Skip to main content

Topic: Make skinning mats drop on the mob grave (remove skinning) (Read 472 times) previous topic - next topic

Make skinning mats drop on the mob grave (remove skinning)
The idea is to remove skinning and make the mats appear on the mob grave using the same drop rates as the skinning rates.

The reaons for this are;

1). Skinning as a activty (running up to a grave and pressing a use key) by itself does not add anything to the game. 
2). Getting interupted by a party member walking by is annoying
3). Getting interuppted and knocked back by a range attack from a mob is annoying
4). Having to spend time skinning graves rather than fighting mobs in a scalled spawn is annoying
5). If you have a skinning title in a group you are the one who has to do all the skinning to increase the loot and spend less time fighting.
6).  If your head is down skinning graves you are not looking arround, increasing the chance of gettig ganked.  (I am fine being jumped in pvp just dont like 2 free back hits because I am skinning a grave).

• Valar
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Make skinning mats drop on the mob grave (remove skinning)
Reply #1
Skinning is a role that a dedicated player can master in this game, go play roa if you want instant gratification with no RP skinning.

Reply #2
I need to see how title level 100 works vs no title skinning. When data comes in...

I can agree on points 2 and 3.

Reply #3
Skinning is a role that a dedicated player can master in this game, go play roa if you want instant gratification with no RP skinning.

How can you master skinning other than selecting the title?  I love DFND and wont be going to RoA.  I am talking about reducing tedium.  Can you think of another way of making skinning less of a chore?

Reply #4
Agree with the OP. Skinning is mindless, not fun and just adds tedium to PvE.

Reply #5
Agreed. Poor guys who have picked skinning have to skin everything for the group, making it logistically difficult and killing their own enjoyment from the activity.

• Azdul
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
Can you think of another way of making skinning less of a chore?
At first, remove skinning failures with a skinning title.
Then reduce skinning time for players with that title.

RoA is removing skinning altogether, and maybe it is the right direction - I don't know ...

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
It's just one of those things we've accepted because we are used to it, but I think this is spot on.

On the flip side, you can't always get at a grave to skin it if you haven't planned things right or if a spawn surprises you. Probably gets harder and harder if you try and solo harder spawns.

Reply #8
I think its great that the mobloot gets split in direct loot and skinning part. Makes sense to me to skin a shark or a crog and get meat and leather etc.
Complexity in games is desirable imo, no need to dumb down working mechanics.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #9

How can you master skinning other than selecting the title?  I love DFND and wont be going to RoA.  I am talking about reducing tedium.  Can you think of another way of making skinning less of a chore?
dont mind him. He is one of the sero type trolls.

As for the suggestion, there should be some other way to solve this so i dont agree

Reply #10
Getting rid of skinning failures. Greatly decreasing skinning time.

These two are very doable and would make skinning less boring.

Reply #11
But I like to skin ;[
"Gotta put the master encryption code here..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975oMBaK9gM

Reply #12
Skinning has always had a weird disconnect with the rest of the loot system and an extra tedium / time sink whilst farming.

With the loot apocalypse, most high end mobs drop a meager amount of regs and nothing else. If you fail a skin on one of these mobs you're shit out of luck.

Why isn't skinning loot automatically added to the loot window on a mob?. It would then be subject to the new looting protection system and give back some of the "WOW" factor when you loot a mob and get an epic drop again.

I don't think it adds anything to the game apart from tedium for tediums sake. (similar to having to have gathering / crafting tools etc).

Streamline please.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Ya well apparently those tools are coming back. I HOPE they realize the game is better off without tools.

Reply #14
Ya well apparently those tools are coming back. I HOPE they realize the game is better off without tools.

WHY