemy:
50lvl: blackbolt, deerstick
75lvl: DS, LS
100lvl: Cobra, Race staff, CorpseCaller

Why didnt make BB on lvl 55, LS on lvl 60, DS on 75, Race on 85, Cobra on 95 and DS on 100?
At now we are forced to craft a bunch of things that we will never spend to get to the need level crafting. We are forced to produce the same materials in tons. Same with herbalism, armorsmith, cooking, weaponsmith and all others.
it is necessary to make crafting progress in small steps. At now craft like spells in DF1: a lot changes only at 25,50,75,100. But between levels TOO MUCH time. In this case it is very easy to improve the positive experience of players

And its pretty easy to implement, actualy. @Ub3rgames,  just DO xml changes, please.
  • Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:57:34 am by xsevenbeta
Dolly Monk

Reply #11
25-26 mastery = 17 r50 bows, just for info.
And from 43 to 44 Bowyer mastery it took 45 R50 bows.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #12
R40 is about 20 bows higher than R50. Wood is easy to get and the R40 is much cheaper in gold and rares.

• memes
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Wood is easy to get

only for altfallers

for everyone else: don't bother you're never going to get to even r40's

altfall doesn't exist (c) ubergames

Reply #14
Wood is easy to get

only for altfallers

for everyone else: don't bother you're never going to get to even r40's

altfall doesn't exist (c) ubergames

What is easier to get?
R40 - 675 wood Wood, 6000 gold
R50 - 500 wood, 50 veilron Ingots, and 18000 gold per level

Make 75 R40? Or 50 R50? 

This is per level around 40 mastery.

Even with an army of alts camping the sel vel mine. R40 is still easier to level with in comparison.

Thus wood is much easier to get. I can get an extra 175 wood and 6000 gold much much faster than I can get 50 veilron ingots and 18,000 gold.

Whether we have alts or not my statement is still true. The problem is ub3r needs to revamp this.

Yes fix the alt problem.
Yes fix the grind problem and cost.
  • Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 08:28:00 pm by Lurtz ZulGhat