Skip to main content

Topic: Please update us on the progress made towards the Racial Warfare/Allignmen Patch (Read 1093 times) previous topic - next topic

Please update us on the progress made towards the Racial Warfare/Allignmen Patch
This particular feature of the game was the entire premise of New Dawn and should have been included at launch.  Race changes have been available and processed accordingly.  Cross Racial trade and alliances have run rampant throughout the server since launch.  When should we expect the patch?  Please Update us to the progress, if any has been made in regards to this issue.
Noah Scape - Supreme General of Seek and Destroy

Let the Race Wars begin!   PVP, PVE, DISCORD, SIEGES & FRIENDS

Seek and  Destroy recruiting Blue Alfars.
 /tell Knut Cup or Nilrema Southshaw or salty McPatriot  if interested in joining our ranks.

Re: Please update us on the progress made towards the Racial Warfare/Allignmen Patch
Reply #1
This is actually the main factor for me on deciding whether or not to resub. 

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Please update us on the progress made towards the Racial Warfare/Allignmen Patch
Reply #2
Me want

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #3
+1

I understand that the magic patch is priority one right now, which is as it should be, since that was supposed to be in at launch and is integral to the basic gameplay mechanics of DF as u wish to see them.

But Faction warfare mechanics were supposed to be the first content patch, and you desperately need one. If you dont have at least some real info on whats happening with that by 2 months you can expect most of the pop to let their subs run out, since theres nothing to really do in game except grind skills. Like sure u can go farm or raid a city but theres no real reason to do it. people fighting for villages mostly dont even need them. its just an excuse to fight knowing theres gunna be people there. u might as well put a timer on a blank spot on the map and agree to show up when its at 0.

You need to create things for people to do, and let player interaction happen organically. These systems of forced player interaction with timers is not content and is the same mistake made by past DF's. Ur focus needs to be on things like faction warfare. goals players can set like capturing faction territory, increasing standings with factions, getting some unlock or reward for their faction warfare points, achievements in FW, etc etc. Those goals should be the primary focus, not the fight or lootbag. Then people have a reason to be there and care about what happens. Its much more meaningful than what might as well be preset group duels for all the difference it makes right now.
Dont let your memes be dreams

Reply #4
The Alignment changes are even more critical than the magic changes, and that's from someone with Raw magic Titled and no school.

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Definitely want some nice new content. Sooner than later but I understand it takes time. Updates would be nice to have.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I feel like a bully whenever I fight a mage, I don't mind fighting my own race though.

But some objectives other than VCPs that flip daily would be nice.

Theres so much you could do. Racial leaderboards that provide titles or dumb rewards like cosmetics, spawn locations in captured territory, increased gathering rates, campaign events. Some depth.

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Very important and something I consider the backbone design of their vision.
Needs to happen yesterday.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,579.0.html

Look in this thread under racial warfronts and you will see some of the stuff they have planned for the race wars.

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,579.0.html

Look in this thread under racial warfronts and you will see some of the stuff they have planned for the race wars.

We don't need to know WHAT they have planned. We want to know that it's not going to land 6 months to a year from now (it will), after everyone who doesn't have severe autism has quit because there's next to nothing to do in the game right now besides villages and meditation.

Reading comprehension. Difficult for those of us with special needs I guess. Or maybe you're just a special kind of stupid.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
We don't need to know WHAT they have planned.

You act like every person who reads the forums knows this stuff.

They do not.

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
We don't need to know WHAT they have planned.

You act like every person who reads the forums knows this stuff.

They do not.

The OP SPECIFICALLY asked "When should we expect the patch?  Please Update us to the progress, if any has been made in regards to this issue."

See the word "WHEN" up there? Not what, but when.

Basic. Reading. Comprehension.

Reply #12
This was on my personal minimum viable product to launch with list, still 100% believe it should have been there. Now they have magic to finish, some more not complete alignment changes followed by watchtowers before this even hits the radar.
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #13
They again listened to vets and decided to patch magic schools instead. ARAC clans and ARAC alliances penalties will have to wait. They will introduce them though, right after all the players that demand them leave.
  • Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:04:34 am by wildNothing

Reply #14
they've already said, it's a "big issue" but it's coming after the magic patch, it's taken a month already and they only just started working on it this week, so my guess is april/may time, if the games still alive, they say that the looting of graves was more of an issue to fix (3 weeks to do it) lol.

edit:

They again listened to vets and decided to patch magic schools instead. ARAC clans and ARAC alliances penalties will have to wait. They will introduce them though, right after all the players that demand them leave.

they didn't listen to vets, they've said that they refuse to listen to veteran players because its those that hinder the development, they want new blood, people who intend to try and hopefully stick around, there arent enough vets to keep the game alive again, so again, magic is worked on now, ARAC and blueblocking after, then maybe June or so time will be either watchtowers, seatowers or racial events of actually giving people something for defending their homeland, a means to travel to pvp.

They really don't want to fix the villages either, but they are going to cause of all the complaints, they see players making 100-200k a day from afking is "a lot less than 20 people at a spawn for 10 mins, should be making a lot more than 100k-200k a day"
  • Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:26:00 am by Saraski