Skip to main content

Topic: Binds (Read 365 times) previous topic - next topic

Binds
I need some help with my setup.

I have a AHK script that rebinds mouse wheel up and down to power attack and whirlwind this works great as long as I'm not pressing my sprint key (left shift), if I am then the mwheel up/down won't trigger. I know the easy way around this is to toggle sprint on but I don't want to do that because of the way mounts work and I always forget and end up with no stamina when riding a mount. I'm just so used to pressing shift to sprint in games I don't see a reason to learn to not press it. Someone suggested I rebind my sprint key to say "k" and then use AHK to send the "k" key when I press LShift, I've tried but can't get it to work as my AHK knowledge is barely existent. I tried remapping say w::e works but when I tried LShift::k nothing happened.

Does anyone have another suggestion or willing to write the script I need?

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Binds
Reply #1
There is a character you can put in front of the character that tells it to ignore modifiers. I can not remember what that is as I do not macro my controls anymore, but you can search it up I'm sure.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

Reply #2
Many thanks, works like a charm.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
short question. I guess you have disabled mouse wheel weapon switch ? Why do you use AHK to sign skills to mousewheel up and down ? Cant you do this in the binding config ?
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #4
@HexD  that's "*"
*WheelDown::
*WheelUp::

Wildcard: Fire the hotkey even if extra modifiers are being held down.

Reply #5
Ye, got it working thanks. Annoyed at how simple it was to fix lol.

In case anyone else wants to use it:

Code: [Select]
#IfWinActive Darkfall: New Dawn
*WheelDown::
   Send, ]
return
#IfWinActive

#IfWinActive Darkfall: New Dawn
*WheelUp::
   Send, [
return
#IfWinActive
  • Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:53:45 pm by HexD

Reply #6
short question. I guess you have disabled mouse wheel weapon switch ? Why do you use AHK to sign skills to mousewheel up and down ? Cant you do this in the binding config ?

I think you can only do one skill/spell to both up and down on the wheel. I remember reading a dev saying you can bind in game but you have to scroll both ways for it to accept the input. Maybe there is a way to do it in the config file but I didn't know the command and someone else told me they used a script so I just went with that.
  • Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:58:59 pm by HexD

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7

I think you can only do one skill/spell to both up and down on the wheel. I remember reading a dev saying you can bind in game but you have to scroll both ways for it to accept the input. Maybe there is a way to do it in the config file but I didn't know the command and someone else told me they used a script so I just went with that.

When iam home i will check my config file. Will report back if it can be done without AHK.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.