Skip to main content

Topic: Why never no gofund me ? (Read 359 times) previous topic - next topic

Why never no gofund me ?
just curious to why neither company never tried 2 crowdfund the game ? every darkfall version lacked money lacked resources and developer man power! maybe except UW but still

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Why never no gofund me ?
Reply #1
Because the results would probably be depressing.

Reply #2
because they can get money through subscriptions

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
because they can get money through alts
fixed that for you m8
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #4
Because they probably still would have launched early. They can't be hurting on funds...The overhead is pretty much non existant. Just paying for development(which like DFO, ROA is going absurdly slow).

By the time they do release anything substantial a large chunk of the player base will have left. Wish these developers would have a bunch of content updates done during beta. QOL and bugs should have been taken care of in alpha.

Reply #5
@amejis85
Because we didn't need to.
We had what we needed for the initial development drive from personal funds, and InDev provided the rest.
We have created a team of a realistic size to be sustainable and we met our sales objectives.
More would be nice but would also not change much in the short term. If growth continues as is, we'll add on to the team.

@IsilithTehroth
There was no alpha or beta, InDev was a pre-season to get people to wait while we develop the minimum required for a fresh world.
The context of re-releasing an old game meant that we could focus on reworking flaws over adding new content. That's a luxury very few developers have.
We now have a sturdier foundation to build and add upon. Post release content is also a much better marketing tool.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
@amejis85
Because we didn't need to.
We had what we needed for the initial development drive from personal funds, and InDev provided the rest.
We have created a team of a realistic size to be sustainable and we met our sales objectives.
More would be nice but would also not change much in the short term. If growth continues as is, we'll add on to the team.

@IsilithTehroth
There was no alpha or beta, InDev was a pre-season to get people to wait while we develop the minimum required for a fresh world.
The context of re-releasing an old game meant that we could focus on reworking flaws over adding new content. That's a luxury very few developers have.
We now have a sturdier foundation to build and add upon. Post release content is also a much better marketing tool.
is it true you purposely made alts ridiculously useful to boost sales? considering I see nothing about addressing the alts in your "progress updates" @Ub3rgames
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
is it true you purposely made alts ridiculously useful to boost sales? considering I see nothing about addressing the alts in your "progress updates" @Ub3rgames

Alts are no needed, only fools that want do everything themselves use them, is their money so if they want to spend into this good for them and good for the devs. Rest of us will rely on the AH, that is more than enought to advance in the game without wasting our time in useless and timesink tasks.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #8

Alts are no needed, only fools that want do everything themselves use them, is their money so if they want to spend into this good for them and good for the devs. Rest of us will rely on the AH, that is more than enought to advance in the game without wasting our time in useless and timesink tasks.
Darkfall is not PAY2WIN. That's all that matters. No lootboxes, just real gameplay.

That can actually serve as a good marketing point with so many games pushing for lootboxes.

Btw if everyone takes 1 crafting for their guild the entire clan is covered for all gear needs. But people wanted pure pvp builds so they had to keep all 5 slots available, not that this hurts the game in any way - just more money for Ub3rCoffers.

Reply #9

Darkfall is not PAY2WIN. That's all that matters. No lootboxes, just real gameplay.

That can actually serve as a good marketing point with so many games pushing for lootboxes.

Btw if everyone takes 1 crafting for their guild the entire clan is covered for all gear needs. But people wanted pure pvp builds so they had to keep all 5 slots available, not that this hurts the game in any way - just more money for Ub3rCoffers.

You cant give one craft to 10 different people or you will need to level 7 enchanters (8 when jewelry comes back) and that is one of the main flaws of their enchanting design, it forces crafting consolidation so once you have 1 enchantable craft you might as well have 4 or 5.

Reply #10
@amejis85

@IsilithTehroth

The context of re-releasing an old game meant that we could focus on reworking flaws over adding new content.
You dont need to add content in a unknown game,because your content will not bring additional permanent players to the game.
UW was made with players suggestions and they added content there,and what happened?ITS CLOSED NOW.
Also,after every new patch people will come to the game,,to see changes,yeah,but not for a long time.
  • Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:07:45 pm by 4ifirnul