Skip to main content

Topic: Ub3rgames, share some info please (Read 1506 times) previous topic - next topic

Ub3rgames, share some info please
I always felt empathy with AV when the horde of frustrated teens cast toxic on them, called them everything, after all that work that they made to improve and keep DF alive. Since they really made efforts... I saw the brilliant idea behind DFO and I clearly saw the incredible amount of work behind UW.
Due to DND I also see the great idea, I see the vision but I have no clue right now what to think about the amount of work that was added to it, the work, that we can expect in the future, that would fulfill all it's visions.

One of our clan mates told yesterday, till a conversation about the launch: "It runs well and actually that is the most important fact"
I would accept this also... And I would probably enjoy it for a good time - as it is even right now.

But you should share something guys! So many things are just floating in the air.
- when bugs like the drake, non working skills will be fixed?
(You know ppl would expect to have a hotfix like 5 hours after the official launch due to bugs like: left in true-forge skills, drake mount that cover out the vision. Not a week, not two weeks, but right after the firs downtime - or please comunicate, that why it did not happen)
- when we will see the new magic schools in game?
(released title system and the waiting period due to the new schools frustrate some ppl to hell)
- do we have a chance for fast roads that basically everyone support? And if yes, than when?
- what bone armor is doing in the combat speed crafting line? Why enchanting should be this grindy, if it's already blocked by titles? Why the description of tailoring describing the title as " you can craft and enchant bags and robes"? When it's not true at all. Why we need incredible amount of kobold bones for tier1 bone set? If you are planing to change any of the mentioned issues, than when?
- when can we expect new skins for the new armor sets? (or do you even planing to ad anything to the visuals?)
- when racial skills will be active? And if you will be activating every one of them, can ppl change race?

Ub3rgames, share some info please! The only scenario when I did not felt empathy with AV were the times when they remained silent.

Re: Ub3rgames, share some info please
Reply #1
I was with you until "all that work av did to improve the game". It's been 5 minutes now since i fell off my chair laughing and i'm ready to continue my response.

But yeah, like i said at launch when everything was done blown up: take 2 minutes out of every hour to post an update. Don't wait 3 hours after the last estimated fix time hoping you'll get it fixed any minute now before posting status. Same thing applies here: things seem to be running smoothly now? Sweet. Take 2 minutes out of every day or hell even week to communicate. Communication generates goodwill, silence removes it.

Reply #2
I was with you until "all that work av did to improve the game". It's been 5 minutes now since i fell off my chair laughing and i'm ready to continue my response.

But yeah, like i said at launch when everything was done blown up: take 2 minutes out of every hour to post an update. Don't wait 3 hours after the last estimated fix time hoping you'll get it fixed any minute now before posting status. Same thing applies here: things seem to be running smoothly now? Sweet. Take 2 minutes out of every day or hell even week to communicate. Communication generates goodwill, silence removes it.

can you imagine how much work it was to:
- building up dungeons as the Sinspire Cathedral
- new character models, basically a whole engine upgrade due to visuals
- new mounts
- new ships
- fast roads
- market place
- territory control
- new town models
- siege weapons
- new weapon models
- all the titles (roles)
- new crafting system with orders
- new monsters
- rework of the village control system
- tones of new items (crafting mats, weapons, armors)
- tons of cosmetic items

and all this work is so laughable in your eye that you felt down from your chair? :D Come on... : )

Reply #3
Da fuck? Are you talking about the 2010 patch, you know, unholy wars? I'm talking about darkfall, and the last thing i remember was funhulks. I loved popping them at sieges mind you, but yeah no.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Da fuck? Are you talking about the 2010 patch, you know, unholy wars? I'm talking about darkfall, and the last thing i remember was funhulks. I loved popping them at sieges mind you, but yeah no.

Conquere the Sea Update.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #5
I don't remember marketplaces in dfo. Unless you're talking about npc merchants. What they did compared to what was supposed to go in was very limited. Funhulks were an update. Funhulks!

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
They worked hard to push out that last patch prior to release.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking the month off for rest. This is pretty much a beta for dfo vets. The real game won't be finished for another 2 years, and maybe then they can convince the steam crowd to give it ago, if they're willing to look past the dated graphics. A lot of those questions got answered during indev. 
  • Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:29:59 am by Otis

Reply #7
Do you mean the new character models in unnoly wars? There was 1 new character model that looked like shit that all races had with slight differences. All the races looked the same in uw. 

Reply #8
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.
We have tried to address the hot topics when we could, but work on the game and support issues come over answering questions on the forums.

With that said:
- when bugs like the drake, non working skills will be fixed?
(You know ppl would expect to have a hotfix like 5 hours after the official launch due to bugs like: left in true-forge skills, drake mount that cover out the vision. Not a week, not two weeks, but right after the firs downtime - or please comunicate, that why it did not happen)

As we've always said, this first month is about putting out fires. More interesting things will come once stability has been reached.
There have been a lot more pressing issues that impacted all players.
Things like the login issues, the AI not working at all times, VCP timers not persisting, clans unable to recruit, persistence issues, alignment issues and so on.
Removing left over skills that do not impact anything or a mount covering vision are important but secondary. We will get to it.
Though, we expected a lot more technical issues, and worse ones, so on our end we're pleasantly surprised.

- when we will see the new magic schools in game?
(released title system and the waiting period due to the new schools frustrate some ppl to hell)

That will be one of the first non-fix patches we'll do.
At the very least we will have all spells in their proper schools so that leveling isn't confusing.
Regeneration and cantrips are also an important thing.
The current focus is on fixing the alignment holes that remain.

- do we have a chance for fast roads that basically everyone support? And if yes, than when?

As we've seen in multiple threads, we are not in favor of increasing travel speed, but in favor of making traveling more convenient on roads.
For example no stamina drain on roads, and perhaps even auto-pathing down the line.
That is not a priority, though, as we are still worried the game world is too small for localization to generate sufficient profit margins.
It will be a change we'll do when there is enough insight on how negatively impacting it might be.

- what bone armor is doing in the combat speed crafting line? Why enchanting should be this grindy, if it's already blocked by titles? Why the description of tailoring describing the title as " you can craft and enchant bags and robes"? When it's not true at all. Why we need incredible amount of kobold bones for tier1 bone set? If you are planing to change any of the mentioned issues, than when?

A lot more changes are coming to crafting once stabilization is reached.
Light armor is meant to be the skill that represents the mix and matching ideal of most day to day sets.
Enchanting requires multiple times less crafts than before, and in addition quality of enchant acts as a multiplier. The interface definitely needs to be redone and recipes have to be reviewed, including for robes.
Bone armor is a potent armor, we preferred to start it out too expensive than too cheap. We'll look into it.

- when can we expect new skins for the new armor sets? (or do you even planing to ad anything to the visuals?)
We do not have an ETA on that. For now it is on hold pending further decision making. As in: can we redo all or do we have to keep the current model detail level for longer.
As we've always said, the graphics will depend on the launch success and we're currently considering doing more than replacement.

- when racial skills will be active? And if you will be activating every one of them, can ppl change race?
We warned people well in advance so that a race change is not necessary when it comes.
They will be worked on right after stabilization and the magic changes.

The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #9

i would like to see a kind of auto-pathing too on the streets. Always activable and on players risk
inDev_ Dusk (12 months) - Subscriber
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
in january 2009 i was still in a Darkfall Beta and did wait for a release... dejavu at it best!

Reply #10
As we've seen in multiple threads, we are not in favor of increasing travel speed, but in favor of making traveling more convenient on roads.
For example no stamina drain on roads, and perhaps even auto-pathing down the line.
That is not a priority, though, as we are still worried the game world is too small for localization to generate sufficient profit margins.
I agree, the game world is not that large. After living in human lands, I just trekked across the mainland this morning, and the world actually felt smaller than I remembered. (Probably due to me normally living on Xanadu in Wurm, which is just one of 10 continental landmasses there.)

Travel in DND is easy and really does not need improvements. These arguments are coming from "PvP'ers" that want easy recall/ high-speed travel to home when they have ganked a handful of people, or want to jump into sieges that are none of their business.
  • Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:50:10 am by CistaCista

Reply #11
Please understand that unlike during InDev, we are forced to communicate only once per week at most.
We have tried to address the hot topics when we could, but work on the game and support issues come over answering questions on the forums.
clear, we will keep this in mind.

As we've always said, this first month is about putting out fires. More interesting things will come once stability has been reached.
There have been a lot more pressing issues that impacted all players.
Things like the login issues, the AI not working at all times, VCP timers not persisting, clans unable to recruit, persistence issues, alignment issues and so on.
Removing left over skills that do not impact anything or a mount covering vision are important but secondary. We will get to it.
Though, we expected a lot more technical issues, and worse ones, so on our end we're pleasantly surprised.
Thanks for sharing, it's clear now. To be honest the technical part of the launch seemed absolutely smooth. Non of the ppl who I play with expecting any - loading, crashing issues, so most of us did not suspected workflows due to this issues behind the curtains. AI problems were a thing, and now we know that it took your time and enrgy.

That will be one of the first non-fix patches we'll do.
At the very least we will have all spells in their proper schools so that leveling isn't confusing.
Regeneration and cantrips are also an important thing.
The current focus is on fixing the alignment holes that remain.

Good to hear it, that they are on the way! So first alignment patch, than spell schools and by time their balancing - now we can plan with this info and turn on the "patient mage" title :)

It will be a change we'll do when there is enough insight on how negatively impacting it might be.

No stamina drain on roads seems a great solution. I also see you vision due to localization more clearer, so maybe in the first place this change could work just on roads that connecting NPC town from the same area.

A lot more changes are coming to crafting once stabilization is reached.
Light armor is meant to be the skill that represents the mix and matching ideal of most day to day sets.
Enchanting requires multiple times less crafts than before, and in addition quality of enchant acts as a multiplier. The interface definitely needs to be redone and recipes have to be reviewed, including for robes.
Bone armor is a potent armor, we preferred to start it out too expensive than too cheap. We'll look into it.

Any improvement due to crafting will be extremely welcome! : )
Due to bone armor, you can not call it " ideal of most day to day sets " it's better to call it a really expensive option for mages, that we will not risking in every corner. I would still suggesting to place them to the robe line, since it's rather the most expensive mage set, than a "the mix and matching ideal of most day to day set"

We do not have an ETA on that. For now it is on hold pending further decision making. As in: can we redo all or do we have to keep the current model detail level for longer.
As we've always said, the graphics will depend on the launch success and we're currently considering doing more than replacement.
Good to hear it! : )

We warned people well in advance so that a race change is not necessary when it comes.
They will be worked on right after stabilization and the magic changes.

not many were able to test them out. Also some seems extremely OP compared to others, but just in-game testing would answer this. (Personally I would rather make all of them strong, to give them a character then nerf them to non-existence due to "request for balance" later forum feedback.

Thanks so much for your answers! It hold a lot of info, even if not concrete timelines.

Reply #12
No i don't understand, why is that so? who forces you to only communicate once per week?

It seems on your end you are always pleased. Like in whole inDEV.

You really have to stop this man, you can't tell us that you anticipated more failures, we just witnessed one of the worse MMO starts in history and you even gave us 3 days more time to play since the first 3 days after launch was unplayable because your server was offline most of the times, saying that you even anticipated more failures must be a joke, or you think we are stoopid.

inDEV apparently was also more successful then anticipated, you told us all the time you are on track.
Yet you failed your original release date by over a year,  meanwhile telling us that you get more work done then anticipated, not even implementing mount stamina like you told us, how does that add up? You lie to us that's all, you are not being honest.

Reply #13
No i don't understand, why is that so? who forces you to only communicate once per week?

It seems on your end you are always pleased. Like in whole inDEV.

You really have to stop this man, you can't tell us that you anticipated more failures, we just witnessed one of the worse MMO starts in history and you even gave us 3 days more time to play since the first 3 days after launch was unplayable because your server was offline most of the times, saying that you even anticipated more failures must be a joke, or you think we are stoopid.

inDEV apparently was also more successful then anticipated, you told us all the time you are on track.
Yet you failed your original release date by over a year,  meanwhile telling us that you get more work done then anticipated, not even implementing mount stamina like you told us, how does that add up? You lie to us that's all, you are not being honest.

I guess you wasn't here for RoA launch if you think it was the worst mmo launch in history.

Reply #14
I guess he wasn't here for Earthrise launch too