Skip to main content

Topic: Good and bad shit (Read 958 times) previous topic - next topic

Good and bad shit
Curious now that we're at almost a month what people's thoughts are on things, let's get a good feedback thread to help the devs. For format post 2 too 3 things you like about dnd and 2 - 3 you don't:

<>New meta balance in pvp and sweet titles system
<>Heavy localisation on everything including markets being local only and no fast travel Crapo

Dislikes:
<> Launch numbers were disappointing, finding most outer markets still empty, hoping this picks up soon!
<>Devs being a bit quiet and delayed magic patch/ warfronts
<>Community eating itself lately,  hoping the trolls and fanboys standoff gets moderated out of this forum!

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Good and bad shit
Reply #1
<>Everything

Dislike
<>Nothing

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #2
<>Everything

Dislike
<>Nothing
TRUTH HAS BEEN SPOKEN, LET ME DESTROY HIM WITH FACTS.

>LAUNCH NUMBERS ARE TREMENDOUS, NOT EVERY MARKET NEEDS TO HAVE STUFF IN THEM.
>DEVS ARE CODING NEW PATCHES, ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO SPEND TIME ON FORUMS?
>RoA AGENTS EVERYWHERE, OUR COMMUNITY IS GREAT.

WE HAVE ALREADY TRIED TO USE THE POWER OF ANIME TO EXPEL THEM, BUT THEY HAVE NO LIFE.

Reply #3
Like:
Local banking
Villages in my time zone
Meditation is given out like candy if you are blue

Dislike:
No new content
No new content
No new content
No new content
No new content
No new content
Why didn't you put in new content before launching???
Markets are not useful
Grinding skills

Reply #4

Dislikes:
<> The toxic forum community and RoA trolls

Reply #5
<>Everything

Dislike
<>Nothing

Textbook case of whos opinion you dont take into account right here folks.

Like:
- Changes in PVP meta combat, a lot more fun to see more diverse playstyles.
- Marketplaces, besides being mostly barren, are still a nice addition to Darkfall.
- Incentive to take and hold villages
- Incentive to PVP together
- Being able to respawn near a death
- New Armours

Dislike:
- Time-gated titles: Only serve to severely limit and punish players - not fun, not rewarding.
- Not a lot of mobs worth farming/loot tables raped
- Not being able to respawn at your own holding on death
- Traits on armour seems like unnecessary convolution. The same thing could have been accomplished through the title system and encumbrance on armours.
- Releasing the game too early.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
You have been very well behaved lately @Seronys

Since you have not been acting like a two year old retard I am sure people are more willing to take your opinions into consideration.

Bravo.

Reply #7

Since you have not been acting like a two year old retard I am sure people are more willing to take your opinions into consideration.

Bravo.

Might have something to do with the toxic community coming to the realization that it is it's own worst enemy that people like me thrive on.

Besides, seems like other people got me covered.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Maybe you are realizing deep down you are a Fanboi and have a chance at getting invited to the invitational.

Reply #9
No bindstone recall

Like/dislike spawn scaling with better loot, dislike the meta of skilling up on gardocs for gains where every other grind seems 1000% times slower
Like/dislike, like and hate local banking I feel its to local
Like/dislike The UI, its better, but not as good as Roa from what I heard

Dislike
getting mandrake
Alchemy title 24 days for rank 40

Reply #10
Love spawn scaling, some spawns are really challenging at higher levels and it requires excellent teamwork to do them efficiently.
Love villages becoming pvp hotspots, we definitely need more hotspot content though.
Game performance is amazing compared to what it used to be.

A title system is interesting but it is badly implemented.

Hate how much of an impact alts have on the game, whether it be for crafting, pve or now even pvp at villages.
Hate the "loot table apocalypse". That's all it was, an apocalypse, everything interesting is gone. Literally all that is left is gold, reagents and arrows. The only thing that made this more interesting was the addition of addition crafting materials, otherwise the majority of the world would be worthless.

In reality the core content of the game has not changed much at all. In fact a lot of content has been removed or disabled. At the start of indev the game was progressing at quite a constant rate, nice quality of life patches here and there, spawn scaling was the best surprise we couldve hoped for. After the new traits on armour were added the progression fell down a steep hill and hasn't quite recovered, I feel like not much at all has changed since then.  Titles were added without a decent testing period which only points in the direction of a rushed launch.

I'm sad that ub3r seemed to be doing so well and have slowed down to the point where it looks like nothing is happening. I love this game and hope they can recover and release at least a bit of content at regular intervals.

Reply #11
-local banking
-racewars

Dislikes:
-missing comfort features for sellers/traders on marketplace
-friends quitting the game because it still has a horrible NPE + accessibility
-several features which seem rushed into the game and need polish
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #12

Bravo.

Might have something to do with the toxic community coming to the realization that it is it's own worst enemy that people like me thrive on.

Besides, seems like other people got me covered.

go back to roa scrub
New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

Reply #13
Like:
Local banking
Villages in my time zone
Meditation is given out like candy if you are blue

Dislike:
No new content
No new content
No new content
No new content
No new content
No new content
Why didn't you put in new content before launching???
Markets are not useful
Grinding skills

markets are partially useful, its just they've died down due to the lack of updates and communication so people are just offline meditating waiting for patches, 4 weeks and 1 particular change, compared to the "straight after launch" stuff, it's just gone full mute mode and "no its not" when stuff is clearly pointed out of being broken.

grinding is no where near as bad as DF1, so that im fine with lol.

definitely think they released too early though.

Reply #14
Curious now that we're at almost a month what people's thoughts are on things, let's get a good feedback thread to help the devs. For format post 2 too 3 things you like about dnd and 2 - 3 you don't:

<>New meta balance in pvp and sweet titles system
<>Heavy localisation on everything including markets being local only and no fast travel Crapo

Dislikes:
<> Launch numbers were disappointing, finding most outer markets still empty, hoping this picks up soon!
<>Devs being a bit quiet and delayed magic patch/ warfronts
<>Community eating itself lately,  hoping the trolls and fanboys standoff gets moderated out of this forum!

Agree to an extent, i like the new title system, though i think it could do with more being locked behind titles but a little less time gated. Dont agree with the current meta balance though, game is just full of melee rush as magic sucks ass currently lol.
  • Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:51:45 pm by Dorf Ironbeard