Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: What's next and magic information (Read 4585 times) previous topic - next topic

• Rexi
  • [*]
Re: Discussion: What's next and magic information
Reply #45
I wish you would have waited for like a month with the launch and added all this to the game, like 99% are commenting, too late to change titles after you add these.

I'd still vote for wipe and relaunch honestly but then again all these titles and shit has to be tested.
  • Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:12:45 am by Rexi
< FINSTACK >

Reply #46
I may agree that Magic title with this nice and very good next patch have to be slighly reviewed/adapted.
Great HOPES

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without HOPE and confidence. Helen Keller

Reply #47
Sounds very interesting. Hopefully it does not take too long.

Do you plan to change shrapnel? If you reduce the cd to r90 cd and keep it as it is it will be the most op mobility spell and mandatory for every playstyle (mage and physical).

And i plan to go infliction mage route and already picked the title. But to unlock the spells i have to level greater magic, witchcraft, necromancy currently. If greater magic gets removed i guess i lose all that skillgain then? And what about rend and venom? Will i lose my skilllevel on those spells if they get reworked? Should i even bother leveling and unlocking those spells currently?
And pls dont let infliction ward remove dots. That would be kinda op xD

Reply #48

Do you plan to change shrapnel? If you reduce the cd to r90 cd and keep it as it is it will be the most op mobility spell and mandatory for every playstyle (mage and physical).

And i plan to go infliction mage route and already picked the title. But to unlock the spells i have to level greater magic, witchcraft, necromancy currently. If greater magic gets removed i guess i lose all that skillgain then? And what about rend and venom? Will i lose my skilllevel on those spells if they get reworked? Should i even bother leveling and unlocking those spells currently?
yea same @Ub3rgames  we need clarification about spells , do we keep the levels of needles when it is moved etc?

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #49

yea same @Ub3rgames  we need clarification about spells , do we keep the levels of needles when it is moved etc?

And can we self-splash with healing blast? I must know :D

Reply #50
So witches brew is still gonna be a self heal?

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #51
So witches brew is still gonna be a self heal?

Yeah but it isn't going to self-heal for much at all if the math in this thread is to be trusted (and it seems right, or very close to). Should still be good in WB stacks during big fights since the AOE heal is actually buffed.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #52
Interesting. Well old meta is boring, lets see how it works out.

btw
You need to start a test server before to test those numbers. 5% leech instead of good stat damage is a joke, That's like 1.5-1.8 health per bolt hit in end game. On the other hand death fog casted on a group of players can insta heal you for crazy amounts of hp if the number is too high. Interesting indeed. :)

Reply #53
It would be an extremely poor business/development decision to implement sweeping changes like these without a 1 time title respec. It was already terrible form to not even suggest that you were looking into that with your announcement.

Reply #54
Losing all title levels and having to wait months to try something is brutal. Specially since many balance stuff are unknown to the majority of players.

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #55
This is an MMO, so changes, updates and tweaks- will happen all the time. An MMO that doesn't change, update and tweak- is a dead MMO.

@Ub3rgames I'm loving the direction you're taking.

These changes to magic look cool as fuck!

Suggestion: 100k med points and 50k gold to change title without losing lvls!

This keeps title changing down to a minimum, and entices active play for those who want to swap titles!

• Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:05:06 pm by Giant
TooLate TheHero - LFC till I die

Reply #56
Ub3rgames thanks for the news . A lot of exciting changes but also disappointing changes as well.

You took half the InDev time on PvP changes and now you doing the same again. How about fixing the Market Place to make it more user friendly? There so many places game need improvements, yet we talking about PvP... 

In future please create separate news/discussion for PvP changes to remove noise.

Reply #57
Can I get a swap on my titles without waisting any more time ? I think this should really of been tested in indev. Quite a massive change and something people may need to drop titles for now. It's not the end of the world as it's only been like a week but it's still a week behind now if you do change.

Reply #58
[...] How about fixing the Market Place to make it more user friendly? There so many places game need improvements, yet we talking about PvP...

In future please create separate news/discussion for PvP changes to remove noise.

This, very much this.

While PvP can be balanced endlessly, please make the game more attractive for players concentrating on the other aspects of Darkfall, so that the game becomes interesting to a broader audience.

Reply #59
This is an MMO, so changes, updates and tweaks- will happen all the time. An MMO that doesn't change, update and tweak- is a dead MMO.
100% correct! I have to agree here.

The only issue here, that when the player base is hyped due to a fresh launch, they rush in the competition of skill gain, specially under a title system that was implanted a few weeks before the official launch and suddenly they have to realize that one of the game's major combat system (magic) will be changed greatly probably by the time when they will run out of their first 2 month payed subscription that they will using up to maxed out their in game combat role based on an "outdated" system.....

Well... yea, an MMO should keep up the interest with new expansions, new contents, visual updates... but the above scenario is a bit weird to be honest : D