Skip to main content

Topic: Can't steal mounts? (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Can't steal mounts?
Reply #30
It's annoying I can't steal an enemy's mount, it's nice an enemy can't steal my mount. It takes some adjustment but as it is I don't find it a difficult feature to play around.

Reply #31
I have a well trained fighting bear that fights alongside me, but if a stranger walks up and pats it on the head then it obeys them completely, makes sense right?

Well trained fighting bear? Theres pets in this game? Does it follow you around and help you kill things? Where?

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #32
The moment a player is tagged in combat is the moment their mount should no longer have any sort of protections against theft. 

Reply #33
We have to wait around 120 seconds to steal a mount. Do you guys think that's good?

You can just mount-up, chase down a single player with a zerg, dismount right beside him with no worries of seeing one of your mount taken from the enemy.

This to me heavily feels like a carebear feature that don't belong in any iteration of DF.

Stealing should only turn you grey or make you lose alignement. nothing more.
It's great in npc cities but cancer outside of them. I like the way roa handled this with their hit protection and hope dnd does something a little more elegant here for mounts!

120 seconds should only be in NPC cities for blues as this is a casual player mechanic for being blue and in a guarded zone, once out of a guarded zone there should be no timer and works as old.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #34
carebear things and local banks fused in one game,waow....french logic

Reply #35
I have a well trained fighting bear that fights alongside me, but if a stranger walks up and pats it on the head then it obeys them completely, makes sense right?

Well trained fighting bear? Theres pets in this game? Does it follow you around and help you kill things? Where?

Learn some Roleplay, it wont kill you.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #36

LIGHTNING BOLT!

I roleplay everytime I type out something on these forums (as a super asshole), when in reality, I'm really just a nice guy :D

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #38

LIGHTNING BOLT!

I roleplay everytime I type out something on these forums (as a super asshole), when in reality, I'm really just a nice guy :D
i saw your girl is in montreal from instagram, 1v1 me irl?
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #39

LIGHTNING BOLT!

I dont think you Roleplay an ass-hole at all, your mom told me last night , you were always a real ass-hole as a kid growing up.
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #40

LIGHTNING BOLT!

I dont think you Roleplay an ass-hole at all, your mom told me last night , you were always a real ass-hole as a kid growing up.
wow that was a sick burn
your mom jokes are always really funny

Reply #41

LIGHTNING BOLT!

guna be at Circus AH for the next 13 hours. leggo.

P.S. Stereo literally has the best sound system I've ever heard in my entire life. I'd be there every fucking weekend you lucky fuck.

Reply #42

LIGHTNING BOLT!

guna be at Circus AH for the next 13 hours. leggo.

P.S. Stereo literally has the best sound system I've ever heard in my entire life. I'd be there every fucking weekend you lucky fuck.
kk imma go there and look for the biggest swole black guy and expect it to be you

Reply #43
Ubergames have said they like and intended it to be this way. And it does make sense if you follow their logic really, no other game has such unloyal mounts as Darkfall, and no mount would ever just instantly allow another rider on, especially during an incident.

plus it allows an opportunity for a second fight, while not offering people multiple means of escape in seconds.

Guess what homie, if you ride your horse up to me and get off and i decide to get on, that horse doesn't give a fuck whos riding it, its gonna do what it's trained to do.

Reply #44
Get rode on like yo momma!