Skip to main content

Topic: Force most crafting in player cities (Read 611 times) previous topic - next topic

Force most crafting in player cities
Crafting game is to safe, make it so we can disrupt our enemies.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Force most crafting in player cities
Reply #1
Because of local banking I imagine most clan crafters gonna sit in their main city anyway.

Reply #2
Because of local banking I imagine most clan crafters gonna sit in their main city anyway.

IE: Sanguine/ Charybdis/ Shoal/ Red Moon/ Ork shithole (Fire Run?)/Ymir's Tear - You know, where the markets are.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3

IE: Sanguine/ Charybdis/ Shoal/ Red Moon/ Ork shithole (Fire Run?)/Ymir's Tear - You know, where the markets are.

I also imagine clan crafters providing stuff mostly to clan members.

Reply #4
Make crafting in Player cities faster and also require less gold.  This way an active city will see some gold "given back" to offset the costs of owning the holding.  It also makes sense from a "realism" perspective that NPC towns would charge a small fee for use of their infrastructure.

Reply #5
Leave the crafters alone. Let them do their job in peace or game will die and we will be left with the same toxic people again. No thanks.

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
What provisions will be made for un-clanned crafters ?

Or will I will have to join a clan ??

Reply #7
fantastic idea ... if you want to kill the game.

Reply #8
If your "enemy" is people crafting in an NPC city. Maybe you chose the wrong enemy?

Reply #9
If your "enemy" is people crafting in an NPC city. Maybe you chose the wrong enemy?

Logistics of stopping the source of power.

Reply #10
Logistics of stopping the source of power.

At the moment clan crafters are only in NPC cities because their cities are not built up. Down the line, it'll all change, and people are not going to be wanting to craft large clan stockpiles in NPC cities only to need to move them to clan banks later on.

Reply #11
Crafting game is to safe, make it so we can disrupt our enemies.
Make crafting in Player cities faster and also require less gold.  This way an active city will see some gold "given back" to offset the costs of owning the holding.  It also makes sense from a "realism" perspective that NPC towns would charge a small fee for use of their infrastructure.

All those crafted items on the racial markets are made from mats gathered somewhere else (or made somewhere else), those 17-25 per nodes around the NPC's cities arent doing it lol.

You guys just need to get better at catching the shipments before they reach the NPC cities.

Reply #12
They are still learning how to play the New Dawn game. DFO tactics aren't working anymore. Everyones panicking.

• Azdul
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
Clans should be able to build additional facilities that makes crafting in player city more attractive, like "advanced smelter" that reduces crafting time, or melts crafted items back to ingots.

But forcing all carebears to leave NPC cities if they want to craft anything is not the right approach. In EvE some people never leave high-sec and have fun, so why not allow them to do the same in Darkfall.

• PIGGEHtheluxe
  • [*]
Reply #14
Well for my clan im the crafter to 30 ish ppl an i spend all day yesterday even throw the daily pwh crafting orders from 1700-2300 and im still not done, smelting and arrows take a shit ton of time and i would love to craft for the market and help ppl out that dont have clan crafters but its soo time consuming just the crafting that there is no time for something ells, i really hope they do like roa and cut the timers in half @Ub3rgames because holy shit it takes time and i would love to have time for something ells like maybe go to a npc city and sell some shit lol
  • Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:57:12 am by PIGGEHtheluxe
I DIDN`T CHOOSE THE PIG LIFE, THE PIG LIFE CHOSE ME.

Intel i5 7600k 5.0 Ghz 1.325 volt | Corsair H100i V2 | 16 GB DDR4 Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 2400MHz | Asus Prime Z270-A | Asus Strix GTX 1080ti | Xfx pro 650 watt | Corsair Air 540 | Acer XG270HU 2560x1440 144hz | Corsair VOID Wireless | HTC VIVE <3