Skip to main content

Topic: How to deal with this? Is this blue blocking? (Read 1198 times) previous topic - next topic

How to deal with this? Is this blue blocking?
Today, I was finishing off my troll quest and spawn was full of people.

This player Drigo Hunger from <Jungle Kingdom> been attacking/harassing me for a long time.  He keep switching between blue and grey and attempted to kill me many times.

Can I attack him but still stay blue myself? Am I a sitting duck in this situation?

You can watch my broadcast from https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224152310 from 58:22 till the end.

Here is a small clip.
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailHungryKuduTBTacoRight

• Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:42:22 am by Fore Core

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: How to deal with this? Is this blue blocking?
Reply #1
If he hits you once, you have 12 seconds to kill him without penalty (keep in mind, if you want to actually gank him you need spare time).
If he hits you twice within those 12 seconds, you get two minutes to do the same thing.
(spoiler alert, you cannot loot him in the first option, because the grave will be blue and you take alignment hit.)

You arent a sitting duck though, for very long, because if he does manage to kill you he loses alignment.
If he ganks you, he loses alignment, if he loots you he loses alignment.

He would very quickly be unable to stay in starter area's.

He could ofcourse be a total asshole and hit you once every 12 seconds with a fully charged dragon breath hoping the monsters kill you and then loot. It would cost him less alignment, but would still result in the same thing down the line.

He could be a smart asshole, hit you once every 12 seconds with a fully charged dragon breath hoping the monsters kill you, or cause you to run away so he gets to loot scaled up monsters out of proportion to his contribution in damage dealt.
Which yes, that is permanent.

The alignment system isnt complete though, uber is going to improve upon it to recognize behaviour like this and give them proper grey status and even alignment hits when they arent the one getting a killing blow. But that may take a while, and requires the server to be stable first.

Reply #2
@CeliahAiley Is this what your clan has become? Griefing new players and newbie spawns?

Real improvement there bro!

Reply #3
The rogue system is something that needs to be put into the tutorial for new players straight away. There is no proper in game explanation for it and it's something new players need to be made aware of.

I have no problem with the blue blocking mechanic but it should be explained to players so they can come up with ways of dealing with it.

Reply #4
Looping in @Ub3rgames  for visibility.

Reply #5
Good flagging system
No need change

Reply #6
I think the grey flagging system could use a tweak.

If the victim (aka guy being hit) hits the enemy who is grey the grey timer should extend another 15 seconds. So a harasser can be chased down and killed without alignment loss. Or at least taught not to mess with you.

However to prevent accidental hit/grey then being chased down and killed over an accident the aggressor healing the victim instantly turns the aggressor back blue.

So you heal the guy you hit and you are blue instantly. If the victim turns and attacks they get an extended grey timer. Should only work for the victim attacking the grey. Others can damage but the timer doesn't extend.

Reply #7
If he hits you once, you have 12 seconds to kill him without penalty (keep in mind, if you want to actually gank him you need spare time).
If he hits you twice within those 12 seconds, you get two minutes to do the same thing.
(spoiler alert, you cannot loot him in the first option, because the grave will be blue and you take alignment hit.)

You arent a sitting duck though, for very long, because if he does manage to kill you he loses alignment.
If he ganks you, he loses alignment, if he loots you he loses alignment.

He would very quickly be unable to stay in starter area's.

He could ofcourse be a total asshole and hit you once every 12 seconds with a fully charged dragon breath hoping the monsters kill you and then loot. It would cost him less alignment, but would still result in the same thing down the line.

He could be a smart asshole, hit you once every 12 seconds with a fully charged dragon breath hoping the monsters kill you, or cause you to run away so he gets to loot scaled up monsters out of proportion to his contribution in damage dealt.
Which yes, that is permanent.

The alignment system isnt complete though, uber is going to improve upon it to recognize behaviour like this and give them proper grey status and even alignment hits when they arent the one getting a killing blow. But that may take a while, and requires the server to be stable first.

If the blueblocker was smart, he wouldnt be in Jungle Kingdom to start with ....

Reply #8

If the victim (aka guy being hit) hits the enemy who is grey the grey timer should extend another 15 seconds. So a harasser can be chased down and killed without alignment loss. Or at least taught not to mess with you.

However to prevent accidental hit/grey then being chased down and killed over an accident the aggressor healing the victim instantly turns the aggressor back blue.

So you heal the guy you hit and you are blue instantly. If the victim turns and attacks they get an extended grey timer. Should only work for the victim attacking the grey. Others can damage but the timer doesn't extend.

So the harasser just cycles in weak heals between large single damage hits to kill blues and takes no alignment hit.

Reply #9
A better feed back/tutorial is needed so a noob is not causing friendly fire and getting flagged. 

A more sophisticated algorithm needed.  If attacker hit once every 12 sec for more than 3 times within 45 sec then it is good indication.

Reply #10
This is disgusting, and despicable. This Drigo Hunter sounds like a really handsome fellow, who is skirting on a fine line of danger and excitement.

Reply #11

I like this!

Reply #12

So the harasser just cycles in weak heals between large single damage hits to kill blues and takes no alignment hit.

Well to avoid that work around the healing required to turn back blue should be equal to the damage done. So if the aggressors heals suck they may need 2 - 3 spells to heal the damage done with a high lvl R90 spell for instance.

Reply #13
The alignment system is fine, the game was just launched, hardly anyone sits around the starter areas anymore.

Leave the game hardcore, we dont need it nerfed into safezones or easier ways to kill a grey or a red.

Its part of the sand in the box!

Reply #14
Its pretty simple. There are no safe zones. There are consequences. You will die. You will lose your shit. You will be aware of your surroundings and jumpy when you hear a mount or a begone going off. Welcome to Darkfall. There are no need for safe zones because that would go against every thing the game is based on. The game is meant to be hardcore. Live with your choices. Get new gear. Hang out with some friends. Get better skills. A veteran will and should always whoop a new player because of his time commitment and skill level he has gained over time living in the same world you live in. We all went through it. Putting people in safe zones will just lead to more safe zones and less people learning how to play.
They say you are what you eat
I took the star outta starvation.