Skip to main content

Topic: Message for developers from leaving players. (Read 5639 times) previous topic - next topic

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Message for developers from leaving players.
Reply #75
I want to be a professional Darkfall player so that I too, 
know when the current system is borked.

But I don't have either the time or level of commitment to bring myself up
to that level to determine where the system is failing within my current gameplay style.

One day.... one day, I too will be a professional Darkfall Player,  and then, and only then can I provide
relevant feedback.

Reply #76
Goes to show you how many ADHD kids there are. lol bye!
NomeD Starwind -  NomeD Ivel

Reply #77
The Stanford marshmallow experiment was a series of studies on delayed gratification in the late 1960s and early 1970s led by psychologist Walter Mischel, then a professor at Stanford University.

In these studies, a child was offered a choice between one small reward provided immediately or two small rewards (i.e., a larger later reward) if they waited for a short period, approximately 15 minutes, during which the tester left the room and then returned. (The reward was sometimes a marshmallow, but often a cookie or a pretzel.)

In follow-up studies, the researchers found that children who were able to wait longer for the preferred rewards tended to have better life outcomes, as measured by SAT scores, educational attainment, body mass index (BMI), and other life measures.

Sadly - not everyone can avoid taking the first marshmallow.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #78
I have noticed the markets in the main trading hubs greatly improving a lot in the last few days. I'm selling q3 mats , I'm selling pretty much all my r40 staffs and r80 staffs for 5k and even still selling some r 20 weapons. I think with levels it's just going to get better from here

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #79
I have noticed the markets in the main trading hubs greatly improving a lot in the last few days. I'm selling q3 mats , I'm selling pretty much all my r40 staffs and r80 staffs for 5k and even still selling some r 20 weapons. I think with levels it's just going to get better from here

The higher level gear the less competition you'll have as crafters drop off the grind and the big crafters start funneling it all into their clans instead.

Reply #80
We, for the most part, used to play a game that we loved. But this game failed.
We all have expectation coming from our old DFO experiences. But this is not DFO.
That's for the most part what i can read here.
And i'm not telling everything is perfect, very far from it actually.

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #81
I'm selling pretty much all my r40 staffs and r80 staffs for 5k and even still selling some r 20 weapons. I think with levels it's just going to get better from here
Yo ....  I still have 117 R20 Great Swords ....  do you believe I have a chance to sell them on the Market ?
I'm trying like hell to get rid of the excess, any help would be most appreciated...

Vendoring them is an option, but at a great loss........

Reply #82
I'm selling pretty much all my r40 staffs and r80 staffs for 5k and even still selling some r 20 weapons. I think with levels it's just going to get better from here
Yo ....  I still have 117 R20 Great Swords ....  do you believe I have a chance to sell them on the Market ?
I'm trying like hell to get rid of the excess, any help would be most appreciated...

You have the wrong mindset kiddo. Crafting weapons at low tiers should cost a great amount. Once you can craft R60s+ is when you start making the $$.

Look at it like a business, for the first couple years your profit margin is in the red but once it gets going your all green.

Reply #83
The whole not being able to switch titles thing is Aids...
As new patches come out it makes no sense to be stuck after they nerf whatever you choose at the beginning.

They could do a title Respec system with a 22 hour cooldown that costs 10k gold for a respec then an additional 5k everytime you do it (Like praying).
Also make it so you don't lose your title level that way you can switch back if you really want too but it will be expensive.
Something like that...

Reply #84
At least titles level up over time, you don't have to actively grind them. Once you've got the skill gains associated with a title, you've got them for life.

Reply #85
Titles are cool but the length of time for unlocking ABILITIES is fucking stupid

I'm fine with giving up 4% potency when switching to a new weapon but im NOT fine with having to wait 30 days for sieze or 15 days for a key spell

What the fuck is wrong with letting people experiment and change builds when they get bored or don't like what they picked?

Maybe not anytime they want, but once every 24 hours or something...

The way it is now is pure cancer

P.S. fuck Diversity anyway, it's overrated

People are going to quit over this or at least go inactive for a month just because @Ub3rgames has to be stubborn AF

Reply #86

Put a q1 transmute on them and they will sell overnight.  I saved my low rank swords to level enchanting.  I made over 100 transmutes and they all sold for 600 gold each.  I am sure I could have gotten more but I just wanted to move them.  I also sold a bunch of r20's for 20 gold per just because, and they sold also.  I was surprise the r20's sold to be honest.

Reply #87
Titles are cool but the length of time for unlocking ABILITIES is fucking stupid

I'm fine with giving up 4% potency when switching to a new weapon but im NOT fine with having to wait 30 days for sieze or 15 days for a key spell

What the fuck is wrong with letting people experiment and change builds when they get bored or don't like what they picked?

Maybe not anytime they want, but once every 24 hours or something...

The way it is now is pure cancer

P.S. fuck Diversity anyway, it's overrated

People are going to quit over this or at least go inactive for a month just because @Ub3rgames has to be stubborn AF

RoA rogue agent. Stop trolling and find a career.

Reply #88
even the ROA trolls don't want to go back to ROA.

Signature quality!

Reply #89
Diversity has nothing to do timegated abilities tbh. Fair enough it will prevent FOTM, as well as help a casual player reach signature spells faster.

But with all the frontloading to skills, alot has been done already. However, when people who played since launch actually reaches max titles, your basically negating whatever change you did to minimize the skillcap (or at least making it bigger), as a new player has to wait 2 months before he can get signature spells/abilities. Hell it's even worse for the crafters who are gonna make banded when we are selling dragon armor! Good luck selling that....

I wouldn't mind being able to meditate titles, or even dumping pure meditation points into it for instant gains once the first people reach max titles

Call me a RoA fanboy as much as you please. Fact is I've been supporting DnD's vision all along, but this isn't really thought through at all
  • Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:39:15 am by Janitch