Skip to main content

Topic: Opinions on fast travel after playing. (Read 8161 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Opinions on fast travel after playing.
Reply #300
Why do RoA fans come here to complain about the game. If yon prefer RoA then why coming here giving your advice and then crying when Ub3r ignoring you. Why don't you complain on the forum's game you prefer?

Why do people think that anyone complaining or criticising the game plays ROA ?

Because people whine alot about stuff they are able to get in Roa, so they should actually play it and stop the endless whine in here.

We need this forum to be a bubble full of Yes Men and Fanboys. We need it to be a safespace, a echo chamber for the non PVP community, this game is a pure success story with zero problems.

The only echo i hear is from the whining of the people seeking something which can be found somewhere else.

Honestly, why do you not play roa? This is a serious question. Why do you hang around here? What makes you think you can turn this into your Dream Darkfall? And more importantly what aspects of this version do you actually like over the other?

Another beta male enters the arena. Dream darkfall? Everything you say to me is ironic, because its stubborn players like you who have killed this version and want to make it even worse than it is now, i want more fluff on darkfall but you cant just kill pvp and make it extremely restrictive while doing it you fucking spastic.

Ideas that sound good on paper havent worked on this game, the game doesnt have the population for some of  these grand ideas to work and even with population they might not work, do you think the population is healthy right now? Do you think its normal for the game to be this restrictive and dead a few months after release? Its the quickest dying darkfall ever. Open your eyes and take your head out of your own ass.

You didnt answer one question. And just insulted me. I tried but it is hard to take you serious.

I dont really care if you take me serious or not to be honest, players like you are part of the problem and all you do is go to bringing up ROA instead of having a logical discussion, you prefer to dig the hole even deeper than see the truth why this game is failing. Ultimately PVP is the backbone of darkfall, this game has a broken backbone.

ROA doesnt even factor into a choice for me when playing darkfall. Players like you think darkfall should have a PVP version and a non PVP version, i will say again as i said before and apply the laws of your black and white logic, if one version leans towards wolves and the other for sheep, then why isnt this game full of sheep? Surely most MMO players arent wolves, so why isnt the population exploding? Why isnt this game a big success?

The only solution players like you have is to carry on down your stubborn road and add more restrictions to the game, you can choke the players to death with more restrictions but it wont bring players back.

Whats one of the supposed changes thats coming out soon, that decent ships can only be spawned at spawnyards, do you think a change like that will bring players back? Does it sound nice on paper, yes, does it make the game better for the players? No.

Game mechanics like that make the game harder on a low population not easier, but theres many game mechanics that screw the population over and just make people bored, but players like you wont be happy until the game has 100 actives or closes down.

The fact the game has this population after a few months of release is nothing short of disgusting. You should be confronting reality, instead of burping ROA out like a parrot.

You are making alot of assumptions about me here. I am here only because Uber are trying to do it differently than already failed versions of Darkfall. What you ask for is what we had and what didnt work AND what is available again. I am also pissed about the state of the game but i dont want old systems back. The biggest fault so far was releasing this game with a non working siege system. THAT is the main reason not some convenience features.

You are probably one of the first people that whine about holdings having no value but you suggest building/spawning ships everywhere thus taking away holdings specialties? Are you that shortsighted?
This is a complex game with complex systems it cant succeed when you only focus all systems on how to get into pvp quickly, it just cant. And we should know that by now. I don't know if DnD will succeed eventually but the way they laid it out is the only way where i can see some chances that it will.

But you still havn't answered me the question what you think that this version does better than Roa and makes you stay here in the forum?

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #301
What sold me to Darkfall originally was "you're never safe".
Go PvE with your buddies, but someone will come and try to gank you. That's the stuff that kept me going in the original DFO.

Now... with low population and bankstaring contests... meh. People want instant action on a timer (and sieges are just that), nobody cares about organic PvP.
Yes, spaming on forums will not help either, but I would really like to see more people outside of cities, doing ANYTHING in the wilderness. And then PKs can roam and everyone gets their fun.

I have a feeling you arent going out in the world yourself. OR maybe iam just lucky. Atm i just got time for some Power Hour.

Currently iam on Yssam at my house. Yesterday i wanted to kill some thyeril and leenspar golems to skill some magic (loot is shit btw) and on the way from ehetil to the golems i meet 2 groups going for the village and At the leenspar golem i had 2 loadlags and 1 guy trying to jump me.

So depending on the spot, its far from safe outside.

I bet you get your action on the ogre spawn close to maghnir in dwaflands.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #302
Go PvE with your buddies, but someone will come and try to gank you. That's the stuff that kept me going in the original DFO.

Now... with low population and bankstaring contests... meh. People want instant action on a timer (and sieges are just that), nobody cares about organic PvP.
Yes, spaming on forums will not help either, but I would really like to see more people outside of cities, doing ANYTHING in the wilderness. And then PKs can roam and everyone gets their fun.

I have a feeling you arent going out in the world yourself. OR maybe iam just lucky. Atm i just got time for some Power Hour.

Currently iam on Yssam at my house. Yesterday i wanted to kill some thyeril and leenspar golems to skill some magic (loot is shit btw) and on the way from ehetil to the golems i meet 2 groups going for the village and At the leenspar golem i had 2 loadlags and 1 guy trying to jump me.

No way :O you saw 5 people in the space of 3 hours ?

You're only helping us prove that the game is dead lol.

• sup
  • [*]
Reply #303
Death penalty is far too much for me or the few people I started with.  I would consider playing if I could at least pick between respawning at my original bindstone, or the current system of somewhere close to the death spot.  Otherwise I'm punished far too much for going out and exploring and I would rather just play something else.  I don't mind travel time but this is far too much for the amount of video game time I get.

The population is really small so I never had any worry about moving my bank either, it just took a long ass time and was very boring.  I didn't see one other person while doing it during NA primetime.

Reply #304
Death penalty is far too much for me or the few people I started with.  I would consider playing if I could at least pick between respawning at my original bindstone, or the current system of somewhere close to the death spot.  Otherwise I'm punished far too much for going out and exploring and I would rather just play something else.  I don't mind travel time but this is far too much for the amount of video game time I get.

The population is really small so I never had any worry about moving my bank either, it just took a long ass time and was very boring.  I didn't see one other person while doing it during NA primetime.

Exactly,

This was all said on day 1 but any criticism was met with ''GO PLAY ROA'', ''ROA TROLL'', ''YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE VISHUN''

Most of the fanboys saying this stuff have even quit after they realised we were right.

@SoethThoth hasn't been around in a while, he darent show his face.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #305

Exactly,

This was all said on day 1 but any criticism was met with ''GO PLAY ROA'', ''ROA TROLL'', ''YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE VISHUN''

Most of the fanboys saying this stuff have even quit after they realised we were right.

@SoethThoth hasn't been around in a while, he darent show his face.
Hahaha so fucking true. I like how these idiots (I have one in my clan) want to live out the "vision" and get mad when we have people in our clan who are red. New Dawn rose colored four eyed fan boys who have since quit "until meaningful patches/arac changes get implemented" while all the rest of us are trying to make the best of this shit show of an AltFall.
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #306

Didnt know you have a lack of reading or understanding skills.

As i wrote in my Power Hour on one island

Reply #307

You mentioned traveling from your village to the golems, which adds considerable time, maybe i was too generous with time. Let's cut it in half then, to 1Hr 30

1Hr 30 and you only ran into 5 people ?

Unholy wars was more alive in its last year.

Good that you mentioned loot was shit though, hopefully you open up more in the coming weeks or just quit like all the other fanboys @SoethThoth

Reply #308

You mentioned traveling from your village to the golems, which adds considerable time, maybe i was too generous with time. Let's cut it in half then, to 1Hr 30

1Hr 30 and you only ran into 5 people ?

Unholy wars was more alive in its last year.

Good that you mentioned loot was shit though, hopefully you open up more in the coming weeks or just quit like all the other fanboys @SoethThoth

So you complain about too few people but wish the actives quit?

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #309

The vision and foundation of the game are something i really like and think will be succesful. With a small Dev's team like ND has, i dont make myself some illusions and think we will get small improvements over time.

Currently iam enjoying the game and have fun playing but without Warfronts and Watchtowers or additional content iam realistic enough to myself that i will probably play less or stop playing at one point until those things are added.

But iam grown up enough to know this and not cry about obvious stuff in every thread.

You should maybe enjoy all the better games from major AAA companies out there like Arch Age which startet a new server with maximum P2W Shop......there you have your quality games.

Reply #310

The vision and foundation of the game are something i really like and think will be succesful. With a small Dev's team like ND has, i dont make myself some illusions and think we will get small improvements over time.

Currently iam enjoying the game and have fun playing but without Warfronts and Watchtowers or additional content iam realistic enough to myself that i will probably play less or stop playing at one point until those things are added.

But iam grown up enough to know this and not cry about obvious stuff in every thread.

You should maybe enjoy all the better games from major AAA companies out there like Arch Age which startet a new server with maximum P2W Shop......there you have your quality games.
Brags about being a grown up yet spends large amount of his days arguing with kids on a computer game forum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
dodgy bastard

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #311

Brags about being a grown up yet spends large amount of his days arguing with kids on a computer game forum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Large Amounts of his days lol.

Reply #312
Yeah, i'm gonna conclude that it was not a good idea as predicted.

Thanks guys.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #313

Thanks guys.
You just don't see the vishun. This game is not for you. Come back when the economy has tanked and you're one of the fortunate who get 2 years of unemployment so you can enjoy the game k thx bye
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #314

Thanks guys.

Huh, who woulda thunk...

It is the way it is.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:31:43 am by Seronys

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.