Skip to main content

Topic: [Feedback] Questing (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

[Feedback] Questing
Just some positive feedback that I've got with relation to the quest system. I found the introduction of quests when you're starting out again very useful. As a solo player I never really bothered with the quests but with the new alignment system and the fact that everyone is staying blue to encourage quest rewards is a positive insight especially when you have incentive to get around Agon.

I am unsure if these were in the original Darkfall to the same calibre as they are now as the title quests were too monotonous to get started but the bonuses are well worth it. I think the punishment for going red even once is really harsh on some players because it not only resets the reward counter but takes 25 days to get back to normal which seems a bit excessive.

I've managed to get over 300 sparkstone, hundreds of multiple ql2 and ql3 materials which are all very useful including rare ingots, iron ingots, leather, steedgrass, mounts, blackbolts, r40 weapons of all ranges (bows, daggers, swords, greatclubs) I've also managed to get an insane amount of gold from them and meditation points (190k at the moment).

What I fail to understand though is why the repeatable quests are so useless in comparison to the lore / story quests? I can complete a quest and get 87 Oaklord Greenleaf which under normal circumstances is going to take days of farming them and provided that I successfully skin the mob & if it even skins the correct material but if I do a quest to kill as many Giant Skeletons in an hour I'll kill 10 more than the limit (e.g. 20 not 10) and get myself some apples as a bonus, is that a joke?

I think the repeatable quests need to have an incentive as opposed to a "?" which is just code for "fuck all" maybe have an optional enchanting ingredient which varies based on the area that the quest givers are, and should have the option of ending the quest early. E.g. Giant Skeleton quest should give Giant Bone and tells you the amounts per bonus kill, possibly being multiplicative to add incentive?

I'm sure there's an algorithm for this that we can utilise.

I've managed to get days and days of farming materials within hours of doing quests, I think some of them can be a bit ridiculous with the reward scaling like how I've got to kill Menhir Custodians for a few Hag Hearts but I can kill Lizardmen and Sarlids for Neithal Ingots? And some of them seem to have ridiculous lengths, had to swim and ride a mount for 30 minutes to a Ghost spawn where I had to skin one over 9 times before I got the 2 Ghostly Darktaint needed, and you can't buy or take this material from ANY other mob besides the ones in that specified area.

I've done almost all the human questlines but once they've ran out I'll be forced to do the repeatables but honestly they are almost useless to do? Can we refurbish them a bit more?

I'd also like to advise that repeating the same newbie quests for the 3 starter towns is a bit monotonous, it can be worth it as you end up with a mount at the end of it and a bunch of useful items but having to do about 20-25 quests for each starter town can be a droll experience, it'd be nice to setup some decent stipends for repeatables, or having the ability to do other quests for other starter towns like Mirdains or Elves, this would gimp Alfars quite a bit though.

Arkillion Asura

Re: [Feedback] Questing
Reply #1
It would be cool if the repeatable quests had clear and obvious "tiers" like kill 10-25, get a reward from this selection, kill 25-50, get a reward from this set, etc.  Could make it obvious which were worth doing, and how many kills you wanted to get.  Tbh you could even do a "lootbox" style reward generation with a spinning wheel to settle on what reward you get.  Those sort of things are popular fluff nowadays.