Re: Ruby Left Clicking
Reply #15
auto attacking players wearing 2 tiers lower than you, this looked like wow pve

Reply #16
best time in game now,you can kill all with r50

Reply #17
jesus!  WTB server near me so i can have 30 ping too.   goddamn man, with that ping your GS has the same reach as my PA when chasing someone down.  you might actually be hitting farther dthan i am really.   when are w e getting a new york server ?

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
auto attacking players wearing 2 tiers lower than you, this looked like wow pve

In fairness it was only really the last fights where we were undergeared, we had to rush back to get a fight before they left all the villages after capping.

The first fights we weren't undergeared, just had too many mages and couldn't handle so many melee pushers chopping up our backline, which was the majority of our group. Torn and bloodied robes scattered all over the floor :D

jesus!  WTB server near me so i can have 30 ping too.   goddamn man, with that ping your GS has the same reach as my PA when chasing someone down.  you might actually be hitting farther dthan i am really.   when are w e getting a new york server ?

You're not. You had the most popular DFO server and you have ROA. You've had your chance to have 30 ping :) Now we get some of the love.
  • Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:01:22 pm by MNO

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Are S&D all new players? Because lots of them, from the video, lacks the basis.

best time in game now,you can kill all with r50

If your opponent is bad you can kill with a R20 too, gear wont save you in these cases.
  • Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:42:12 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #20
How to play mage:

Step 1: Hope you got competent teammates to peel for you because you cant do anything to save yourself.
Step 2: Throw a field aoe in sync with your other mages because you cant do anything otherwise.
Step 3: Be a heal bot because you do no damage and your utility is trash.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

Feels like a mix. From my perspective (I haven't really asked) it seems like mostly leadership are vets/at least played through indev and know what they're doing, then a bunch of people like me who maybe dipped into UW/RoA/DFO but didn't squeeze the life out of it, and then a few new new guys.

I haven't been in SKD long but think it's fair to say we're still figuring out how to play with eachother, and what works in current meta (hint: not mages :( magic patch pls). I think we did alright though, it's just hard when you have so many mages against so many melee pushers, the 'basics' like peeling, straightlining for heals etc doesn't really work when you have 4 plate wearers trying to swarm you because you look like a juicy reagent pinata.

Come to Ruby! I don't think we'd ever turn down a fight if we have even remotely viable numbers which we usually do.

EVERYONE MOVE TO RUBY.
  • Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:54:55 pm by MNO

Reply #22
Magic needs some love but its not that bad guys. I think jack you will do really well like in indev. Only problem is darkscepter is unlocked very late compared to other class stuff which is the main thing for melting people down. And  Normally magic is a longer grind so takes some time for mages to "come online"

Reply #23
Magic needs some love but its not that bad guys. I think jack you will do really well like in indev. Only problem is darkscepter is unlocked very late compared to other class stuff which is the main thing for melting people down. And  Normally magic is a longer grind so takes some time for mages to "come online"

Me and Jack have extensively tested mage, it will take a lot of changes for us to go back to playing mage, I'm currently levelling an alt as mage, so you might see one of us knocking about on that in fights in the future.

If jack goes mage its going to be a support mage SC/WC etc.

IF you think melee archery is strong now, wait until you see endgame with sieze lul

Reply #24
It's ironic that Avaris have to nutcup with Liandri & Gentlemen, to beat guys they used to brag about 3v20ing in indev, how times changes.

Me and Jack have extensively tested mage
with a cobra staff

LOL

#captainclueless
dodgy bastard

Reply #25

Me and Jack have extensively tested mage, it will take a lot of changes for us to go back to playing mage, I'm currently levelling an alt as mage, so you might see one of us knocking about on that in fights in the future.

If jack goes mage its going to be a support mage SC/WC etc.

IF you think melee archery is strong now, wait until you see endgame with sieze lul

Advice from a melee GOD. Go back playing mage both of you, not even being horrible but you was at least average mages the footage you lot keep spewing into these forums is complete bottom tier trash and im saying this from the bottom of my heart. But if you have fun its ok =)
TRUE DON   1V1 2V2 3V3 FFA TOURNAMENT WINNER/FINALIST. Stickyback God. RETIRED.

If i am seriously out for you then you are a dead man walking.

Reply #26
It's ironic that Avaris have to nutcup with Liandri & Gentlemen, to beat guys they used to brag about 3v20ing in indev, how times changes.

Me and Jack have extensively tested mage
with a cobra staff

LOL

#captainclueless

Disappointing Pat,

I know you watch all my streams of balance testing religiously can't believe you missed all the different staff testing? Want to know something funny, the only person to beat my terrible melee archery play when I switched my titles was Hay Lando with a Cobrastaff, all the dribblers using slowstaffs got decimated. Go watch the streams again and brush up on your knowledge please boy.

By no means am I saying fast staff > heavy, but the only person to prove it to me out of a tonne of fights was Lando with a cobra.

Advice from a melee GOD. Go back playing mage both of you, not even being horrible but you was at least average mages the footage you lot keep spewing into these forums is complete bottom tier trash and im saying this from the bottom of my heart. But if you have fun its ok =)

Thanks for watching bro, were having tonnes of fun.

• Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 03:35:49 pm by rawrgasm

Reply #27
Yeah King wae and Haylando were amazing with the cobra juggling full fire combo. But all in all slow staffs performed better in nuking people down in sieges etc and the magnitude changes effecting spell secondary effects make them even more tempting.

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #28

'Fnights drops the mic and walks off'
TooLate TheHero - LFC till I die

Reply #29
didn't want to say this myself, as I believe in positive feedback and I'm a positive person over all, but yeah, noticed the same thing. If not the horrible ping of his opponents Jack would have never sticky backed anyone. Terrible melee. Not surprised rawrgasm is waiting for seize like for a holy grail.