Skip to main content

Topic: Selentine ore (Read 349 times) previous topic - next topic

Selentine ore
So the game is closing in on mastery sets such as thick leather sets, elemental mage robes and fullplate.

I can see a somewhat fair distrubution of elemental cloth aswell as thick leather across the map (with debateable droprates) but selentine ore is only farmable on Yssam and some very distant island on Cairn. The Gorra Dar has a small percentage to drop it, but it competes with other ores and the respawn is very long. Also I'd never would like to try spawnscale a Gorra Dar...

I'd say that this distrubution is punishing anyone who enjoys heavy gear compared to the rest, unless you have access to 2-3 selentine mines to keep yourself equipped. I'd like to point out that selentine is so far used in alot of other crafts aswell, such as weapon-, artillery- and bowcrafting. This makes it so that there is no way in hell that we will see a clan with selentine mine actually put up selentine ore on the market for atleast the first year of the game.

A fair point would be that villages gives out ore (and not cloth or leather for some reason?). Yet, I don't think this can count as a reliable source of one particular ore.

So my suggestion is that some midtier mob, around the rank of the ones dropping elemental cloth and thick leather, should drop or be skinned for selentine ore (this is only about selentine, the rest should be more localized). Like the obsidian/granite golems or maybe Menhirs? The droprate could be lower than that of leather and cloth, due to the fact that there are the 2 golems and mines available, and a low chance from normal nodes aswell.

Re: Selentine ore
Reply #1
You have mines, regular nodes, villages to drop selentine. Cloth can be obtain ONLY from few mobs in game....

Reply #2
This may not be the most helpful comment but as harvesters know, the Selentine drop rates from that alone are pretty high. Personally, I have around 156x Selentine From harvesting since launch. It's not a huge amount, but I'm also not constantly harvesting. Plus you also have villages giving out rare ores to boost this a bit as well.

Reply #3
This may not be the most helpful comment but as harvesters know, the Selentine drop rates from that alone are pretty high. Personally, I have around 156x Selentine From harvesting since launch. It's not a huge amount, but I'm also not constantly harvesting. Plus you also have villages giving out rare ores to boost this a bit as well.

How many alts and selentine mines do u have?

Reply #4
How many alts and selentine mines do u have?

One alt, haven't touched a mine yet. But I am mainly a crafter right now, so it's not like I'm wasting my time skilling up at PVE spawns or PVP'ing. So naturally, I do get in more harvesting and from time to time Village caps to help.

Reply #5
I dont think the rare ore is an issue currently. If you have VCP control you can make a pretty lucrative pull from those. I haven't hit a single rock nor do I have an alt and I'm over 40 of ea rare ore

Reply #6
Wow! I find your numbers really impressive, specially the 156 ores just from just 1 characther with no real effort. I play the game as a pvper, and I pve to improve my toon skills. i got 50+ in mining from harvesting several thousands regular ore to support my gear. I take 1-2 villages per day usally. So far I barely have enough for one set (22 ore = 11 ingots = 1 set, I think this i right). I do have about the same amount of the other ores aswell, I'd really like to make them all into selentine.

My main problem is that there is no way to focus on getting selentine like there is with thick leather and elemental cloth, unless I have a mine or go to the 2 most distant places of the world...

Seeing how everyone else is bathing in selentine ore without effort I hope I can get some from markets eventually :)
  • Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:04:46 am by Jackiebt

Reply #7
Selentine ore is always available on the markets in Ork lands and Wolf lands, if anything their is too much of it available right now.

You can get Selentine ore very easily. The drop rate of all rare ores and rare mats should be reduced.

Reply #8
I took a trip to Lesser Faukul that seemed like a good trading-hub but with no luck. I did find alot of neithal. I belive Andruk has a selentine mine so with 100+ players in the horde I hope more will show up soon, but as I already said there is alot more use for the selentine ore than just armorcrafting.

If everyone else is bathing in selentine I'm thinking that I prolly do something wrong even tho I feel I spent most my time mining so far.

Reply #9
Most people are holding into their Selentine right now. It's the next best crafting material, especially for heavy armorsmithing. Us crafters are going to need a lot of it to grind through to Infernal. Once people reach infernal, you will begin to see it come up for sale in large quantities in the markets.