Skip to main content

Topic: How Titles really work ~ (Read 1311 times) previous topic - next topic

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: How Titles really work ~
Reply #30
When will you understand darkfall shouldn't be about combat ONLY? 3 darkfall failed already because of this. 4th is trying different approach.

Maybe if/when they implement other content into the game, because right now combat IS THE content. But the core content of an RvR kingdom builder game, or whatever grand vision uber has... is going to be combat. Hate to break it to ya.

Thats why I wrote shouldn't, not isn't. Let's hope the game doesn't die before they introduce sth good.

Btw is eve online PvP only game? I mean it's a conquest game. I'll answer- for me it was, but for traders, builders or pve nerds it was not.

Same for uo. Some ppl cared only about stuff in their houses.

Eve has a lot of great content though, hopefully DF can add some cool content as well. Right now it's basically impossible for me to justify taking non-combat titles with the current state of the game. Having one or two crafting skills is an extremely minor benefit because I'm still going to have to fill out my bags from other crafters (which is a good thing). But I'd much rather just farm/fight more efficiently and hit up two crafters (alts lul) to fill my bags than craft a few pieces myself and hit up said alts for the rest.

There were tons of reasons to train non-combat skills in Eve, my character had 4/5 and 5/5 in all exploration skills (even the ones that took like a month to get from 4/5 to 5/5) because exploration was fun to me and a great source of income.

Reply #31
@TheCartographer

I agree with what you said. I just wanted to show visually what the real numbers are, how minor the difference between the two extremes really are (full pvp set vs crafter) so we could discuss  some of the real problems with titles.

-when things are getting unlocked
-we are missing a substantial amount of reworked title spells

Reply #32
The 1.2damage is pretty big deal when fighting metal/bone. But i see no issue with that. Those who care about that get all combat titles and an alt if they want to craft, good for devs, more money for them.

Reply #33
Those in the know go 4 combat 1 craft/harvest

Reply #34
Lmfao

Sure thing bruv, feel free to not take full combat titles

I'll enjoy the free lootbags 😂😂 while I make sure no one in my clan is gimping themselves with such retardation.

Fellow non-scrubs: leave them to it. If people are are so stupidly stubborn at supporting ub3rs "hybrids are viable" thing then let them reap the consequences. More loot for us
Dont let your memes be dreams

Reply #35
OP very nice work! Thanks!

Reply #36
I think the real take away here is that title bonuses are laughable but I'll still take my +3% damage and free q1 stam eff.

Reply #37
keep diverting the subject to percentages when the actual problem is skill unlocks.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #38
keep diverting the subject to percentages when the actual problem is skill unlocks.

keep diverting the subject to skill unlocks the actual problem is bad aim.
"Gotta put the master encryption code here..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975oMBaK9gM

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
Why is that not a sticky
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #40
When will you understand darkfall shouldn't be about combat ONLY? 3 darkfall failed already because of this. 4th is trying different approach.

Maybe if/when they implement other content into the game, because right now combat IS THE content. But the core content of an RvR kingdom builder game, or whatever grand vision uber has... is going to be combat. Hate to break it to ya.

Thats why I wrote shouldn't, not isn't. Let's hope the game doesn't die before they introduce sth good.

Btw is eve online PvP only game? I mean it's a conquest game. I'll answer- for me it was, but for traders, builders or pve nerds it was not.

hopefully DF can add some cool content as well. R
if they add content,it will not bring even 200 additional players to the UNKNOWN game.They wasting their time while working with content and patches.
Oh wait,they already did very cool content and released DF UW and they made it with ur suggestions.WHERE IT IS NOW?CLOSED.
Game succes is not about content.
  • Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:37:56 pm by 4ifirnul

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #41

hopefully DF can add some cool content as well. R
if they add content,it will not bring even 200 additional players to the UNKNOWN game.They wasting their time while working with content and patches.
Oh wait,they already did very cool content and released DF UW and they made it with ur suggestions.WHERE IT IS NOW?CLOSED.
Game succes is not about content.

UW shot itself in the face well before they added any kind of content whatsoever. Did you play their "fully ready for release alpha test"? You know, the one where no items were persistent at all after they had been saying for months that the game was ready to launch. Took them like a month to fix it so you didn't log in naked with an empty bank every time you logged out.

If I remember correctly there was a super bad memory leak of some sort too where most people crashed after 30 minutes of playing.

Don't even remember how long it took them to add all their "classes" to the game (it was a long, long time though).

But yeah keep telling yourself that players don't want content and that UW died despite having content. What sweet sandbox content did it have that DFO didn't have anyways? I honestly can't remember.

• Azdul
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #42
Combat is too wide term. The end game of New Dawn is large scale conflict / territorial control. Small scale open world PvP is as unimportant to the endgame as high sec PvP is to EvE endgame.

Just because there are null-sec conflicts in EvE which destroys tons of expensive stuff, other playstyles are possible. High sec PvP in EvE and small scale open world PvP cannot carry game by itself - it is simply too cheap in resources and gold.

In that context titles, or even individual PvP skills hardly matter. Clan that is playing (or will be playing) endgame will field 20+ people each time they want to win - and they will win, even if some in the group will have crafting titles, or the combat experience of killing 50 goblins.

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
Combat is too wide term. The end game of New Dawn is large scale conflict / territorial control. Small scale open world PvP is as unimportant to the endgame as high sec PvP is to EvE endgame.

Just because there are null-sec conflicts in EvE which destroys tons of expensive stuff, other playstyles are possible. High sec PvP in EvE and small scale open world PvP cannot carry game by itself - it is simply too cheap in resources and gold.

In that context titles, or even individual PvP skills hardly matter. Clan that is playing (or will be playing) endgame will field 20+ people each time they want to win - and they will win, even if some in the group will have crafting titles, or the combat experience of killing 50 goblins.

Sure, but Eve has a lot more content than combat. Darkfall, currently, does not. Unless you consider semi-AFK hitting nodes for resources to be content (I don't).

You PVP small scale, you PVP large scale (which probably won't happen except for out of boredom because right now almost every holding in the game is worthless), you do combat to progress your character (unless you're a pure crafter), etc etc. Once DF has more sand, other titles may become appealing. Currently, with combat being the only content... I'll stick to combat titles above all others and leave crafting to alts.

Numbers in DF mean a lot less than in Eve. I'd bet my entire bank that the top 5 players from my clan could trounce 20 players who's only combat experience in DF is killing 50 goblins 5 vs 20.

Reply #44
A lot of incorrect or misinformed posts about titles concerning what they do AND do not do ("gimping my character OMG!!1!" ITS ALL ABOUT THE ALT'S !1!!!) on the forums here that can be very misleading to new players.
yeah, and your post is one of them (incorrect / misinformed).
Titles on their own are not a big problem. But titles implemented on top of armor traits are. All your calculations are shit because of how titles and armor traits influence each other and produce final numbers (title * trait). Gap widens much much more.