Skip to main content

Topic: Mount Protection (Read 393 times) previous topic - next topic

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Mount Protection
Remove this mount protection shit please. It only makes sense in NPC towns for noobs at the bank.

All it currently does is compounds the advantage of a bigger group in PvP. It's a niggle that is more annoying every time I'm in a situation where I want to jump on someones mount but can't.

You used to have to be somewhat careful about dismounting to catch people or get involved in a fight because they could turn and try to take it.

The benefits don't outweigh the negatives. There's no downside to a group chasing me, and unmounting all around me, I have no more options than I did before, but they do.
  • Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:53:28 pm by MNO

Re: Mount Protection
Reply #1
+1 super annoying feature. I don't see the point outside of newbie cities.

Reply #2
I love the sandbox feature of not being able to jump on peoples mounts.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• Mycke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3

If you were half has critical of RoA it might still have enough pop you wouldn't need to be trolling here.

Reply #4

If you were half has critical of RoA it might still have enough pop you wouldn't need to be trolling here.

I was 10x more critical on RoA, because it actually had a shot, try again Mycke. You're a buffoon.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Yeah I would like to see this timer only activate when within range of the NPC zap towers.

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

• Mycke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6

I was 10x more critical on RoA, because it actually had a shot, try again Mycke. You're a buffoon.

Lol no it didn't, by this time it lost nearly half its launch pop and was dropping like a stone where here pop is stable if not growing.

You are truly blinded by your personal preferences and have 0 sense of reality.

Reply #7
had

atleast you accept its past tense...
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #8
Yeah this timers stupid, i was fighting the other day and someone rides in and dumps a mount next to me, i cant get on it.....wtf

Also, you have 2 mounts, your friends has died....youre being chased...wait 2 minutes to give your mount to your buddy.
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #9
Lol no it didn't, by this time it lost nearly half its launch pop and was dropping like a stone where here pop is stable if not growing.

You are truly blinded by your personal preferences and have 0 sense of reality.

• Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:54:26 pm by Seronys

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Yeah this timers stupid, i was fighting the other day and someone rides in and dumps a mount next to me, i cant get on it.....wtf

Also, you have 2 mounts, your friends has died....youre being chased...wait 2 minutes to give your mount to your buddy.

Just the amount of times I've straight up died when I would've had a chance to escape without this timer is infuriating.

It makes getting caught out by a bigger group so much more likely.

For what? So that a few new people don't forget to despawn their mounts at the bank? I lose more fucking mounts to logging out ontop of it than I would to having them stolen in NPC towns.

Reply #11
Honestly, its was just stupid that you could jump on anyones mount like that and escape.
Being able to use mounts from your grp or clan would be good tho.

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Honestly, its was just stupid that you could jump on anyones mount like that and escape.
Being able to use mounts from your grp or clan would be good tho.

Why?

If you're going to drop your mount right next to someone, that's on you.

Even in a 1v1 situation, if you dismount and start moving towards someone, and they're moving towards you, YOU have more options than they do. If you let them get the upperhand by going straight past you and climbing on your mount, the fault is with you. That's how it should be. Not this dogshit, surrounded by 10 mounts with 120 second timers as 10 people slash at me.

Even in a group ganking it's fucking annoying, running from mount to mount afterwards trying to figure out which one is mine.

Who does the 120 second timer serve other than extremely new players in NPC cities?

• Valar
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
This is a great sandbox mechanic with that is working as intended according to Ub3r

Reply #14
If you let yourself surround by 10 people and their mounts you should die. The fault is with you. Thats how it should be.
You should not be able to just steal the mount of the first guy who dismounts and escape. 

And yes, its annoying trying to find your mount between your grps mounts. Thats way i wrote clannies/grps should be able to use your mount.