Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Meditating on the near future (Read 8839 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Discussion: Meditating on the near future
Reply #15
How does one sign up for the test server? Cost?
I have non-forumites asking me.

Stress test is free for all, cost nothing. It will last 3 week, after this you have to pay 10 €/month to continue to play during InDev period to test new stuff. No wipe till the official release.

@Ub3rgames Forget to ask, is the new weapon hotbar in for the stress test?
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:40:48 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #16
I know the info is somewhere but my searches are failing. Probably not a bad thread to have this info anyway.

How does one sign up for the test server? Cost?
I have non-forumites asking me.

Cost is FREE for the stress test.

As for where you sign-up - DND will tell us no doubt!

Reply #17
@Bish and @Dragonx Ivanzypher
We'll open our AMS a few days before the launch, so that players can register and start downloading ahead of time.
There will be at least 3 weeks for free, as part of us stress testing our server infrastructure, then after you'll need to purchase the game and pay a subscription the following months.

@Fnights
To clarify: the starter city quests are the tutorial quests, they can be done only once.
But there are dailies in dungeons, and hourlies all across the world that give repeatable sources of meditation.
We have not added any new quests yet.

Yes the weapons bar will be in for the stress test. All things mentioned in our preliminary patch note are. And a few more surprises. ;)

@Maejohl
Surging and fizzles will be removed from New Dawn. We just haven't had the time to do so in a clean way yet.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #18
Do you have any ideas for other things to spend meditation points on?  For the new hotbar system, is there going to be a guide or tutorial here or in-game? 
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:18:14 pm by _SeeD_

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
Ah ok, very good, thanks again for all the info, and gz for the new GUI additions and weapon hotbar. :)
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #20
@_SeeD_
Yes. Here is a non exhaustive list:
- watchtower building and maintenance.
- studying items for crafting recipes.
- trading "tips".
- temporary clan buffs.
- player created quests.
- over time crafting.

Essentially, meditation points are an abstract representation of time.
Time spent learning/training, time spent patroling the lands, time spent investigating for good deals and so on.

We are of course always open to suggestions.
Especially regarding uses that would impact high end players the most so that meditation points sources remain relevant to them.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #21
@_SeeD_
Yes. Here is a non exhaustive list:
- watchtower building and maintenance.
- studying items for crafting recipes.
- trading "tips".
- temporary clan buffs.
- player created quests.
- over time crafting.

Essentially, meditation points are an abstract representation of time.
Time spent learning/training, time spent patroling the lands, time spent investigating for good deals and so on.

We are of course always open to suggestions.
Especially regarding uses that would impact high end players the most so that meditation points sources remain relevant to them.
You could tie them into learning new skills and spells from the NPCs.  For high end players, for learning recipes for crafting, have high end mob armour require more and more meditation points as you climb the spectrum of mob difficulty.

Reply #22
Can't wait !!!

There is a hope DF will be great again.
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
Anquare Quare Supreme General

Reply #23
There needs to be a major announcement for this.  Right now it's just at the bottom of an update and hardly looked at in the places it is reported. 

Reply #24
Yeah you probably should have just titled it "Stress Test Release Date Announced" or something. Pretty easy to gloss over.

Reply #25
Boys and girls, an adventure is soon upon us! All aboard! Choooo chooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v53mhRXXT2g

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: Discussion: Meditatiing on the near future
Reply #26
OK, let's all take a vacation so we can get a good start and grab some holdings. :)

its "...just" the Stress Test - Not the InDev Period where we can see the op changes
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

• BlackSun
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #27

Reply #28
Nice work on those patches. You guys really know what you are doing!

On mp wise: is there a schedule you have in mind on how long an average playsession of 4 hours per day would take to have a max character? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?

The thing with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Reply #29
Nice work on those patches. You guys really know what you are doing!

On mp wise: is there a schedule you have in mind on how long an average playsession of 4 hours per day would take to have a max character? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?

30 years..like in eve  :o  :-X
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!