Skip to main content

Topic: "First Available" option in Hotbar cycle (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

"First Available" option in Hotbar cycle
Please add a "First Available" option to the Hotbar cycle methods.

• It should select the first spell in slot with no or lowest cooldown
  • It will consume the first available food / potion in a slot
  • It will spawn the first available mount in a slot

This would be a great quality of life improvement. Thank you.
  • Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 05:03:05 pm by HarvestR

Re: "First Available" option in Hotbar cycle
Reply #1

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Agreed. It's the sorely lacking mechanic for the hot bar.
I could put all three size of potions on the same slot. Depending on what I have in back pack, I could one click to drink the pot.
Same with mounts.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

Reply #3
Yes. Also with food. I either have to rearrange the food or mount or potions all the time or spam the key like 3-4 times to finally spawn my mount or drink the pot / eat the food.

And if you spam the key too fast it isn't executing the action either. So you have to always have in mind at which slot you had what.

Also the limitation of only 5 slots is a bit meh.

While I like DND over RoA, I have to admit that RoA definately has the better GUI.

Reply #4
+++

Reply #5
+100

• XiaN
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
normally id say this has been posted a million times already and you´re beating on a dead horse but in this particular case we should make 100 threads a day to ask for this and keep it going until its finally added.

Reply #7
they should either add this or explain what their plans are regarding UI changes so some people can stay in peace :D

• SoethThoth
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Make it so @Ub3rgames

And Ub3rgames said; It is the way it is, and it was. 8)

Reply #9
no, you should have to select what you cast next.

burst mode takes alot of skill out if this game.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #10
No for cooldowns on spells

Very much yes for items/consumables

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #11

Fighting agaist poor UI isnt a test of skill. It just shows poor development from the devs

Reply #12

Fighting agaist poor UI isnt a test of skill. It just shows poor development from the devs

listen brain dead, what MMO selects ur next skill for you with the default UI? so you can endless mash your face on keyboard with no thought?

the UI is pretty perfect imo. I have no problem with selecting skills, but i dont expect one button to be bound to all my abilities.

I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #13
Please add a "First Available" option to the Hotbar cycle methods.

• It should select the first spell with no or lowest cooldown
  • It will consume the first available food / potion in a slot
  • It will spawn the first available mount in a slot

This would be a great quality of life improvement. Thank you.

1 - No
2 - yes for food, no for potion
3 - yes
also yes for things like for example whirlwind - would be nice to whirlwind with any kind of melee weapon, doesnt matter are you wielding ga or gs

so basically
YES for same shit on another item (food, mount, weap skill etc) and
NO to cycling any available spell etc
  • Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:45:56 pm by walcanar

Reply #14
1 - No
[...]
NO to cycling any available spell etc

I updated my post. This feature is NOT meant to cycle ANY available spell in your Spell Book, but only those spells you have put in the slots obviously.

Like you put "Sacrifice", "Heal Other" and "Lay on Hands" in a slot. If you cast "Sacrifice" and select the slot again, it should automatically select "Heal Other", because "Sacrifice" is on cool down, etc.

It makes combat way more intuitive and fluid, because you can focus on more important things than having to deal with cool downs. It has nothing to do with "skill". It is just a hazzle and flaw in the GUI design. Not using the cruise control feature of your car doesn't mean you are a more skillful driver. Using it just makes your life easier, so you can focus on more important things.