• [*][*][*][*][*]
Progress update
Nothing about alignment and racial warfare? @Ub3rgames

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Progress update
Reply #1
Quote from: Ub3rgames
A medium term roadmap with more juicy features that are coming after these are delivered will be published early next week.
Stay tuned on this thread for regular progress updates as we complete/start various projects.

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,8612.0.html
  • Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:39:49 pm by SoethThoth

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #2
@Ub3rgames Why no mention of Infliction school? Will that be in the Cantrips/regen patch or will i still have to wait before my "Infliction Mage" title is useful?

Reply #3

-Goold rewards for individual characters are changed from hourly to instantly given into the character's backpack, if online within the VCP at the time of capture.

Perfect change if combined with increasing the Log Out timer to 2 minutes or more & encumbered 5 minutes or something.

Stop people using these scripts to log out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQj5tweWEpU

Reply #4
ARAC clans alignment are just as important as magic changes to me.  I was extremely disappointed to see quality of life features on that list while the game still does not meet the anticipated features for launch. 

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
ARAC clans alignment are just as important as magic changes to me.  I was extremely disappointed to see quality of life features on that list while the game still does not meet the anticipated features for launch. 

^ ARAC penalties are absolutely top priority.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Meth
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Well guess we're not sieging still.... wooohooo
Quote from: Ub3rgames
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.

The writing of this reply has taken a bit more than a full man-day.

Reply #7
@gosti @makraiz @Fnights
That's the next step. We'll be publishing a roadmap very similar in format to what we had during InDev.
It will be showcasing changes coming Right now/Short term/medium term.

This progress update thread is to showcase stuff that are right now in the middle of development and close enough to be worth talking about.
As we've said in the past, the first month was always meant to be about extinguishing fires.
That list is a list of nearly all remaining fires.

ARAC penalties and kill rewards/death penalties are going to be started next.

@Crucifilth
It is where we say "rework of existing schools."
Infliction Magic and Raw Magic are part of that.

@rawrgasm
Yes. At the very least, after the change, people should be rewarded for crossing the world to get VCPs, and even coming back after a wipe to get the gold off the victors.

Logging off to evade PvP is an issue, we just haven't had time to move on that front while we conclude our current changes.
As we commented in the thread in "bugs and feedback", it is on the table but is more technical than it sounds to do it properly.
We wouldn't want solo players crashing to get punished by the mechanic too harshly.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8

Helter Skelter!

Reply #9
My spider senses are sensing less lag spikes in the near future with players not resubbing. Should boost server performance though! Gotta look on the bright side!

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10

Thanks you for the great update guys.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #11
When?

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12

Reply #13
@Crucifilth

Thanks for the response. How long are we looking at for the rework? Infliction Mage title right now is pretty useless for both PVE and PVP. The wait just makes me want to switch off the infliction title and pick something else so i can actually enjoy the game with  a fully implemented title..

• Porch
  • [*][*]
Reply #14
@gosti @makraiz @Fnights
That's the next step. We'll be publishing a roadmap very similar in format to what we had during InDev.
It will be showcasing changes coming Right now/Short term/medium term.

This progress update thread is to showcase stuff that are right now in the middle of development and close enough to be worth talking about.
As we've said in the past, the first month was always meant to be about extinguishing fires.
That list is a list of nearly all remaining fires.

@Crucifilth

@rawrgasm
Yes. At the very least, after the change, people should be rewarded for crossing the world to get VCPs, and even coming back after a wipe to get the gold off the victors.

Logging off to evade PvP is an issue, we just haven't had time to move on that front while we conclude our current changes.
As we commented in the thread in "bugs and feedback", it is on the table but is more technical than it sounds to do it properly.
We wouldn't want solo players crashing to get punished by the mechanic too harshly.

Will Those of us who don't have indev toons be able to race change?