Skip to main content

Topic: Fix ARAC clans ASAP! (Read 418 times) previous topic - next topic

Fix ARAC clans ASAP!
So we got non racial allies in clans together without punishment. Which would be fine if people weren't using them to attack starter city spawns and harass people they are suppose to be somewhat friendly with. So far your alignment system isn't exactly working as intended FYI.

Blues are helping/blue blocking reds who are slaughtering average players, casuals and veterans alike.

This is a tumor.

Add the Racial Token for 1 week to the Councillor. 1G race change + teleportation to racial capital of what you chose with a 24Hr CD.

Then at end of a 72 hour period any clan with non racial allies in clan are all flagged grey. Give clans a 12 hour grey timer with upper screen countdown to kick non racial allies so they don't instant flag and lose crafters / people in npc cities unaware.

You've done great so far UB3R thing don't always go smooth but you've done well reacting as fast as you can. Keep going and I hope you go far ;)

PS: People who are in party with a non racial ally should flag grey as well. Take away as much coordination from race traitors as possible.

• Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:25:06 pm by Humble Noob

Re: Fix ARAC clans ASAP!
Reply #1
Yes hopefully Ub3rgames will implement that rest of the alignment system once they give players the racial change option.  Both should have been in at launch.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Get jumped just now by 3 humans and 2 alfars (same clan) at a noob spawn (they killed everyone in the area), they hit me but only the alfars get the final blow, i'm human.

@Ub3rgames The ARAC penalties should be implemented as priority, is for population retention and a serious issue like unclanned blue blocking.
Unfortunately these sociopath people take fun over everyone else using this old exploit. They don't have the courage to go red, they use other red or racial enemies. Pussies.
  • Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 10:58:19 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #3
There are players who had a human char but wanted to play alfar for launch(just a random example), they couldnt play alfar because the racial change didnt make it for launch. Only after they introduce the racial change the arac clans can be removed.  Untill that time these things will happen, nothing compared to the reds attacking you at DFO launch where complete clans were roaming newbie area's.
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
There are players who had a human char but wanted to play alfar for launch(just a random example), they couldnt play alfar because the racial change didnt make it for launch. Only after they introduce the racial change the arac clans can be removed.  Untill that time these things will happen, nothing compared to the reds attacking you at DFO launch where complete clans were roaming newbie area's.

Indeed we have to wait race change and ARAC restrictions, but around Sanguine is a hell of red players killing new players, can't mind racial enemies but same alliance reds. What a disgrace.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #5
Already the alignment system punishes players heavily.

Uber has said he has plans to implement some small changes. i hope the changes do not force people to choose a race.

At most you should make Arac clans permanently rouge if you choose to be an all race clan, then they will also populate chaos citys and be forced to try and take a player city or hamlet for their clan.

Leave the game hardcore and as a sandbox.
  • Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:16:29 pm by xzxDJxzx Terrorize

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
ARAC penalties are indeed a mandatory addition, blue blocking is an issue that should be solved, is a old exploit and it can cause new players bleeding. I'm confident Ub3r will look into it.

Hardcore? Is already hardcore enought, tweaking the alignment further will only benefit the game, i want population spread and new players to support the game development not face the same 10 vets all the time.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #7
ARAC penalties are indeed a mandatory addition, blue blocking is an issue that should be solved, is a old exploit and it can cause new players bleeding. I'm confident Ub3r will look into it.

Hardcore? Is already hardcore enought, tweaking the alignment further will only benefit the game, i want population spread and new players to support the game development not face the same 10 vets all the time.

All you have ever done is preach the same old things day in day out from DF1 to DFUW and now DND you are preaching again, its like dejavu.

We dont want a safety game with safezones or ultra harsh penaltys.

DND is a niche game, there is a reason why people choose full loot hardcore vs WoW or Everquest style games.

Already i have seen several players move over from Life Is Feudal and Mortal Online. We are already seeing several new players spreading across the server and actually 1st timers loving DND already due to the style of the game.

Let Uber handle things, he has done a good job already whilst keeping the game a hardcore sandbox.
  • Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:36:29 pm by xzxDJxzx Terrorize

Reply #8
Blue blocking for those who don't know is when someone not in your group or clan comes to your spawn and tries to fight mobs. They jump in front of your spells and arrows and try to get hit so you go grey. Guess what.... your not gonna be friends with everyone. If you want to fight over the spawn the you will go red. You can talk to them about it and see if they want to join your party but then they might kill you. How do we fix it?

You don't. This is how it works. Any changes will lead to different exploits. Pick a new spawn or blue block them until they leave. There are plenty of spawns. Shoudl we make it easier for new players or should we teach them how to deal with it?

Making the game safe goes against EVERYTHING THIS GAME STANDS FOR!!
I agree with you on alot of stuff but I hate these constant threads about safe zones and helping noobs. Go help the noobs and stop posting these threads.
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9

All you have ever done is preach the same old things day in day out from DF1 to DFUW and now DND you are preaching again, its like dejavu.

We dont want a safety game with safezones or ultra harsh penaltys.

DND is a niche game, there is a reason why people choose full loot hardcore vs WoW or Everquest style games.

Already i have seen several players move over from Life Is Feudal and Mortal Online. We are already seeing several new players spreading across the server and actually 1st timers loving DND already due to the style of the game.

Let Uber handle things, he has done a good job already whilst keeping the game a hardcore sandbox.

Nobody ask for safe zones, this is something i never said, i just want the game to properly punish people who on purpose exploit the blue status to grief new players. It have nothing to do on what you talking about.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
You don't. This is how it works. Any changes will lead to different exploits. Pick a new spawn or blue block them until they leave. There are plenty of spawns. Shoudl we make it easier for new players or should we teach them how to deal with it?

Nope, a pvp toggle to remove the friendly fire between blue players is the only possible solution, engagement system wont work because an AI can't recognize human behaviour.
Blame these retards who prey for new players and have fun ruin the game for everyone else not the people who try to solve the issue with a decent compromise that can make everyone happy.

And nobody want safe zones of full loot removed, this have nothing to do with the blue blocking issue.
  • Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:42:48 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #11

Nope, a pvp toggle to remove the friendly fire between blue players is the only possible solution, engagement system wont work because an AI can't recognize human behaviour.
Blame these retards who prey for new players and have fun ruin the game for everyone else not the people who try to solve the issue with a decent compromise that can make everyone happy.

And nobody want safe zones of full loot removed, this have nothing to do with the blue blocking issue.

That blue pvp toggle that you begged for on rise of agon forums killed ROA and that is a fact, ask all the roa players that moved to DND.

Aim better instead of wanting to be pampered with soft towels by asking for yet another blue pvp protection toggle like WoW, friendly fire is a part of the game, this game is a sandbox, not point and click :))
  • Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:41:41 pm by xzxDJxzx Terrorize

Reply #12
kind of a joke :(
fix asap
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #13
There isn't alot of them really. Even most of us assholes have stopped because we don't' want darkfail to happen again and this game funnels you into being blue because the consequences in the future will be costly.
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.

Reply #14
ARAC restrictions does nothing, its all about comfort for ARAC members. They will just split into 3 ally, and will use an uncorp alt or kill/gank for a trade(if trade will make restrictions too), thats all. Humandlands now have more reds population seeking around than blue i think (if you discount afk miners). We need WATCH TOWER/RACIAL WARFRONT system ASAP.
  • Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:34:44 am by coppernik