Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Meditating on the near future (Read 9551 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: Meditating on the near future
Greetings, this week we're revealing some of the surprises we've been keeping for the community. We're also opening a discussion on meditation.
Meditating on the near future
Enjoy!
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:10:59 pm by Ub3rgames
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: Meditatiing on the near future
Reply #1
How many meditation points per spell, should correlate to the amount of spells/abilities required to play.
Kinda hard to make the estimates right now, if we don't really know how exactly your rebalancing of skills and titles will affect the game overall.

Also, reading your article makes me think that meditation will only be active while you are offline. If so, wouldn't it make leveling up titles only possible while being offline?
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:36:23 pm by nietoperz

Reply #2
O M G

LAUNCH DATE ANNOUNCED!!!

(Oh - and the other stuff was amazing too ;) )

Reply #3
For EVERYBODY

Quote from: Ub3rgames
Ho and, by the way, we almost forgot! We're planning to open the gates on June 28th at 2PM Paris time. See you then!

inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #4
OK, let's all take a vacation so we can get a good start and grab some holdings. :)

Reply #5
OK, let's all take a vacation so we can get a good start and grab some holdings. :)

I claim Issar Ruins - just FYI

Reply #6
How many meditation points per spell, should correlate to the amount of spells/abilities required to play.
Kinda hard to make the estimates right now, if we don't really know how exactly your rebalancing of skills and titles will affect the game overall.

Also, reading your article makes me think that meditation will only be active while you are offline. If so, wouldn't it make leveling up titles only possible while being offline?

yes this

hard to debat as we dont know what spells/titles or whatever are the meta of the game
New dawn quote :

Everything is solved with markets and local banking

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
This leaves me no choice but to be super excited!
Now I just need to figure out how to distract myself for the next 13 days.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

Reply #8
Meditation will only be offline, it is a catch up mechanic.
Titles will level up over time, whether online or offline, but can be sped up by dedicating a meditation queue to it.
Titles will allow specialization, but hybrids will still be possible by accepting less damage to gain more utility and adaptability.

For the rest, the game will mostly be the same.
So imagine how long you would think a spell should take to level up in the old meta, and we can start from there.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: Meditating on the near future
Reply #9
Personally, I'd like to see a higher end spell (eg inferno) take about half a year of playing 15 - 20 hours a week to get to 100. And where the player is concentrating on using that spell more than others (but not just only using that spell) .

PS Off-topic: I can't remember but I hope surging spells are not going to be in DND - it just means everyone pre-surges all the time.
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:22:21 pm by Maejohl

Reply #10
Meditation will only be offline, it is a catch up mechanic.
Titles will level up over time, whether online or offline, but can be sped up by dedicating a meditation queue to it.
Titles will allow specialization, but hybrids will still be possible by accepting less damage to gain more utility and adaptability.

For the rest, the game will mostly be the same.
So imagine how long you would think a spell should take to level up in the old meta, and we can start from there.

This makes sure that people will play much more efficient than in dfo/dfuw or any other version. Their focus is to grab so much points as possible. this means.. people are ACTIVE in the world, they make themself to a target, and not like in dfo (who ever had the retared idea to combine it with gold, when everybody had known that it was the duped item n1). It also prevent that players let their characters offline and just log in to tranfer gold to the medi-system and log off for the next 2 weeks.
Its so good that people are getting forced to play when they want to have ANYTHING in the game. Territory, Skillgain, Ressources.

thanks for this op change!
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #11
For EVERYBODY

Quote from: Ub3rgames
Ho and, by the way, we almost forgot! We're planning to open the gates on June 28th at 2PM Paris time. See you then!

hmm hopefully the client is for downlaod a week before the 28th.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #12
hell don't you guys get yourself caught by the swag patrol
that was a nice one announcement
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I know the info is somewhere but my searches are failing. Probably not a bad thread to have this info anyway.

How does one sign up for the test server? Cost?
I have non-forumites asking me.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
There are around 90 starter city quests, with each one providing at least 550mp. This will provide a comfy 50 000mp starting amount for new players to grow.

This is a very good alternative to the grind/farm normal way. Good job, can't way to test all these new (daily) quest with my clan friends.

Finally, we would like to open a discussion on how long should spells, skills or attributes take to max out using the meditation system alone.

I still think that, if a game is fun and have lot of content that keep people to play years, then there is no need to a tedious and very logn progression.
Once you max you preferred build throught the title system and the stats related, there is no need to grind and farm more.

As you said leveling skills and stats from 1 to 75 shoudl be really fast, max them to 100 more hard but with little insignificant advantage, like 1-2%?. But even with a little advantage it shouldn't take more than 4-5 months of active playtime, otherwise you leave in the game the feel that you are behind if you start a lot later, expecially for casual players with a life.

Keep in mind that perception matter too.

A ETA finally, hurrah! :)
  • Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:35:44 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues